ADVERTISEMENT

Women’s b-ball...

cdriftt24

Redshirt Freshman
Dec 29, 2012
Why are their contributors leaving the program? Saw Veerbeek left and went NAIA at Dordt? She started 29 of the 30 games this year?

Why are their contributors leaving the program? Saw Veerbeek left and went NAIA at Dordt? She started 29 of the 30 games this year?
D-1 women's bball is a terrible grind. If you had ever been to the Dordt campus you might have an idea of why a girl would want to attend there. She's probably realized there's more to life than basketball and want's to adjust her priorities. JMHO. The level of commitment required to play at Dordt is WAY different than in the B1G. I will never blame a young person for wanting to take a step back and go down a different path.

Reactions: kikdakan
D-1 women's bball is a terrible grind. If you had ever been to the Dordt campus you might have an idea of why a girl would want to attend there. She's probably realized there's more to life than basketball and want's to adjust her priorities. JMHO. The level of commitment required to play at Dordt is WAY different than in the B1G. I will never blame a young person for wanting to take a step back and go down a different path.
Me either, I was just curious as to why the two girls have left the program. My sister actually lived right next to Dordt for several years so I know all about it. I’m just curious if it’s a coach thing? A system thing? Are players unhappy with something? Just curious I guess....

Me either, I was just curious as to why the two girls have left the program. My sister actually lived right next to Dordt for several years so I know all about it. I’m just curious if it’s a coach thing? A system thing? Are players unhappy with something? Just curious I guess....
I haven't heard a word about any unhappiness with Williams. Everything I've heard has been very positive but that losing stretch was tough and this virus has got most people re-examining their priorities.

Veerbeek was one of our best players. This will hurt very badly. Maybe they’ll get a transfer or two coming in as well.

Veerbeek was one of our best players. This will hurt very badly. Maybe they’ll get a transfer or two coming in as well.

Time to think outside the box with all of this craziness going on. Maybe Dachon Burke and Jervay Green can transfer to the women's team? They weren't keepers for the men's team, but could get us our first Final 4 on the women's side.

Reactions: nwualum
Time to think outside the box with all of this craziness going on. Maybe Dachon Burke and Jervay Green can transfer to the women's team? They weren't keepers for the men's team, but could get us our first Final 4 on the women's side.

Maybe they like Nebraska enough to “Identify” to stay in the hoops program just in the other locker room. ‍♂️

Reactions: PvilleHuskerTim
They both said they want to play closer to family. I imagine this coronavirus may have played a part in these decisions. Going to much smaller colleges, and playing in smaller arenas in front of fewer people doesnt seem to be a concern. If you went to a women's husker game, you'll see they received premium treatment.

Reactions: dinglefritz
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT