ADVERTISEMENT

Word on the street is that we will have an opponent for Oct 27

You think we would pay a FCS school as much as we payed Akron?

Are we still paying Akron 1.13 million in February.
Yeah, probably not as much as an FBS school. I think Incarnate Word is getting only $300K from Iowa State plus the costs associated with flying a charter from Texas to Iowa. I would guess we might go $500,000 plus travel or close to $700,000.

It's a private school, so it's better to compare to Wake Forest and Duke, in terms of enrollment size. BCU would be just fine. It would be a chance for UNL to host its first historically black college or university and open some opportunities for partnerships and goodwill. Oh, and HBCUs are historically underfunded, so they'd love to take home a cool million or so.
Both Duke and Wake are FBS schools, and both have much larger enrollments. It is not about being an HBCU, it is about being a very small school. Nebraska Wesleyan is closer in size to BCU than BCU is to Duke.

Both Duke and Wake are FBS schools, and both have much larger enrollments. It is not about being an HBCU, it is about being a very small school. Nebraska Wesleyan is closer in size to BCU than BCU is to Duke.
Duke = 6,692
Wake = 5,102
Bethune = 3,992

"Much" larger? Meh. Larger.
Yes, Duke and Wake are FBS. BCU is not.
NWU is Division III. BCU is Division I.

Point taken.

Peace.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT