ADVERTISEMENT

Wisconsin passed the red threshold today

The only reply some idiot can make when they have no facts to back up their asinine claims.

"The exposure-response relationships estimated by the models show that the use of face coverings initally seemed to have a protective effect but that after day 15 of the face covering advisories or requirements, the number of cases started to rise. Similar patterns were observed for the relationship between face coverings and deaths." WAIT TWO WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Rates of infection were consistently higher among those in the cloth mask group than in the medical mask and control groups."

Or this beauty right from the cdc:

"We did not find evidence that surgical-type face masks are effective in reducing laboratory-confirmed influenza transmission, either when worn by infected persons (source control) or by persons in the general community to reduce their susceptibility (Figure 2)."

But, go on believing this is about science and not riling up the idiots who can't think for themselves. I think we know where you (bingo65) falls on the spectrum.

Link just one RCT study that proves masks make a significant difference. Just one.
RCT isn't necessary, what are we controlling for? Magic microscopic unicorns that intercept the aerosols instead?

Of course comparing wearing a cloth mask to Walmart for 30-60 minutes is exactly the same as healthcare workers wearing them for 10+ hour shifts in the RCT studies above? 🙄

RCT isn't necessary, what are we controlling for? Magic microscopic unicorns that intercept the aerosols instead?

Of course comparing wearing a cloth mask to Walmart for 30-60 minutes is exactly the same as healthcare workers wearing them for 10+ hour shifts in the RCT studies above? 🙄

That ain't no study. It's a literature review. If I had to guess, those same reviewers probably signed off on the letter stating SJW protesting is safe because it is more important than people dying of COVID.

"A community-driven approach was used for building the paper list used in this literature review. A multidisciplinary community of researchers used online tools to review and actively discuss publications related to the question of the effectiveness and policy of public mask wearing. "

In other words, it is the same modeling bullsh!t we've been subjected to throughout this whole ordeal.

I love this one:

"Overall, an evidence review (29) finds "moderate certainty evidence shows that the use of handwashing plus masks probably reduces the spread of respiratory viruses."

........moderate certainty......probably. Oh yeah, science at its best.

Last edited:

Didn't see your other article of "proof" there by the professor of philosophy at King's College. 🙄

Reactions: GBRforLife1
That ain't no study. It's a literature review. If I had to guess, those same reviewers probably signed off on the letter stating SJW protesting is safe because it is more important than people dying of COVID.

"A community-driven approach was used for building the paper list used in this literature review. A multidisciplinary community of researchers used online tools to review and actively discuss publications related to the question of the effectiveness and policy of public mask wearing. "

In other words, it is the same modeling bullsh!t we've been subjected to throughout this whole ordeal.

I love this one:

"Overall, an evidence review (29) finds "moderate certainty evidence shows that the use of handwashing plus masks probably reduces the spread of respiratory viruses."

........moderate certainty......probably. Oh yeah, science at its best.

You anti-maskers are STILL really trying hard aren’t you? You’ve really become a sorry bunch.

Your realize a literature review is a review of many “studies”, where a group of reviewers (doctors, scientific phds, mds, etc.) reads a group of “studies” for a topic of interest, researching massive databases of “studies”, find those they find pertinent to their research, and for each “study” looks at important parts of what the “study” was trying to accomplish, controls used, what was measured, how it was measured, and statistical calculations to support each hypothesis.

A “study” can prove damn near anything if you build it in a certain manner. An “article” can claim anything, or claim they read “studies” and then come to misguided, inaccurate, biased, agenda driven, or dishonest, discredited conclusions. And it can go both ways, sure. But literature reviews, and peer reviews are important, they keep scientists honest about the validity of each “study”, to form an opinion of what they mean collectively towards their topic of interest.

Notice I’m not telling I’ve spent the time to research any studies, nor will I, to link them here and prove to you that masks work. I would guess there are 100s of studies (96 citations in the review above) that would build a credible case that masks will help to slow (not stop) the spread of Covid. It also seems like common sense, that for a disease that you exhale out of your mouth, covering it while you are in public, might just help.

Last edited:
Does this change Nebraska fans attitudes about Barry and Wisconsin? They didn’t cancel because they were scared. They were proactive. This game wasn’t happening.
If the wedding story and/or Dan Patrick claim is true, then I respect them even less

I saw the Covid monster in my closet last night and under my bed the night before. The monster was asymptomatic so he wasn't even aware he was the Covid monster. He wasn't even wearing a mask. That might have been the scariest thing about the guy. Other than shitting the bed after waking in the middle of the night to see some guy standing in my closet, I feel fine. Oh and he said to spread the word that he prefers to be called the Boogie Man.

it won't get you or me. but it did kill 800 other people today. and it will kill several hundred more tomorrow. and every day after that. some people care about others.

“There has been another cost that we’ve seen, particularly in high schools.We’re seeing, sadly, far greater suicides now than we are deaths from COVID. We’re seeing far greater deaths from drug overdose that are above excess that we had as background than we are seeing the deaths from COVID,” Redfield said.

CDC director Robert Redfield

Some people care about others, unlike you BI_ GO.

“There has been another cost that we’ve seen, particularly in high schools.We’re seeing, sadly, far greater suicides now than we are deaths from COVID. We’re seeing far greater deaths from drug overdose that are above excess that we had as background than we are seeing the deaths from COVID,” Redfield said.

CDC director Robert Redfield

Some people care about others, unlike you BI_ GO.

I don't think it's that BI_GO doesn't care, I think it is just more difficult for people like BI_GO to understand the entirety of a situation; they have trouble seeing more than five feet in front of them because they lack the ability to do so.

You're controlling for other variables that influence the outcome. How is this not obvious?

You anti-maskers are STILL really trying hard aren’t you? You’ve really become a sorry bunch.

Your realize a literature review is a review of many “studies”, where a group of reviewers (doctors, scientific phds, mds, etc.) reads a group of “studies” for a topic of interest, researching massive databases of “studies”, find those they find pertinent to their research, and for each “study” looks at important parts of what the “study” was trying to accomplish, controls used, what was measured, how it was measured, and statistical calculations to support each hypothesis.

A “study” can prove damn near anything if you build it in a certain manner. An “article” can claim anything, or claim they read “studies” and then come to misguided, inaccurate, biased, agenda driven, or dishonest, discredited conclusions. And it can go both ways, sure. But literature reviews, and peer reviews are important, they keep scientists honest about the validity of each “study”, to form an opinion of what they mean collectively towards their topic of interest.

Notice I’m not telling I’ve spent the time to research any studies, nor will I, to link them here and prove to you that masks work. I would guess there are 100s of studies (96 citations in the review above) that would build a credible case that masks will help to slow (not stop) the spread of Covid. It also seems like common sense, that for a disease that you exhale out of your mouth, covering it while you are in public, might just help.

Why are people "anti-maskers" because they question the message? I don't need to dig into the science to think, on a very basic level, that a good mask can help, at least a little, in certain situations. As you said, "common sense." But what I have a problem with is the narrative and the perception that if everyone would just mask up, this thing would go away. It's not true, not even remotely. We keep hearing about "science," but the science doesn't support it.

Heard the same thing (well I heard it was 22, and didnt know when). My guess is that Chryst had his mask on wrong still. If I can see your nostrils, ITS NOT ON RIGHT.
when you wear the type of masks most of the coaches are wearing, IT DOES NOT MATTER HOW YOU WEAR IT! They may as well not wear any mask. It's for appearances only. It does virtually nothing. Maybe it keeps you from directly spitting on a ref while flinging your hat......

The only reply some idiot can make when they have no facts to back up their asinine claims.

"The exposure-response relationships estimated by the models show that the use of face coverings initally seemed to have a protective effect but that after day 15 of the face covering advisories or requirements, the number of cases started to rise. Similar patterns were observed for the relationship between face coverings and deaths." WAIT TWO WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Rates of infection were consistently higher among those in the cloth mask group than in the medical mask and control groups."

BOOM! there it is. Masks as worn by untrained citizens do very little and may provide a false sense of security which leads to more infections. Then you have idiots like the Wisconsin team and staff who go to a wedding......

BOOM! there it is. Masks as worn by untrained citizens do very little and may provide a false sense of security which leads to more infections. Then you have idiots like the Wisconsin team and staff who go to a wedding......
Maybe we got it wrong on Warren. It's possible he knows Wisconsin et al a whole lot better than we do, and knew that there was a zero percent chance they would take the necessary precautions to prevent outbreaks -- win at all costs.

Like an aggravated parent who knows the kids can't handle a new, expensive toy without breaking it, his initial reaction was "No season. You jackasses (Chryst, Alvarez, etc,) can't handle it"

Seriously.

Last edited:
it won't get you or me. but it did kill 800 other people today. and it will kill several hundred more tomorrow. and every day after that. some people care about others.
My spouses hospital service is growing with COVID patients. Virtually all of them say they only go to the grocery store and always wear masks........ Oh yeah. They're all old. Really old.

Last night I went to pick up carry out at the restaurant my kid worked ALL summer in (tourist are) with no mask. There were probably 20+ people in there who appeared to be 65 and over and not a mask in sight. IF you're over 65 stay the f out of the grocery store and restaurants so the everybody else can get on with their lives. I don't care IF you wear a mask. Have somebody else get your groceries or call ahead to HyVee and they'll bring it out to your car.

Of course the root problem is that people are exhausted from all of the political drama over COVID. They want their lives back and are willing to risk them to have a small pleasure of going out to dinner with their wife or a close friend. I can't blame them.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
My spouses hospital service is growing with COVID patients. Virtually all of them say they only go to the grocery store and always wear masks........ Oh yeah. They're all old. Really old.

Last night I went to pick up carry out at the restaurant my kid worked ALL summer in (tourist are) with no mask. There were probably 20+ people in there who appeared to be 65 and over and not a mask in sight. IF you're over 65 stay the f out of the grocery store and restaurants so the everybody else can get on with their lives. I don't care IF you wear a mask. Have somebody else get your groceries or call ahead to HyVee and they'll bring it out to your car.

Of course the root problem is that people are exhausted from all of the political drama over COVID. They want their lives back and are willing to risk them to have a small pleasure of going out to dinner with their wife or a close friend. I can't blame them.

If these older folks want to go out without a mask more power to them.

Lots of progressives are perfectly okay with euthanasia laws where people can choose to end their lives. But go out without a mask and risk getting a virus that has about a 5% CFR for the age group it has the worst impact on? HELL NO! GET YOUR WRINKLY BUTTS BACK IN YOUR BASEMENTS!

Exactly. Nebraska is being cast as selfish for wanting to play football this weekend, against literally any FCS or FBS team. Yet it's beginning to look like the real selfish assholes are Paul Christ and the Badgers. Who would have guessed?
No doubt about that. Wisconsin played with players they knew were positive and then turned around and cancelled a game for competitive reasons. But let’s just keep on attacking Nebraska for wanting to play football, the right way.

You mask fascists really lose it when someone challenges authority.

What you said about studies being designed to say anything is really true and yet, not one of you can link to a study that shows masks stop viruses.

I'm beginning to think that study doesn't exist. Wonder why?

So most studies being published are mathematical prediction models or single retrospective cohort studies or meta-analysis studies (kind of like a literature review but a bit more stringent in statistical analysis). Like many have said on this board, there are no RCTs using masks or not with this virus yet as far as I can see. But I don’t think that many people would sign up for one right? Nevertheless, most studies are for pro-masking. But as people have pointed out, a cloth mask seems pretty inefficient. I’ve pasted a PubMed search below. Interestingly, they did do an interventional controlled study in hamsters with or without a surgical mask-type barrier that showed significant protection from SARS-CoV-2 infection.

Hamster study

Or this beauty right from the cdc:

"We did not find evidence that surgical-type face masks are effective in reducing laboratory-confirmed influenza transmission, either when worn by infected persons (source control) or by persons in the general community to reduce their susceptibility (Figure 2)."

But, go on believing this is about science and not riling up the idiots who can't think for themselves. I think we know where you (bingo65) falls on the spectrum.
1 study. go look at the others

unfortunately there is a significant number of over 65 who are all caught up in this "nobody is going to tell me what to do" attitude. especially men over 65. honestly there are some people who actually say they would rather die than wear or mask or keep a distance. so no matter what evidence we provide or encouragement there will always be these "frontiersmen" who are not interested in the greater good only their individual "freedom". they tend to be rural and small town.

One puzzling aspect of 2020 is that the people who are most eager to move back to normal life and economic activity are also the people most opposed to mitigation efforts.

Reactions: SkerInCo
One puzzling aspect of 2020 is that the people who are most eager to move back to normal life and economic activity are also the people most opposed to mitigation efforts.

This is not puzzling at all. Mitigation efforts don't work. The people who are interested in the a normal life are done with the closing and partial opening.

Open everything like Sweden and Florida. Get on with your life. Protect the vulnerable.

Why aren't grocery store and big box store workers getting sick through this entire pandemic? These employees come in to contact with 100s if not 1000s of people a day.

Outside of meat packing plants there have been limited instances of illnesses spreading at businesses.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
Why aren't grocery store and big box store workers getting sick through this entire pandemic? These employees come in to contact with 100s if not 1000s of people a day.

Outside of meat packing plants there have been limited instances of illnesses spreading at businesses.
they are getting sick. where do you think the 80,000 people a day are coming from? a lot of it is people under 40 socializing. maybe workers are protected by their masks
missouri hair salon had 2 covid positive workers do almost 150 haircuts and no transmission. but everybody wore a mask.
the state of kansas now has observational study that shows 50% less spread in counties that have a mask mandate than counties that dont. it is adjusted for population and baseline numbers
and when u say limited instances you are talking about hotspots. but you can have hundreds of thousands of cases in businesses and never be labeled a hotspot

It really doesn’t matter. If it is an airborne virus and in the air you are breathing, it’s getting in no matter what. Mask or not.

Masks only help when the carrier is sneezing or coughing. Other than that it is worthless and sometimes worse than worthless.
not according to the studies that have been done. I'll take actual studies over your opinion.
Definitely only works for Chryst when sneezing or coughing since he wears it below his nose.

Reactions: dinglefritz
they are getting sick. where do you think the 80,000 people a day are coming from? a lot of it is people under 40 socializing. maybe workers are protected by their masks
missouri hair salon had 2 covid positive workers do almost 150 haircuts and no transmission. but everybody wore a mask.
the state of kansas now has observational study that shows 50% less spread in counties that have a mask mandate than counties that dont. it is adjusted for population and baseline numbers
and when u say limited instances you are talking about hotspots. but you can have hundreds of thousands of cases in businesses and never be labeled a hotspot

Again roughly 9.2 million have allegedly tested positive, even though we know that's not true due to duplicate tests, and fraudulent positive test results sent to people. That's not even 3% of the country over 10 months.

Since you're too stupid to think, read for yourself on the KU mask bullshit. https://sentinelksmo.org/ku-researchers-understate-covid-case-growth-to-justify-mandates/

They don't even know if the hair stylists were contagious when they gave the hair cuts. All you come up with is anecdotal garbage.

Reactions: Bigred_b1624

Of course they say that, they know that's what they're supposed to say. I'd be curious to see a real comparison between their claims and their actions.

Curious thing with the masks. Being allowed to just have whatever kind you want and nobody really knowing how to use them right makes my brain short out. I have to think that overall it's better than it would be without having them at all, but it's certainly no guarantee of anything.

Coaches and refs wearing them in the middle of a bunch of players not wearing them is my favorite nonsense. They wear it, then take it down when they need to scream, then touch it some more to put it back on. No sense in any of it.

They better not play next week against Purdue...
Hell yes they will play. Their daily rolling average
My wife and I went to weddings two weeks in a row. First wedding was fine second wedding a lot of people got covid including my wife and I would assume the rest of my family.
Its unfortunate that some got it. I hope they are all ok. But I never said that going to any event wasnt a role of the dice. However, if there is concern dont attend (as many people chose not to do). I dont have anything against them for their choice.
I dont run around and lick door handles or go out of my way to catch any bug. But, I am a teacher. If everyone thinks its ok to be in a school with 1400 other people (I hope no one thinks that the vast majority of students are following any type of protocols-because they arent) I think I will take my chances and try to live my life as normally as possible.

I personally know a manager of a grocery store that hasn't worn a mask one single day to work and hasn't been infected.

Damn it bingo I was needing to go to Home Depot today to pick up some stuff. Have to rethink that trip. Maybe I will just swing by Ace Hardware. No chance for Covid there as there arent ever more than 8 people in the store (Includes the 6 people that work there).
It is cool though that apparently hair salon folks dont need to quaranteen. Should be a relief for them. Also, I dont much care for any observation that comes out of the sunflower state.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT