ADVERTISEMENT

Word is out on the street that Troy Walters

Chins is the main problem so don't get why fingers are getting pointed elsewhere
Most Husker fans are smart enough to understand that Chinander isn't going anywhere. SOME Husker fans understand that installing a 3-4 defense takes time to integrate and that it requires some talent (linebacker especially) that NU didn't have already. I have read multiple times from guy who have made the switch from playing in a 4-3 to a 3-4 that it takes a couple of years to make that transition as a team. It's tough to do in college. UCF never got to that third year with Chinander so I understand your criticism of him but it may also be a bit unfair. MOST people do understand the pressure that a high tempo offense like Frost's puts on the defense with the number of plays run and the sometimes quick 3 and outs. I think most non-message board posters are taking a "wait and see" approach with Chinander. I personally am hopeful that things will improve with a consistency in systems and coaching staff.

Chins is Frost's ride or die.
I hope not, I could honestly see something like moving him to a positional coach and hiring a proven DC in the near future. I doubt Frost will ever ask him to move on like he did with Dewitt. Now if Chins decided to leave on his own that is another story.

How do fans continue to say things like this? He let DeWitt go and may be letting one or two more go. So it seems he is willing to part with coaches that aren't getting the job done, yet you say he is "ride or die" with Chinander, with no basis for this belief what so ever.
The dude was literaly in his wedding. Thats some pretty good basis. Now yes, claiming he is Frost ride or die is a bit extreme, not sure about anyone else. I would have a very hard time firing my best friend and man a trust. My hope is that his best friend would realize just how important this thing is to him and he would leave on his own, knowing he can't cut it.

Reactions: kerpal_68
The dude was literaly in his wedding. Thats some pretty good basis. Now yes, claiming he is Frost ride or die is a bit extreme, not sure about anyone else. I would have a very hard time firing my best friend and man a trust. My hope is that my best friend would realize just how important this thing is to me and he we leave on his own, knowing he can't cut it.
So, baseless speculation. How anyone could think he would pick loyalty to Chinander over Nebraska football and/or his own career is beyond me.

So, baseless speculation. How anyone could think he would pick loyalty to Chinander over Nebraska football and/or his own career is beyond me.
No we don't, the only one who knows for sure if Frost could fire Chin is Frost. Since none of us on here are Frost yes of course we are all speculating. However, as with most things in life that isn't 100% guaranteed you can take clues and form a solid guess or assumption. I do think Nebraska is very important to Frost, but he has said many time so is loyalty. If you aren't loyal to your best friend that doesn't say much about ones character.
Like I mentioned in my posts above. I could for sure see Frost moving him to a positional coach or analyst of some sort. I don't think he would ever tell him to take a hike(just my opinion) Or that Chin realizes how important this is to Frost and he moves on, on his own. Lets hope it doesn't ever get to that point. Lets hope Chins coaching abilities take off from here on out and he puts out top 10 Ds.

Reactions: scarletred
The thing I take exception to is folks acting like Frost is doing Chins a favor by keeping him on staff and is blind to his weaknesses and the defense’s underwhelming performance.

More plausibly Frost still has confidence in him. Moreover, they have aligning philosophies—Frost wants a DC who is committed to getting the ball back to the offense and working with the limitations provided by our offense’s pace. The defense’s role is to compliment the offense.

Could Frost go out and try to hire the best DC money can buy? Yes, and that may be an improvement, but then Frost may be compromising on other aspects of his vision.

When you take all that into consideration, plus the fact that the OFFENSE consistently underwhelmed more than the defense this past year, I think some y’all need to put your pitchforks away for at least another year.

Giving up 25 points a game isn't going to be good enough in the Big 10. That's below average in this league. It's the object of any defense to stop the offense. The fastest and most reliable way to get the ball back is to have a good enough defense where you can force a 3 and out. Yeah turnovers are great but you can't always rely on them.
I'm just telling you what this whole scheme was about.. it was discussed ad nauseam when Scott first came here. You can believe whatever you like, because Chins isn't going anywhere, and in Scotts mind, he did a great job.

Tough to have a good defense with the lack of depth and bad linebacker play. I’d say let Chins learn (fast) and build the depth which is what we’re doing. If our offense can improve a bit more and if our special teams can make a 180 turn, we’re an 8 win team.
The DC is directly responsible for both of those things.

Most Husker fans are smart enough to understand that Chinander isn't going anywhere. SOME Husker fans understand that installing a 3-4 defense takes time to integrate and that it requires some talent (linebacker especially) that NU didn't have already. I have read multiple times from guy who have made the switch from playing in a 4-3 to a 3-4 that it takes a couple of years to make that transition as a team. It's tough to do in college. UCF never got to that third year with Chinander so I understand your criticism of him but it may also be a bit unfair. MOST people do understand the pressure that a high tempo offense like Frost's puts on the defense with the number of plays run and the sometimes quick 3 and outs. I think most non-message board posters are taking a "wait and see" approach with Chinander. I personally am hopeful that things will improve with a consistency in systems and coaching staff.
Last year was the 3rd year we were in the 3-4. That excuse has run dry.

I'm just telling you what this whole scheme was about.. it was discussed ad nauseam when Scott first came here. You can believe whatever you like, because Chins isn't going anywhere, and in Scotts mind, he did a great job.
So did coach frost tell you that chin did a great job? I find it hard to believe hes satisfied with any aspect of the team

No we don't, the only one who knows for sure if Frost could fire Chin is Frost. Since none of us on here are Frost yes of course we are all speculating. However, as with most things in life that isn't 100% guaranteed you can take clues and form a solid guess or assumption. I do think Nebraska is very important to Frost, but he has said many time so is loyalty. If you aren't loyal to your best friend that doesn't say much about ones character.
Like I mentioned in my posts above. I could for sure see Frost moving him to a positional coach or analyst of some sort. I don't think he would ever tell him to take a hike(just my opinion) Or that Chin realizes how important this is to Frost and he moves on, on his own. Lets hope it doesn't ever get to that point. Lets hope Chins coaching abilities take off from here on out and he puts out top 10 Ds.
What about Frost's loyalty to the program he won a championship as a player for? Chinander is just one guy. Imo, the 150 players on the team deserve better. The hundreds of thousands of fans in Nebraska and all across the country who show up to support the team through thick and thin deserve better. What about the pride of all former players that built the program into what it is? That's where Frost's loyalty should lie, not just with one man.

What about Frost's loyalty to the program he won a championship as a player for? Chinander is just one guy. Imo, the 150 players on the team deserve better. The hundreds of thousands of fans in Nebraska and all across the country who show up to support the team through thick and thin deserve better. What about the pride of all former players that built the program into what it is? That's where Frost's loyalty should lie, not just with one man.
I think any speculation that it doesn’t is nonsense.

So you really want to count Diaco First year...o_O
Yes why shouldn't it be? That's the problem when you make excuses. You start writing off one year for one reason and another year for another reason and all of a sudden you find your program in the toilet and hard to recover from.

Yes why shouldn't it be? That's the problem when you make excuses. You start writing off one year for one reason and another year for another reason and all of a sudden you find your program in the toilet and hard to recover from.

Because Diaco couldn’t even teach his Asst Coach how to run this defense since they were tutored in the 4-3 not a lone teaching this defense to the players...

Better think this one over or your clueless..

That's already been done, in part, no strict SnC, which some still dont consider it was a problem, or just keep switching coaches, cause it's worked so well for us in the past, or pointing to our team recruiting rankings, ignoring who they got, not mad at who they didn't, lazy recruiting, entire holes in the roster, thats how you go down the toilet, bet there's still some in denial.

When we have 6 guys from honorable mention to 2nd in the all Big team, when the average should net you ten,almost eleven, and purdue and Illinois are the only two teams with less in the west, we have arrived.

I take that back, Illinois had more guys on their defense alone than we had, so, only purdue did we hav more guys mentioned in the all Big team

Last edited:
I hope not, I could honestly see something like moving him to a positional coach and hiring a proven DC in the near future. I doubt Frost will ever ask him to move on like he did with Dewitt. Now if Chins decided to leave on his own that is another story.
is ..... not .....going ......to ......happen

what won't happen, Frost demoting Chin, or chins leaving on his own?
Demoting for sure will not happen. I could see Chinander leaving for a head coaching job. I suspect if his alma mater were to offer him the DC job some day that might be tough for him to turn down. Chinander is a bright young coach. He and Frost will figure it out. I think Chinander is safe for that same 5-6 year time frame that Frost is. I didn't see a lot of stupid defensive play calls this last year. I saw a lot of failure to execute a scheme that should have been executable by legitimate P5 players. Much of that IMO was due to safety injuries and a lack of enough talent at OLB. JMHO. IF you have ONE hole on defense, most P5 OCs are going to exploit it and we had several.

Did Frost ask Dewitt to move on or is that speculation?

Because Diaco couldn’t even teach his Asst Coach how to run this defense since they were tutored in the 4-3 not a lone teaching this defense to the players...

Better think this one over or your clueless..
They've had a chance to recruit players for the 3-4 for over 3 years now. Most people would say that's the hardest thing of switching schemes is just getting the players and we've had over 3 years to do that.

Did Frost ask Dewitt to move on or is that speculation?
I think it's obvious that there was some kind of pressure for him to leave. DeWitt seemed to like it here and I think he wanted to stay. I don't know if he was outright asked to leave but he may have felt it was his only option.

They've had a chance to recruit players for the 3-4 for over 3 years now. Most people would say that's the hardest thing of switching schemes is just getting the players and we've had over 3 years to do that.
Who are they? Show me those players? Domann isnt starting where he was recruited for, Stille is doing fine, Tannors young,but coming along, our ILBs are slow in the pass game, kinda slow in the run game, Nelsons no speed demon, doing ok, but young, Davis didnt get it til the middle/end of the year.
Its been three years, very few from last year have played, I've been telling you this for several days now, and why they were redshirted, who's injured,why they played true frosh at LB etc etc.

The tweet about Khalil being unstoppable is because, he's at the position he was recruited for.

Who are they? Show me those players? Domann isnt starting where he was recruited for, Stille is doing fine, Tannors young,but coming along, our ILBs are slow in the pass game, kinda slow in the run game, Nelsons no speed demon, doing ok, but young, Davis didnt get it til the middle/end of the year.
Its been three years, very few from last year have played, I've been telling you this for several days now, and why they were redshirted, who's injured,why they played true frosh at LB etc etc.

The tweet about Khalil being unstoppable is because, he's at the position he was recruited for.

Khalil produced. Some people just weren't paying attention.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Khalil produced. Some people just weren't paying attention.
All I heard was we were getting pushed around, game after game, iowa went and scored etc.
Whats funny is, they never mention seven in the box, it's only eight or more in the box.

The front seven are three linemen and four LBs, our linemen will show themselves for that sunday playing time, lets see how our LBs do.

How do fans continue to say things like this? He let DeWitt go and may be letting one or two more go. So it seems he is willing to part with coaches that aren't getting the job done, yet you say he is "ride or die" with Chinander, with no basis for this belief what so ever.
They expect our D to be great with less then adequate players. Lots of recliner coordinators.

I do think it would be difficult to for Frost to fire Chins if that time ever comes, it I’m like you, I think if it becomes obvious Frost will do something... I’d assume their Friendship is good enough for Frost to feel comfortable enough to say, hey you’re not cutting it here right now, I’m going to help find you a job somewhere else so I don’t have to fire you... get some more experience and let’s good luck...

Reactions: headcard
Last year was the 3rd year we were in the 3-4. That excuse has run dry.
This was only the second year of being coached by assistants that had ever taught the 3-4. Even given that our D IMO played much better the last 4 games of the year. I posted that most guys who had to make the switch in P5 or the pros that I've heard comment on the change said that it took 2-3 years to master the system. I think we're on track. You think the sky is falling.

This was only the second year of being coached by assistants that had ever taught the 3-4. Even given that our D IMO played much better the last 4 games of the year. I posted that most guys who had to make the switch in P5 or the pros that I've heard comment on the change said that it took 2-3 years to master the system. I think we're on track. You think the sky is falling.
The defense is on track for what? I'd be quite optimistic if we got a different DC but I know that's not happening this year.

ADVERTISEMENT