WN Ranchers under attack by Big City Elites

Trike Rider

Blackshirt
Gold Member
Jan 6, 2009
Sounds more like, “Community Comes Together to Protect Water Resources From Selfish Pig.”
I wouldn't call him a selfish pig. The guys land and roads were flooded for months on end affecting his ability to make a living. I am assuming he contacted the county to get help with the situation as they control the disaster relief funds following the 2019 flood. Obviously Cherry county has very little experience working with the EPA and they both made a major mistake.

If you have driven in the sandhills post 2019 flood you would know flooding is a major issue that lasted over a year in some places.

Reactions: Bobfather

Power_I_82

Walk On
Gold Member
Jan 15, 2019
Water was a major issue until late last summer around here. I am assuming when he let that water go it made a way bigger mess than he was envisioning in his head. I heard about this when it happened. Wasn't aware the EPA got involved though.

WesternNebraskan

College Football Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Jan 31, 2004
W. Nebraska
Water was a major issue until late last summer around here. I am assuming when he let that water go it made a way bigger mess than he was envisioning in his head. I heard about this when it happened. Wasn't aware the EPA got involved though.
Should have been handled by local authorities. What is the EPA doing showing up. Take your charades back to DC.

Cornicator

Nebraska Legend
Gold Member
Feb 27, 2009
Meadville
I wouldn't call him a selfish pig. The guys land and roads were flooded for months on end affecting his ability to make a living. I am assuming he contacted the county to get help with the situation as they control the disaster relief funds following the 2019 flood. Obviously Cherry county has very little experience working with the EPA and they both made a major mistake.

If you have driven in the sandhills post 2019 flood you would know flooding is a major issue that lasted over a year in some places.

Should have been handled by local authorities. What is the EPA doing showing up. Take your charades back to DC.

I feel like someone local got really pissed off at the dude and tipped off the EPA. The Snake River Canyon, near the Sheridan County/Cherry County line is one of the most remote places in the country, Not just Nebraska. I highly doubt the EPA was just showing up to inspect the area.

WesternNebraskan

Gold Member
Jan 31, 2004
W. Nebraska
I feel like someone local got really pissed off at the dude and tipped off the EPA. The Snake River Canyon, near the Sheridan County/Cherry County line is one of the most remote places in the country, Not just Nebraska. I highly doubt the EPA was just showing up to inspect the area.
MFing drones.

Reactions: TwinsRRUs

Power_I_82

Walk On
Gold Member
Jan 15, 2019
Probably right. I'd assume this was a pissed off neighbor downstream. Probably washed out fences and culverts all the way down. I live 70 miles away and heard about it a few days after it happened so it wasn't like it was some little secret. There were several instances of guys wanting/needing to get water off of them and sending it on for the neighbor to deal with. It was a frickin mess up here. Oddly enough, we are about a week with no rain from the whole country starting on fire right now.

Reactions: Cornicator

WesternNebraskan

Gold Member
Jan 31, 2004
W. Nebraska
Probably right. I'd assume this was a pissed off neighbor downstream. Probably washed out fences and culverts all the way down. I live 70 miles away and heard about it a few days after it happened so it wasn't like it was some little secret. There were several instances of guys wanting/needing to get water off of them and sending it on for the neighbor to deal with. It was a frickin mess up here. Oddly enough, we are about a week with no rain from the whole country starting on fire right now.
Probably Ted Turner tipped them off to bankrupt the rancher and take his land.

nelsonj22

Nebraska Football Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Sep 27, 2014
Selfish is as selfish does.
Meh out here in SW iowa they through all there junk in the ditches out in pastures.

Probably a couple 1000 tons of scap iron just in a 5 mile radius of my place alone.

nelsonj22

Nebraska Football Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Sep 27, 2014

So this gives you an ok to do whatever you want to 🤦‍♂️