ADVERTISEMENT

Word is out on the street that Troy Walters

Question:
Playing iowa, who looked better against them, us or usc?

USC first half till they lost their starting QB
NU the second half.. Had a chance to win it and let it slip through our fingers with AM going out of bounds and afraid of him throwing down the seams with the last possession.

USC first half till they lost their starting QB
NU the second half.. Had a chance to win it and let it slip through our fingers with AM going out of bounds and afraid of him throwing down the seams with the last possession.
Great assessment, mostly agree. I could use the argument, all teams go through this, but I won't.
But it does illustrate what many are saying, jimmys n joes make a difference, and, we are closer to 8 wins than to 4 like last year.
Look at the Big, how they played against other teams, now, make exceptions like wiscy and oregon? Let wiscy turn the ball over like that against us, see if we too might squeak out a win?
That was thePacs best team too.
Now, the AAC isnt the Big crowd can look no further than the memphis game against psu, a team that beat iowa this year,psu.
We are closer than some think is all I and others are saying, and I believe SF when he says, its like a switch getting flipped.
If at any point people mistake this as us being world beaters, it isn't, just trying to get a handle on where we're at, no b1tching about this or that, just trying to see how far we are as a team in becoming that level we all want to see, how close this team is in establishing its identity.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
That purdue game had me frustrated.
We kept waiting for the team to turn the corner, then couldnt miss shooting our feet.
Watching the last two games is more in line of what we're becoming imo.

Stomping Maryland,a team we should stomp, and going toe to toe with a good iowa team.
I think the two sreps back is mostly gone, stubbing our toes may still happen, but it's time the team to apply
whats its capable of.

Lee subbed Mo out in nickel packages starting in the Indiana game and continued to do so the balance of the year.

It, like our base defense, did not slow anyone down on 3rd and long.

The defense on 3rd & longs were wayyyyyy better than the previous year where we gave them up all year long.

The defense on 3rd & longs were wayyyyyy better than the previous year where we gave them up all year long.
Last three games, not sure of distance, we held them to 33% on third downs.
Last year, last three games, closer to 50%, or, much better this year.
Year to year overall, this year 40%,last year 43%.
While we didnt get better year one at the end of the season, we got alot better this year.

This has got to be the stupidest comment I have ever seen
Don't get around much huh? I agree with @huskerssalts somewhat, yes Frost and staff made mistakes that probably directly resulted in a loss or 2 or more. There is zero denying what Frost walked into was a shit storm on epic levels. There is no denying he followed one of the worst coaches in Nebraska history. There is no denying that the rebuild he is trying to accomplish hasn't been done here in 60+ years. Bottom line it is no small feat, and Im going to bet there are few coaches in the country who would have much more success than what Frost has had these last 2 years. Now I do think a handful of coaches would have had more success than Frost. I will almost guarantee none of them had 4 years or less of HC experience. We forget that Frost just finished his 4th year as an HC and 2nd in P5. Coaches have to gain experience and learn, yes even Saban struggled his first 4 or 5 years as a new coach.
Added, I see many comparing PJ to Frost. For 1 PJ inherited a much better situation than Frost. 2nd when looking at records.
PJ first 4 years as an HC
30-22
Frost first 4 years as HC
28-21
PJ first 2 years as p5 coach
12-13
Frost first 2 years as p5 coach
9-15
Now I do think there is little reason we shouldn't take a good jump year 3 as Fleck did at MN. Maybe not as good, but Frost should be able to get 8 wins.

Last edited:
husker2612, We knew what we were getting when we hired him..He only had 2 years but the unbeaten season made him seem more Invincible...

I surely thought he wasn’t ready to be a head coach before SE hired Riley quit yet,
he and his staff haven’t proved anything yet in Lincoln but we at least know now that he turned it around at UCF which had more talent there than what he walked into here..

Reactions: husker2612
Don't get around much huh? I agree with @huskerssalts somewhat, yes Frost and staff made mistakes that probably directly resulted in a loss or 2 or more. There is zero denying what Frost walked into was a shit storm on epic levels. There is no denying he followed one of the worst coaches in Nebraska history. There is no denying that the rebuild he is trying to accomplish hasn't been done here in 60+ years. Bottom line it is no small feat, and Im going to bet there are few coaches in the country who would have much more success than what Frost has had these last 2 years. Now I do think a handful of coaches would have had more success than Frost. I will almost guarantee none of them had 4 years or less of HC experience. We forget that Frost just finished his 4th year as an HC and 2nd in P5. Coaches have to gain experience and learn, yes even Saban struggled his first 4 or 5 years as a new coach.
Added, I see many comparing PJ to Frost. For 1 PJ inherited a much better situation than Frost. 2nd when looking at records.
30-22
28-21
12-13
9-15
Now I do think there is little reason we shouldn't take a good jump year 3 as Fleck did at MN. Maybe not as good, but Frost should be able to get 8 wins.
If we had minnys schedule they had this year, I think we match them, then beat them in head to head with our next years team.

husker2612, We know what we were getting when hired him..He only had 2 years but the unbeaten season made him seem more Invincible...

I surely thought he wasn’t ready to be a head coach before SE hired Riley quit yet,
he and his staff haven’t proved anything yet in Lincoln but we at least know now that he turned it around at UCF which had more talent there than what he walked into here..
I wouldn't just say more talent, but more talent that fits his systems. I think all the fullbacks we dumped, some of the LBs, a few of the rbs etc, could all contribute on other P5 teams, but they are square pegs at the best,and obsolete at the worst here.

Still terrible at end of game defense. Iowa went right down the field. Purdue went right down the field. Colorado went right down the field.
Really truly honestly believe that’s simply a matter of a soft, scared to fail mentality of players than it is coaching. Not being that far removed from college athletics, myself, when shit hits the fan like that in those games, and it’s time to make a stop, you can coach situations all you want, but if the kids you have on the field just don’t have that killer mentality to just shut the game down and they shit their pants during those situations, then it don’t matter. That’s what I feel has happened the last 2 years in clutch situations, just a soft on field mentality scared to make a mistake

Last three games, not sure of distance, we held them to 33% on third downs.
Last year, last three games, closer to 50%, or, much better this year.
Year to year overall, this year 40%,last year 43%.
While we didnt get better year one at the end of the season, we got alot better this year.

I'm surprised it was only a small percentage of improvement. I stand most humbly corrected!

30-22
28-21
12-13
9-15

year 3 should be much improved. We should/could hit 7-8 wins. My point to the Saban and Dabo comment was simply saying any Head Coach out there with our roster and talent would have struggled while trying to install a new systems. No one was turning our players in All Americans.

And the PJ Fleck comparison with Scott Frost is just wrong. Apples to Oranges comparison. PJ Fleck took over a solid team from Jerry Kill/Tracy Claeys. Those guys already had Minnesota aimed in the right direction. Scott Frost took over a complete train wreck and roster of talent that needed to be completely rebuilt and reloaded. Outside a few players(Stan, JD, L Jackson, D Daniels) there wasn’t many players on our team that would start for another BIG 10 team.

Last edited:
Who looked better against Ohio st. - Nebraska or Florida Atlantic?

who looked better against Minnesota - Nebraska or Georgia Southern?

am I playing this game correctly?
No, youre not, the end of the season.
Unless you want to prove we played better at the beginning?

you’re correct ... if you overlook that 1-5 record to finish the season.. man, we really had things rolling.

"that mean ol' coach frost promised we would be better and I b-b-b-b-BEWIEVED him!"
- @jlb321, right before posting the exact same thing for the million-and-first time

it's okay, little buddy. let it all out. show us where he hurt you.

"that mean ol' coach frost promised we would be better and I b-b-b-b-BEWIEVED him!"
- @jlb321, right before posting the exact same thing for the million-and-first time

yes ... definitely recycled ... caution .... you are coming unhinged again — I’ll disengage with the hopes you can regain some semblance of control and save yourself from another vacation

Agree. I can get on board with being critical but it is literally no stop like Frost f’ed down on his mom.

yes ... definitely recycled ... caution .... you are coming unhinged again — I’ll disengage with the hopes you can regain some semblance of control and save yourself from another vacation
how gracious. perhaps you're unable to come back from such a burial and choose to hide behind the high road?

fact of the matter is, everyone on here watches the same games. we stink and have been a horrendous disappointment under Frost.

you're the only one who doesn't seem able to deal with it.

you’re correct ... if you overlook that 1-5 record to finish the season.. man, we really had things rolling.

Who gives a $&it which team was better between this years team and last years team...

Both teams get participation ribbons...

Quit this stupid bickering over these two losing football teams..

Man I wish people would just drop it and knock it off. Yes coaching was an issue yes players were an issue yes player development was an issue yes players weren't strong enough or good enough see our lack of NFL drafts. Bitching about it isnt going to change it and by God if the ones bitching can do it better then go do otherwise knock it off.
Just my opinion

The numbers show they didn't get to the qb. The eyes show they couldn't cover period. Just look for 3 or 4 man sets against us. Look when we rushed, very rarely did they get in, look at all the times the thing you didn't address, but happened all too often, overrunning plays, that, all that, is not coaching.
Everyone of those things coaching could improve. It didn't look like our linebackers were well coached at all. I know they overran plays, I saw that too. If they were well coached they probably wouldn't do that as often.

I look at how bamas defense fell once they played Tua.
Their run pass ratio changed alot, removed protecting their defense because of their offenses great success, scoring quickly.
If its happening to bama, its happening here.
Our effectiveness on offense had been bad,even year one.
Our scoring vs yards or even yds per play stunk.
But, when we were on, even seen this year, we were on, quick scores.

So, we wont be better than low twenties, hgh teens in pts given up, and the D did make nice strides this year vs last.
We need to increase our efficiency, we also need that Husker power added in. We do that,we'll start winning more, our D gets down to only giving up low twenties?
Indy here we come.
Their coaching staff being a revolving door is probably having some effect on their defense. A few years ago when they had Pruitt their defense was nasty. And they were already well on their way to transitioning their offense by that time. I don't think giving up low 20's should be the goal. That's average in the Big 10.

Oh, by all means engage,engage

ADVERTISEMENT