ADVERTISEMENT

Woods and Jackson release Top 5

headcard

Nebraska Legend
Feb 2, 2005
Since the other thread was hijacked, thought I would start a new one.

No Nebraska for either. Sucks, but better to know now, I guess.

aTm, ASU, Florida and Miami do not surprise me. I don't get Mizzou making the cut, seems odd to me.

Don't think we were ever in this one.

Both have ASU, Miami and aTm. Could they end up at one of those together?

While we never seemed to be in it with Jackson, I think this makes getting Ernest Hausman critical. Pass rushing OLB is probably our biggest recruiting need and we have two in our state, can't lose both.

I don’t want to be that guy but I’ll come out and say it. Maybe these two are a bit overhyped, solely based that they missed their entire junior year (not their fault). I’d prefer to have a guy who has been playing and developing on the field. Also to Headcards point, glad it happened now rather than later. Maybe if we have a good season we can get back into the race.

Hard to not like the idea of ASU after the weather we’re had lately

Unless Frost can get this program turned around soon more and more recruits will be looking at the possibility to leave the state. You can’t blame them based on the product Nebraska is currently putting on the field.

200.gif

I don’t want to be that guy but I’ll come out and say it. Maybe these two are a bit overhyped, solely based that they missed their entire junior year (not their fault). I’d prefer to have a guy who has been playing and developing on the field. Also to Headcards point, glad it happened now rather than later. Maybe if we have a good season we can get back into the race.

how does this make sense when 4 top 10 teams are pursuing them?

Since the other thread was hijacked, thought I would start a new one.

No Nebraska for either. Sucks, but better to know now, I guess.

aTm, ASU, Florida and Miami do not surprise me. I don't get Mizzou making the cut, seems odd to me.

Don't think we were ever in this one.

Both have ASU, Miami and aTm. Could they end up at one of those together?

no BIG 10 and no Big 12 teams on that list. Like I said yesterday, I’m fairly confident they wanted out of the BIG 10 area.

edited: ok Jackson has OU on his but I got a feeling he won’t end up there. But I have been wrong before.

Last edited:
While we never seemed to be in it with Jackson, I think this makes getting Ernest Hausman critical. Pass rushing OLB is probably our biggest recruiting need and we have two in our state, can't lose both.
how many pass rushing LBs are already on the roster? they've been signing pass rushing LBs for 3 years. Its not critical. Hausman wouldn't even play for at least 3 years.
ONe of Frosts recruiting pitches to out of state recruits is that they SHOULD go out fo state to college because it challenges you more and you grow more as a result. Ty robinson specifically said that was one reason he picked NEB. So by Frosts own philosophy these local kids SHOULD go out of state.

no BIG 10 and no Big 12 teams on that list. Like I said yesterday, I’m fairly confident they wanted out of the Midwest area.

edited: ok Jackson has OU on his but I got a feeling he won’t end up there. But I have been wrong before.
I would consider Notre Dame to be in the Midwest area.

Reactions: Tuco Salamanca
no BIG 10 and no Big 12 teams on that list. Like I said yesterday, I’m fairly confident they wanted out of the Midwest area.

I didn't realize Missouri was in the East....I thought that was Midwest too. Smh

how many pass rushing LBs are already on the roster? they've been signing pass rushing LBs for 3 years. Its not critical. Hausman wouldn't even play for at least 3 years.
ONe of Frosts recruiting pitches to out of state recruits is that they SHOULD go out fo state to college because it challenges you more and you grow more as a result. Ty robinson specifically said that was one reason he picked NEB. So by Frosts own philosophy these local kids SHOULD go out of state.

Dude how old are you....12 years old??!

Reactions: headcard
I would consider Notre Dame to be in the Midwest area.

fair enough, I was making the point that all BIG 10 teams and pretty much all the Big 12 teams (minus OU, for now anyways) have been eliminated regardless of success or lack there of. Notre Dame is technically in our area, for say, but they’re not in the BIG or Big 12. That’s my main Point

I didn't realize Missouri was in the East....I thought that was Midwest too. Smh

lol, nitpicking I see. I think we got the point with the Notre Dame mention. Moving on....

And being fair, Missouri is only in Woods top 5, not Jackson’s. SMH Just saying 🤷🏽

Last edited:
fair enough, I was making the point that all BIG 10 teams and pretty much all the Big 12 teams (minus OU, for now anyways) have been eliminated regardless of success or lack there of. Notre Dame is technically in our area and Missouri, for say, but they’re not in the BIG or Big 12. That’s my main point.
I didn't mention Missouri because they are more hillbilly than Midwest.

I didn't mention Missouri because they are more hillbilly than Midwest.

yeah, I kind of missed a couple of those teams when I said “Out of the Midwest” comment (through me off when one had Missouri and the other had Notre Dame).

And looks like D. Jackson just got a CB to Notre Dame already. Oh well, I never thought we’d get him anyways. He’s always seemed to be anti-Husker.

Last edited:

Just stop. Robinson came here because he is from Nebraska originally and is a die hard fan. We do not have proven pass rushers and need multiple pass rushers in this class. Again we have 85 scholarships, like every other team in college football. We want depth and competition.

Reactions: Husker_AMG63
Jackson just got a crystal ball to ND.
You seen that too. I’m assuming you didn’t read my post above yours saying that “And looks like D. Jackson just got a CB to Notre Dame already. Oh well, I never thought we’d get him anyways. He’s always seemed to be anti-Husker.” All’s good either way 🤣

Reactions: headcard
You seen that too. I’m assuming you didn’t read my post above yours saying that “And looks like D. Jackson just got a CB to Notre Dame already. Oh well, I never thought we’d get him anyways. He’s always seemed to be anti-Husker.” All’s good either way 🤣

Guess I missed it, sorry. He can play with Watts and we can move on.

Reactions: saltsdogg
Scott Frost seems relatable western Nebraska kids or small town. Inner city is a different story.
We lost 2 of the better in-state prospects in recent memory. However look at the bright side. Scott just offered a 15 year old from Pierce, NE. Things are looking up.

• Haha
Reactions: Husker_AMG63
We lost 2 of the better in-state prospects in recent memory. However look at the bright side. Scott just offered a 15 year old from Pierce, NE. Things are looking up.

Neither were ranked anywhere near as high as Teddy P or Betts, but sure two of the best prospects in recent memory. In fact, neither are ranked as high as Nick Heinrich was either.

Something tells me you would have a different view of them, if they had actually committed to Nebraska.

Neither were ranked anywhere near as high as Teddy P or Betts, but sure two of the best prospects in recent memory. In fact, neither are ranked as high as Nick Heinrich was either.

Something tells me you would have a different view of them, if they had actually committed to Nebraska.
Ranked by who? Rivals? Watch film and then tell us it doesn’t hurt.

Reactions: Chuck003

The national composite rankings has Woods (101) higher than all three of them. Teddy (242), Nick (146), and Betts (112). Jackson (137) higher than all but Betts. It all depends on who you go by. Something tells me YOU would have a different view of them had they actually committed. We probably lost 2 very good players in our own back yard. Maybe you are right. Ernest Hausmann, who is nowhere near Jacksons talent level (at least on tape), might save the day with a commit.

Last edited:
Did Notre Dame hire some new assistants recently or just getting some recruiting buzz with the recent playoff berth? they are getting a lot of crystal ball picks with a lot of good recruits .and yes i know they always recruit very well. but i haven't seen this many kids from the central part of the country all running there this quickly

Did Notre Dame hire some new assistants recently or just getting some recruiting buzz with the recent playoff berth? they are getting a lot of crystal ball picks with a lot of good recruits .and yes i know they always recruit very well. but i haven't seen this many kids from the central part of the country all running there this quickly

if it’s Tom Loy you can take those picks with a grain of salt. But ND typically recruits the Midwest pretty well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT