Women’s b-ball...

Discussion in 'Husker Board' started by cdriftt24, Mar 25, 2020.

1. cdriftt24

cdriftt24 Redshirt Freshman
    Expand Collapse

Why are their contributors leaving the program? Saw Veerbeek left and went NAIA at Dordt? She started 29 of the 30 games this year?

2. dinglefritz

dinglefritz College Football Hall of Fame
    Expand Collapse

D-1 women's bball is a terrible grind. If you had ever been to the Dordt campus you might have an idea of why a girl would want to attend there. She's probably realized there's more to life than basketball and want's to adjust her priorities. JMHO. The level of commitment required to play at Dordt is WAY different than in the B1G. I will never blame a young person for wanting to take a step back and go down a different path.

kikdakan likes this.
  3. cdriftt24

cdriftt24 Redshirt Freshman
    Expand Collapse

Me either, I was just curious as to why the two girls have left the program. My sister actually lived right next to Dordt for several years so I know all about it. I’m just curious if it’s a coach thing? A system thing? Are players unhappy with something? Just curious I guess....

4. dinglefritz

Expand Collapse

I haven't heard a word about any unhappiness with Williams. Everything I've heard has been very positive but that losing stretch was tough and this virus has got most people re-examining their priorities.

cdriftt24, tpmcg and kikdakan like this.
  5. nwualum

nwualum Sophomore
    Expand Collapse

Veerbeek was one of our best players. This will hurt very badly. Maybe they’ll get a transfer or two coming in as well.

6. PvilleHuskerTim

PvilleHuskerTim Walk On
    Expand Collapse

Time to think outside the box with all of this craziness going on. Maybe Dachon Burke and Jervay Green can transfer to the women's team? They weren't keepers for the men's team, but could get us our first Final 4 on the women's side.

nwualum likes this.
  7. baseball31ne

baseball31ne Recruiting Coordinator
    Expand Collapse

Maybe they like Nebraska enough to “Identify” to stay in the hoops program just in the other locker room. ‍♂️

PvilleHuskerTim likes this.
  8. spartanhusker

spartanhusker Nebraska Football Hall of Fame
    Expand Collapse

These are odd times....

9. dinglefritz

Expand Collapse

Remember Brittney Greiner's adam's apple? Not sure she is really a she. Lots of testosterone floating around in that player.Winking

baseball31ne likes this.
  10. huskernaut

huskernaut Blackshirt
    Expand Collapse

They both said they want to play closer to family. I imagine this coronavirus may have played a part in these decisions. Going to much smaller colleges, and playing in smaller arenas in front of fewer people doesnt seem to be a concern. If you went to a women's husker game, you'll see they received premium treatment.

dinglefritz likes this.