ADVERTISEMENT

Wisconsin will never win a national title

uberism1111

Redshirt Freshman
Sep 28, 2019
and you saw why today. And people want to be them. SMH. Stupid. It's boring ass football with tons of limitations that weak teams can't man up against. Strong teams pound their ass. IL beat WI at the LOS on both sides all game long. NW did too and should have beaten WI. WI struggled againt MSU run D too.

OSU will destroy those cocky wannabes.

and you saw why today. And people want to be them. SMH. Stupid. It's boring ass football with tons of limitations that weak teams can't man up against. Strong teams pound their ass. IL beat WI at the LOS on both sides all game long. NW did too and should have beaten WI. WI struggled againt MSU run D too.

Couldn’t agree more! I’m OK if Wisconsin never has and never will win a National Title. Their head coach past/present are D-Bags and their fanbase is rotten. I hope they lose by 50 to the Buckeyes!

Not disputing but man, what a bold statement coming in here after they lose and hitting us with this. BOLD. Now that they've lost, lets reverse 180 and pile on. I mean, its not but a few days ago everyone was saying something diff. BOLD.

Not disputing but man, what a bold statement coming in here after they lose and hitting us with this. BOLD. Now that they've lost, lets reverse 180 and pile on. I mean, its not but a few days ago everyone was saying something diff. BOLD.
I’m not sure who was saying they wanted to be Wisconsin?? Certainly not me. In fact, You may be hard pressed to find anyone on this board who dislikes The Wisconsin Cheeseheads more than me. FU Wisconsin! Love seeing them lose!

Same with Io_a I seen many using Wisc and them as examples of where we want to be. haha not Wisc does great with the talent they can get no doubt. If we can use their model and get more talent I think we can have success. However they will never be a great or top program we don't want to be wisc. Iowa is the definition of average program. We want nothing similar to Io_a

Reactions: Frozone
They've come a hell of a lot closer to winning a title than we have over the last 18 years.

Unless our recruiting improves drastically, we won't be competing for a national title anytime soon either.

Wisconsin has never had a Top 25 recruiting class, yet are almost always ranked in the Top 25, sometimes Top 10. Their recruiting classes are usually ranked around 35-40 nationally. That means they over-achieve relative to their talent.

Last edited:
UW is going to put a hurting on NU but they are a big fish in the small pond of the B1G west which let's face it, is a weak division.

They make a lot out of a little but I will be interested to see how they fare against OSU.

Reactions: zrob
They've come a hell of a lot closer to winning a title than we have over the last 18 years.

Unless our recruiting improves drastically, we won't be competing for a national title anytime soon either.

Wisconsin has never had a Top 25 recruiting class, yet are almost always ranked in the Top 25, sometimes Top 10. Their recruiting classes are usually ranked around 35-40 nationally. That means they over-achieve relative to their talent.

Exactly. 100% correct. Sure wish we could do that. We have higher recruiting ranking than them always.....and just keep losing to them (always).

Reactions: Huskred01

I guess we'll see. I'm sure if Wisconsin wins, you won't be found anywhere after the game.

Umm.....Wisconsin beat MSU 38-0....ran for 222, and put up 402 total yards on Sparty.

Most teams would like to have that kind of "struggle".

Are you one of those guys that thinks Nebraska is the only team in the US whose play varies from week to week?

All that happened today was a down game against an Illinois team (coupled with a lousy play call and throw) that also gave Michigan a game. Wisconsin had over 100 yards more of offense than Illinois.....but lost 3 turnovers. Taylor still went for 132 at about 4.7 yards a pop. He averages 117 a game. Looks to me like Illinois didn't "handle" him.

Last edited:
Umm.....Wisconsin beat MSU 38-0....ran for 222, and put up 402 total yards on Sparty.

Are you one of those guys that thinks Nebraska is the only team in the US whose play varies from week to week?

All that happened today was a down game against an Illinois team (coupled with a lousy play call and throw) that also gave Michigan a game. Wisconsin had over 100 yards more of offense than Illinois.....but lost 3 turnovers. Taylor still went for 132 at about 4.7 yards a pop. He averages 117 a game. Looks to me like Illinois didn't "handle" him.

1. I love that it took you 12 minutes to come back and edit this insane post.
2. Second, how many touches did your boyfriend have on the last Wisconsin drive? Sounds like he was pretty handled if he was not getting the ball at the most important part.
3. Wisconsin didn't lose 3 turnovers. Illinois forced all 3, go watch the game.
4. You really think that teams would love to have a "struggle" game that results in a loss?

Let me ask you this and be honest. Did Wisconsin just suffer one of the biggest upset losses in Big Ten history, yes or no?

Wisky did not lose the game, Illinois won the game. Lovie was the better coach and Illinois was the better team.

Last edited:

RollingLaugh

1. I love that it took you 12 minutes to come back and edit this insane post.
2. Second, how many touches did your boyfriend have on the last Wisconsin drive? Sounds like he was pretty handled if he was not getting the ball at the most important part.
3. Wisconsin didn't lose 3 turnovers. Illinois forced all 3, go watch the game.
4. You really think that teams would love to have a "struggle" game that results in a loss?

Let me ask you this and be honest. Did Wisconsin just suffer one of the biggest upset losses in Big Ten history, yes or no?

Wisky did not lose the game, Illinois won the game. Lovie was the better coach and Illinois was the better team.
He gone now!

Reactions: JohnRossEwing
Who wants to be like a team that can’t even beat Illinois? RollingLaugh

The people who root for a program that can’t even beat Colorado. The Illinois of the Pac 12.

I don’t care what offense we run as long as it works. I do wish we were as physical as Wisconsin. I’ve seen enough of our players playing patty cake under Riley and Frost.

Reactions: bshirt73

Wisc has done amazingly with the talent they are able to pull in, WAAAAAAY better than Iowa. The system they have in place is well oiled machine. If they were able to pull in top 10 classes they could easily compete for a NC. Currently there is no way, they just don't have the athletes to consistently compete with top schools and you see at least 1 game a year like we saw on Sat. A crappy team beats them up. Wisc is maxed out on what they can accomplish. I agree, long term goal is not to be Wisc, but they are better than we are right now and would be a great stepping stone to get to.

We need to establish our own identity. Instantly recognizable, unique and marketable in living rooms across the country.

Do not copy someone else's homework.

Last edited:
Reactions: bshirt73
The people who root for a program that can’t even beat Colorado. The Illinois of the Pac 12.

I don’t care what offense we run as long as it works. I do wish we were as physical as Wisconsin. I’ve seen enough of our players playing patty cake under Riley and Frost.

Well, you just saw how physical they really were...when they lost to Illinois...a team that was giving up 350 yards on the ground the last 3-4 games...

Well, you just saw how physical they really were...when they lost to Illinois...a team that was giving up 350 yards on the ground the last 3-4 games...

Only if you are looking at one game.

Of course, even that loss to Illinois looked like a dream after watching Nebraska vs Minnesota.

I’m sure we will have zero problems with Wisconsin since they lost to Illinois.

We need to establish our own identity. Instantly recognizable, unique and marketable in living rooms across the country.

Do not copy someone else's homework.

True enough sir. However, I can't help but hope (and pray) that our identity isn't going to be more of the Clownahan/Smiling Mike fluff-ball. But if it is.....oh well.

Reactions: otismotis08
Only if you are looking at one game.

Of course, even that loss to Illinois looked like a dream after watching Nebraska vs Minnesota.

I’m sure we will have zero problems with Wisconsin since they lost to Illinois.

So then why are you still brining it up? If you are sure NU will have zero problems with Wisconsin.

So then why are you still brining it up? If you are sure NU will have zero problems with Wisconsin.

Bringing what up? You responded to me in reference to Wisconsin’s physicality. Obviously I was being sarcastic in saying I’m sure Nebraska will have zero issues vs Wisconsin.

I will say I did not watch the game. But, one thing about their offense is that it does open up for games like this to happen. They eat so much clock that if they have a few turnovers or settle fg’s they are beatable.

I looked at the play by play and they punted I believe twice. And one was because they are backed up on their goal line. But, they turned over the ball 3 times. When you combine that with them wanting to control the TOS with 8 minute drives it opens up for some close games.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT