ADVERTISEMENT

Word is out on the street that Troy Walters

If true I hope Frost uses at least one of the two openings to bring in an experienced Power 5 coordinator level coach. Or hire an “analyst” at that level. I realize it is much easier to totally blame Riley recruits for a 9-15 record, but that seems a bit like partial blindness.

Reactions: GammaxuvirHusker
If true I hope Frost uses at least one of the two openings to bring in an experienced Power 5 coordinator level coach. Or hire an “analyst” at that level. I realize it is much easier to totally blame Riley recruits for a 9-15 record, but that seems a bit like partial blindness.
I think Frost realized after last years collapse that MR and the players aren't all to blame. Think that is why we are seeing staff departures.

And ignoring roster issues seems like complete blindness.

Clearly the drones took him
dyUPHFm.gif

Except their playing in the B1G not the Pac 12...

Frost is smart enough to know by now that he has to run the ball effectively in this conference compare to the PAC 12..

He apparently is smart enough and he is running the ball...we are the 3rd ranked rushing team in the BIG 10 this year only behind OSU and Wisconsin.

did anyone watch the bears offense last year? they stunk out loud. helfrich was also canned after a 4-8 season at oregon.

if this is true, color me confused
Interesting first post. Maybe I can clear up the confusion by reminding you that Helfrich was also the Head Coach at Oregon when they played for a National Championship, was the OC at Oregon when they played for another National Championship and was part of some of the most prolific offenses in CFB history.

Last edited:
So there are currently two mysteries:

1) Helfrich is coming
2) Walters is OUT.
Helfrich hasn't coached WR. He has experience as a QB and RB coach, in addition to OC and HC. Not sure how the assistant coaching positions would be juggled if Helfrich were hired as an OC. Beckton coached WRs at UCF, including Brandon Marshall.

Reactions: headcard
Running the ball is one thing running more than swing sideline plays all game is another...
Sorry, but if he ran swing sideline plays all game those would be passing yards. And yet, we were 3rd in rushing in conference.

I didn’t like the swing passes either, for what it’s worth. But we did run the ball well at times this year...

Interesting first post. Maybe I can clear up the confusion by reminding you that Helfrich was also the Head Coach at Oregon when they played for a national championship, was the OC at Oregon when they played for another National Championship and was part of some of the most prolific offenses in CFB history.
Unfortunately for Helfrich Oregon's recruiting dropped off after Frost left. Coincidence? Ummm no. Helfrich as an OC or offensive analyst would be just fine IMO. We all know who the OC is for this team and its Frost.

Only thing is Helfrich has always been a QB Coach/OC. I think in an ideal world, he would like to have Helrich doing that and Matt Lubik coaching WR's.
Supposedly Lubick was going to be the OC if Walters ended up staying at UCF. So bringing him in, in some capacity makes some sense. Of all the coaching changes and potential coaching changes, Im a bit surprised, as bad as the D has been that Chins name hasn't been mentioned at least in rumors.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT