ADVERTISEMENT

Word is out on the street that Troy Walters

Why do people get so much glee in repeating rumors of coaches leaving?
Because it's needed. They make a lot more than the median wage each year so I don't have too much sympathy if they're let go for poor performance.

The downplaying, on this board, of Oregon and the success they had is mind boggling to me. Under Chip, they finished #11,#3,#4 and #2 and won the Pac-12 three times. The next two years, under Helfrich, they finished #9 and #2, with another Pac-12 Championship.
I wouldn't mind having their offense. I hope we're shooting for a better defense than they had.

I think Dingle was actually wondering why so many post RUMORS with glee. Why not wait til it’s official?

That’s how I took it at least.
There's not much else to talk about when it's the offseason and we missed a bowl game. Plus the coaching staff has a pretty big impact on the performances we see on Saturdays. Why wouldn't you discuss potential coaching changes on a Husker message board?

Joe Moorhead is sitting out here without a job. One of the best offensive minds in the game. Could Frost and Moorhead link up and tag team this operation?

Is out and that his desk has been cleaned out..
A Helfrich hire would be fine as a short term analyst IMO BUT I don't think it would be all that wise to hire him as a full time assistant coach because he wouldn't stay here that long. He'll be off to be a head coach some where. If not this coming year, then the year after.

his desk has been cleaned out..
Among other things, they found.....

antacid tablets
a coconut
SF photo w/ hand-drawn red devil horns
half a salami
XL pink laced panties
blood pressure meds
Boyz II Men cds
xtra strength hemorrhoid gel
blood stained gloves
nylon stockings and a wig
a bottle of Mad Dog 20/20

just kidding

it was much worse

Reactions: Ron BK
I had a feeling he would make some changes if necessary, my biggest concern is Chin. Can Frost fire his best friend if it comes down to it? Maybe it wouldn't be a firing. Maybe it would be a coaching rearrangement. Moving him to a positional coach and bringing in another D coordinator

Yes, let Chins take over Dewitt's or as an analyst, bring in a
I had a feeling he would make some changes if necessary, my biggest concern is Chin. Can Frost fire his best friend if it comes down to it? Maybe it wouldn't be a firing. Maybe it would be a coaching rearrangement. Moving him to a positional coach and bringing in another D coordinator

I agree.

Just 3-5 more classes of 10+ 4 star recruits and we should start winning the number of games that Wisconsin, Iowa, and Minnesota currently do per season...
Sure that’s what I said. Just keep bitching and yelling, that’s the answer. Makes perfect sense to ignore the player attrition and instability in our system and say nonsense like this.

Reactions: Swiv3D
to me, the Oregon Ducks are not a team I would look to for how to run the football. I mean we used to do that right? Quite better than Oregon ever has too. But that would mean we have to give up this Chip Kelly inspired identity.. If only Nebraska could become Nebraska again.. Geez, I wonder how...

to me, the Oregon Ducks are not a team I would look to for how to run the football. I mean we used to do that right? Quite better than Oregon ever has too. But that would mean we have to give up this Chip Kelly inspired identity.. If only Nebraska could become Nebraska again.. Geez, I wonder how...

while Scott Frost is our Head Coach, it’s his offense we will run. Plain and simple. And the Ducks with Mark Helfrich and Scott Frost had Top 22 rushing team in 2014 and a Top 3 rushing team in 2012...I think they will do just fine running the ball.

while Scott Frost is our Head Coach, it’s his offense we will run. Plain and simple. And the Ducks with Mark Helfrich and Scott Frost had Top 22 rushing team in 2014 and a Top 3 rushing team in 2012...I think they will do just fine.
aren't you tired of sucking yet? I mean how many more years must Nebraska suck on the field before it returns to what made it successful?

I don't really care about Oregon football. That team has never won a National Championship, and neither has Chip's offense.

Why concern yourself so much with ranking top 22 in rushing? you don't get a championship for that you know.. it's like so many guys on here pull a stat out of their backside and defend it like the stat was the score board. The score is the only thing that matters if you want to win a championship.

See, this is a problem... 'trying to be like so and so'..

Everybody out there is trying to copy some body else, and you know what? it never works like that.

Every time the team tries to take on some new identity, it has been problematic.

Maybe just be Nebraska for a change. Be your original self instead of trying to be this or that or whatever the new fangled thing is.. there is a reason copy cats are never truly successful.

Last edited:
aren't you tired of sucking yet? I mean how many more years must Nebraska suck on the field before it returns to what made it successful?

I don't really care about Oregon football. That team has never won a National Championship, and neither has Chip's offense.

Why concern yourself so much with ranking top 22 in rushing? you don't get a championship for that you know.. it's like so many guys on here pull a stat out of their backside and defend it like the stat was the score board. The score is the only thing that matters if you want to win a championship.

See, this is a problem... 'trying to be like so and so'..

Everybody out there is trying to copy some body else, and you know what? it never works like that.

Every time the team tries to take on some new identity, it has been problematic.

Maybe just be Nebraska for a change. Be your original self instead of trying to be this or that or whatever the new fangled thing is.. there is a reason copy cats are never truly successful.

you’re assuming nothing will ever change and Frost will never get things going. And I fully back Frost and this rebuild and I know he will get things rolling. You and I will just never agree on this subject till we both see the end result. Nothing more and nothing less to it.

Oregon finished in the top 5 total offense from 2010 through 2015.
Oregon finished in the top ten in rushing from 2010 through 2015.
Oregon outrushed Nebraska each of those years
These are total yards rushing.

Reactions: leodisflowers
I don’t get ur major concerns with chinander. He has not been given an opportunity to show what he can do. Personnel just wasn’t there. Majority of players were recruited to play in banker’s 4-3. Do u honestly think Jim Leonard, Dave Aranda, Brett venrables, bob diaco, or any other big time coordinator would have that much more success. Give it time. May crash and burn but in my opinion verdict still out

you’re assuming nothing will ever change and Frost will never get things going. And I fully back Frost and this rebuild and I know he will get things rolling. You and I will just never agree on this subject till we both see the end result. Nothing more and nothing less to it.
oh I think things will change, just not sure if it really moves the overall needle that much.. we seem to be replacing a couple of coaches this year, maybe it gets better in one way, but some other issue rears it's head. To be honest, with all the discipline problems going on.. well he seemed to do okay at a lower level school, but so far, he appears to be in over his head to me. It would be good for that to change sooner than later, but we haven't been given any evidence yet to support that.

Frost isnt trying to be someone else. He's running the offense that he was prolific with at oregon, that got him hired at UCF, that he went undefeated with at UCF, and that got him hired at Nebraska. Why anyone would want him to do anything different is beyond me.

Sure that’s what I said. Just keep bitching and yelling, that’s the answer. Makes perfect sense to ignore the player attrition and instability in our system and say nonsense like this.
How was I bitching? I was just saying we need time - something you have suggested many times. Do you think 3-5 more years is still rushing it?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT