ADVERTISEMENT

With Tesla stock down

With the high level competition coming into that sector from FSR, CCIV, (lucid), Nikola...ect... I'd look elsewhere. When Tesla isn't making money from offsets and there is real competition, let's see if the stock gets valued more accurately this year. As for batteries, look into graphite mines, as well as other manufacturers. Tesla isn't selling their batteries elsewhere as far as I know....yet. long story short, there are better plays in all sectors involved because of tealas over inflated entry price. If it was still under 400 maybe but even that seemed high for me. I loved the stock and made a killing but I moved on from tesla in early December and haven't regretted once.

I was considering buying because of the batteries. I'll wait. It will get cheaper. And Rivian. This happens. How long to wait before buying?

https://www.foxbusiness.com/technology/spacex-starship-prototype-explodes-after-soft-landing
There will be a massive semiconductor shortage throughout 2021 impacting all automakers.

There's an interesting company funded by Bill Gates that creates electric motors which are far more efficient than anything on the market today. They rely on software for these gains and do not require rare Earth minerals or any magnetics. That will be worth watching.

From TechCrunch: Turntide is commercializing technology that was developed initially at the Illinois Institute of Technology.

Turntide’s basic innovation is a software-controlled motor, or switch reluctance motor, that uses precise pulses of energy instead of a constant flow of electricity. “In a conventional motor you are continuously driving current into the motor whatever speed you want to run it at,” Morris said. “We’re pulsing in precise amounts of current just at the times when you need the torque… It’s software-defined hardware.

From TechCrunch: Turntide is commercializing technology that was developed initially at the Illinois Institute of Technology.

Turntide’s basic innovation is a software-controlled motor, or switch reluctance motor, that uses precise pulses of energy instead of a constant flow of electricity. “In a conventional motor you are continuously driving current into the motor whatever speed you want to run it at,” Morris said. “We’re pulsing in precise amounts of current just at the times when you need the torque… It’s software-defined hardware.

Wow!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT