ADVERTISEMENT

Wisconsin passed the red threshold today

This is not puzzling at all. Mitigation efforts don't work. The people who are interested in the a normal life are done with the closing and partial opening.

Open everything like Sweden and Florida. Get on with your life. Protect the vulnerable.
Protecting the vulnerable is in fact a form of mitigation effort. The thing you just wrote does not work. Thanks for jumping right up and providing an example of the behavior I was referring to.

Protecting the vulnerable is in fact a form of mitigation effort. The thing you just wrote does not work. Thanks for jumping right up and providing an example of the behavior I was referring to.
Lol maybe you can try closing schools down again?

Yeah I'm sick of it.

Reactions: dinglefritz
they are getting sick. where do you think the 80,000 people a day are coming from? a lot of it is people under 40 socializing. maybe workers are protected by their masks
missouri hair salon had 2 covid positive workers do almost 150 haircuts and no transmission. but everybody wore a mask.
the state of kansas now has observational study that shows 50% less spread in counties that have a mask mandate than counties that dont. it is adjusted for population and baseline numbers
and when u say limited instances you are talking about hotspots. but you can have hundreds of thousands of cases in businesses and never be labeled a hotspot
I've asked multiple employees of my area HyVee, Menards and WalMart if they knew of anybody in their stores who have tested positive. The answer from all of them has been NO. I now know of quite a few medical personnel who have tested positive. That wasn't the case a few months ago. We're seeing a ton of under 50s testing positive but I don't know of any in our area who have been hospitalized with it.

You can pass all the mask mandates you want. It won't matter in the end.

I've asked multiple employees of my area HyVee, Menards and WalMart if they knew of anybody in their stores who have tested positive. The answer from all of them has been NO. I now know of quite a few medical personnel who have tested positive. That wasn't the case a few months ago. We're seeing a ton of under 50s testing positive but I don't know of any in our area who have been hospitalized with it.

You can pass all the mask mandates you want. It won't matter in the end.
Possibly just slowing down the inevitable???????

Possibly just slowing down the inevitable???????
Well medical personnel and nursing home residents start getting vaccinated in my area some time in November. It sounds like right now it will be a 2 dose killed vaccine which makes the most sense to me. I know some of the more commonly discussed vaccines are using an avirulent carrier Adenovirus with COVID genetic material spliced on to it. Personally I would prefer the 2 dose killed product.

Last edited:
not according to the studies that have been done. I'll take actual studies over your opinion.
Science is Orwellian anymore. The Danes did a controlled study with 3000 mask wearers and 3000 non. They can't get a medical journal to review it because of what it says.

This virus is here to stay.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Science is Orwellian anymore. The Danes did a controlled study with 3000 mask wearers and 3000 non. They can't get a medical journal to review it because of what it says.

This virus is here to stay.
We'll likely reach a population level of immunity sometime in December or January coinciding with vaccination of lots of high risk people. The goal right now in my area is to have all of the nursing home patients and medical workers vaccinated by early December. No doubt IF Biden wins he'll claim his new policies turned the tide and saved the U.S. turning this from an epidemic to endemic level of infections. I find it ironic how people who are so upset about Trump's handling of COVID also say they'll refuse to take a vaccine that has been "rushed" in to production.

We can't hide in our basements for 7 years to allow the CDC and FDA to use their "normal" approval process. People wonder why pharmaceuticals are so expensive? Look no further than Fauci, the CDC and the 1,333,000 lawyers in this country. It's a wonder that we ever get any new drugs to treat disease in this country.

ADVERTISEMENT