Jun 17, 2001
Minnesota is Favored by 3.
Michigan is 17 favorite over Illini
Oregon is 3 favs over Utah
USC is 2.5 over the Bruins
Ole Miss is 2.5 favs over Arkansas

Last edited:
+12 vs Wisconsin

Preseason I didn't think we'd stand a chance vs the Badgers. If CT is good to go it wouldn't shock me if we give them a game.

I will def be taking +17

I really hope Minnesota can beat Iowa for once so they shut the hell up.
Illinois looked pretty bad against Purdue yesterday, but they should be able to hold up against UM’s run game better than most.

As for Minnesota and Iowa, sucks they can’t both lose. Just insufferable fans.
I can see how you would feel that way about fan bases of teams you are 0-11 against.

Maybe start winning? FFS, you've had a decade in the conference. I guess I'd get tired of being a punchline.
genuine, honest question (also, welcome back! so good to see you emboldened once more by the prospect of an average season nobody notices!):

please don't deflect - your small output brain is incapable of producing anything original

what's iowa's best win of the 2000s?

genuine, honest question (also, welcome back! so good to see you emboldened once more by the prospect of an average season nobody notices!):

please don't deflect - your small output brain is incapable of producing anything original

tenor.gif

Lol…..a fan of a team that hasn’t been nationally relevant in over 60 years talking crap is so iowa….think about it, iowa has one outright title since 1960 in 1985 and did not finish in the top 5 that season. iowa has split several bigten titles since 1985 and still no top 5 finishes. The only iowa fans that witnessed and remember iowa’s last top 5 finish are a minimum of 70 years old today. What an ignorant fan base. We just can’t relate to them nor should we try to…

Illinois looked pretty bad against Purdue yesterday, but they should be able to hold up against UM’s run game better than most.

As for Minnesota and Iowa, sucks they can’t both lose. Just insufferable fans.
Pot meet kettle, Most sincerely the unicorn of the board (life long Cornhusker- lives in.m NE: UI alum).

Here’s to Bucky and Goldy having tough days tomorrow

Pot meet kettle, Most sincerely the unicorn of the board (life long Cornhusker- lives in.m NE: UI alum).

Here’s to Bucky and Goldy having tough days tomorrow

Not sure what you are trying to get at with the pot meet kettle remark. Those two fanbases are absolutely the worst. Constantly living on this board, shit-talking, and attention-seeking, typical never has been behavior. A complete 180 from Nebraska and it's fans.

Dont think Casey makes it through the game. Too many 3 n outs, D gets worn down, we lose by 14 - 17

As the resident unicorn(Neb and IA fan)

Undoubtedly 55-24 over Urban Meyer’s OSU juggernaut. Then probably Sabans LSU team that was the defending NC. Maybe vs #2 Michigan. Everything else pales. However, Iowa’s record vs other B1G teams in the 2000s

11-6 vs penn state
7-8 vs Mich
8-7 vs MSU
9-11 vs Wis
17-5 vs Minnesota
8-4 vs Nebraska

All those would be considered quite respectable for the unbiased . The Husker side of my brain would take any and all of that

Not sure what you are trying to get at with the pot meet kettle remark. Those two fanbases are absolutely the worst. Constantly living on this board, shit-talking, and attention-seeking, typical never has been behavior. A complete 180 from Nebraska and it's fans.
I’m really unbiased, but the Huskers fan base ranks pretty high on the insufferable meter outside of our Husker echo chamber- that’s what I meant

Dont think Casey makes it through the game. Too many 3 n outs, D gets worn down, we lose by 14 - 17
I too am worried about that. He’s going to take a beating. If he can stay clean, Nebraska has a shot. Wisky missed a day of practice due to the Virginia tragedy(former badger was one of the victims) and they were emotionally crushed in IC last weekend

I’m really unbiased, but the Huskers fan base ranks pretty high on the insufferable meter outside of our Husker echo chamber- that’s what I meant
Your whole post is biased BS. iowa fans would be better off understanding that no other fan base views iowa football like iowa fans view iowa football. Your team hasn’t finished 5 or higher since 1960. Your team is embroiled in a credible lawsuit alleging rampant racism in the iowa football program. Last, but not least, we husker fans cannot relate to you iowa fans. The nebraska program has fallen from the highest mountain top while iowa is still trying to reach the top of the Loess hills….

As the resident unicorn(Neb and IA fan)

Undoubtedly 55-24 over Urban Meyer’s OSU juggernaut. Then probably Sabans LSU team that was the defending NC. Maybe vs #2 Michigan. Everything else pales. However, Iowa’s record vs other B1G teams in the 2000s

11-6 vs penn state
7-8 vs Mich
8-7 vs MSU
9-11 vs Wis
17-5 vs Minnesota
8-4 vs Nebraska

All those would be considered quite respectable for the unbiased . The Husker side of my brain would take any and all of that
I find amazing is you Herky’s have only played Ohio St 10 times since 2000 (What a gift the conference has given you) and in these past 22 years Herkys are 2-8….

I find amazing is you Herky’s have only played Ohio St 10 times since 2000 (What a gift the conference has given you) and in these past 22 years Herkys are 2-8….
Me too. It sucks. Believe it or not, most want to play them and it’s been the worst part of expansion. Before it, several clunkers, but many exhilarating contest. OSU and Mich weeks were among those that got the town hopping

Last edited:
News to me. I have always believed Nebraska fans are very well respected nationwide, outside of the obsessed Iowegians and PJ Fleck cult, of course.
Respected for loyalty and insufferable are different things. :) We all have warts… both of the fan bases I hang with certainly do, but don’t see them . Again, I know I’m an odd one with split allegiances…it was much easier internally before my teams played each other every year, but I think it offers a different perspective on the - my dad is better than your dad shenanigans

Respected for loyalty and insufferable are different things. :) We all have warts… both of the fan bases I hang with certainly do, but don’t see them . Again, I know I’m an odd one with split allegiances…it was much easier internally before my teams played each other every year, but I think it offers a different perspective on the - my dad is better than your dad shenanigans

Judging fanbases from message board posting truly isn’t an accurate way to judge. For me personally I have had very good interaction with fans from other schools, You can always run into assholes (hello Madison) but by and large most people are really good people. I have said this before but as an Iowa fan that has attended a few games in Lincoln I have enjoyed every visit and have always enjoyed talking with Husker fans.
On message boards it’s always funny reading fanbases putting down the neighboring state, Yet the reality is in the Midwest the states have far more in common than they may care to admit.

Reactions: SkerInCo
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT