ADVERTISEMENT

Wisconsin-Western MI

Wisconsin is Nebraska II trying to be somebody that they are not. What's comical is last year they only started pulling away from teams when they committed to the run.

Uncle Barry must be lurking. I swear that Western Michigan QB scored a TD on that sneak but ‘they’ said he was just short. 4th Down and ‘they’ took an awful long time to rule a Western Michigan TD. That Uncle Barry is one sneaky fella!

Reactions: JOHNNY N
Uncle Barry must be lurking. I swear that Western Michigan QB scored a TD on that sneak but ‘they’ said he was just short. 4th Down and ‘they’ took an awful long time to rule a Western Michigan TD. That Uncle Barry is one sneaky fella!
I thought they got jobbed too, but the replay showed the WM QB's knee was clearly down before the ball broke the plane.

Reactions: JOHNNY N
Badgers just got gifted a first down when the RB was almost a full yard short. TV even had it at 3rd and 1 as they were running the next play.

Dumb
Feeling Dumb Jim Carrey GIF

Damn Wisconsin looks soft. Might want to change that mascot to a beaver.
Their defense is good, bowed up pretty well at times.

Their offense is average at best and Melusi and Pauling is all they have.

They also got extremely lucky several times in this game.

Bama is going to boat race them.
Anytime Wisconsin loses in any sport it’s a good thing. A very pompous and rude fan base. They are a mix of Big-12…Colorado drunk fanbase, K-State little brother that hasn’t won the Big Games, Texas thorn in our side, Missouri backwardness. Their teams play dirty. Same team colors as us makes me hate them even more!

I do not understand Wisc's logic in hiring a coach who loves the spread. This won't fly in cheese country. He'll be gone in 2 years. Every year the decline will be small but evident in the end result. I am glad he was hired at NU.
If that's Fickell's version of an air raid offense, Wisconsin is in trouble.

Reactions: Dylman
Uncle Barry would not have been a bad fit as athletic Director at Nebraska after Tom. But recommending Eichorst, Holy crap what treachery!

Wisconsin was the best when they had a QB who could throw
Their only 13-1 season was 17 with hornibrook and they were running for 230 yards a game while passing for 195 per game. They ran the ball 66.17 percent of the time. The season with Russel Wilson they lost 3 games, one of them to an unranked OSU who had a losing season. They ran the ball 64.7 percent of the time that season as well. They got a great qb and capitalized on his abilities, but still stayed true to themselves.

Reactions: kruller
Their only 13-1 season was 17 with hornibrook and they were running for 230 yards a game while passing for 195 per game. They ran the ball 66.17 percent of the time. The season with Russel Wilson they lost 3 games, one of them to an unranked OSU who had a losing season. They ran the ball 64.7 percent of the time that season as well. They got a great qb and capitalized on his abilities, but still stayed true to themselves.
2017 they didn't play jack shit.
2011 they beat PSU, MSU. They lost to Oregon in the bowl game, MSU on a hail mary and OSU.

2017 they didn't play jack shit.
2011 they beat PSU, MSU. They lost to Oregon in the bowl game, MSU on a hail mary and OSu
2017 they were #1 in SRS and #15 in SOS. They beat 3 ranked teams and lost by 6 to OSU in the conference title game.

2011 they were #9 in SRS. Impressive. But their SOS was ranked 53rd.

They were ranked higher in 17 and they had 2 less losses. By running. When they won conference titles and Rose Bowls they were running 75 percent of the time. Best finished ranking was 4 in 99. They ran 75 percent of the time.

Wisconsin was never going to win a national title. Switching to air raid from something that gave you the most success in program history in a region where you need to run the ball in a conference you need to run the ball to try to win a national title was foolishness and will leave them irrelevant in pretty quick order.

Reactions: TampaBaySkers
2017 they were #1 in SRS and #15 in SOS. They beat 3 ranked teams and lost by 6 to OSU in the conference title game.

2011 they were #9 in SRS. Impressive. But their SOS was ranked 53rd.

They were ranked higher in 17 and they had 2 less losses. By running. When they won conference titles and Rose Bowls they were running 75 percent of the time. Best finished ranking was 4 in 99. They ran 75 percent of the time.

Wisconsin was never going to win a national title. Switching to air raid from something that gave you the most success in program history in a region where you need to run the ball in a conference you need to run the ball to try to win a national title was foolishness and will leave them irrelevant in pretty quick order.
And hornibrook passes for 2000+ yards and 62%

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT