ADVERTISEMENT

Wisconsin is now the laughing stock of college football

Well I'm unhappy that Nebraska won't get to play Wisconsin, I'm unhappy that Nebraska loses a home game and I'm unhappy that the game will NOT be rescheduled. That all said, it would be far worse though if Wisconsin went ahead and played the game and then as a result infected the whole Nebraska team.

Well I'm unhappy that Nebraska won't get to play Wisconsin, I'm unhappy that Nebraska loses a home game and I'm unhappy that the game will NOT be rescheduled. That all said, it would be far worse though if Wisconsin went ahead and played the game and then as a result infected the whole Nebraska team.
Those are not the only two options

alvarez trying to skirt around his big 10 rules by saying they did this on their own and are not following big 10 guidelines. they are planning on playing purdue! so if they are doing this on their own then this is a forfeit and should count as a loss. game, set, match

Exactly, Make up the rules and then change them if they don’t fit your agenda..

They should have to cancel the Purdue game and not be rewarded for canceling one game..

The 21 day protocol didn't make sense months ago, didn't make sense last week, doesnt make sense this week.

It didn't stop the conference from blowing up it's own football season, though.

Screw Barry Alvarez and Wisconsin. Those gasbags were an obstacle to getting the season started in the first place.

Let them compete under the rules they demanded be implemented in order to finally bless the rest of us with a "yes" vote.

21 days is 21 days.

If you think it should have been 5 effing days, should have included that months ago.

You know, around the same time (prior to the final BIG "vote") that the whole concern around cardiac risk in regards to COVID was debunked.

think alot narrative created catastrophies will be resolved next week
I wish we could stop turning every thread into a political conspiracy theory.

Now back to the important stuff, sport conspiracy theories. Wisconsin is clearly ducking us. What will be different next week?

The BiG TeN CoNfErEnCe is a close second.

Barry Alvarez and Kevin Warren are clowns
Unless they get their way by skipping a road game and resuming play at home a week later. Then the Badgers aren't a laughing stock - they're just the Big Ten darling we all thought they were.

It's kind of like when one of their basketball players openly and blatantly punches an opponent squarely in the nuts, but doesn't get ejected, suspended or punished in any way. That can't really happen, can it?

Reactions: dinglefritz
Barry now says five day quarantine is fine. Mertz will play next week.
Is this serious? Havent been watching anything, but are they REALLY going to try to get Mertz cleared to play next week after being the biggest bitches ever and making it so they didnt have to play us with their 4th string?
Ive never liked Wisconsin but they might supplant Iowa as most hated. F@CK them.

Since Chryst tested positive then does he have to remove himself from the team for 21 days as well? I don’t think I’ve necessarily seen how this applies to staff/coaches that test positive, only players...

Reactions: ChristmasBOnus
21 days is 21 days. If Nebraska's top 3 QBs get covid-19 but the rest of the team tests negative, play the damn games and sit the 21 days. The 21 days nonsense should stay in place for the entire season or why play at all if the rules change after 1 game?

Since Chryst tested positive then does he have to remove himself from the team for 21 days as well? I don’t think I’ve necessarily seen how this applies to staff/coaches that test positive, only players...

Allegedly only for 10 days which is weird when the CDC has been saying 14 days since this outbreak began.

again, the b1g has inexplicably further marginalized the power it once wielded, in addition to its value, in the matter of about 4 months.
i could go on about its lofty, self-aggrandizing academic reputation of itself...

this year is a joke. Basically an exhibition and should be treated as such. Go practice, boys.
thats what all the other programs are treating it as. neb has been sitting on the sidelines and oblivious to what has been going on all around college fb. this year is simply a time to just enjoy having something to watch and being thankful there are any games at all. take a deep breath. its just a game

this is a joke. now they want the 21 day rule to go away because they want mertz back for the game against michigan.

Is this serious? Havent been watching anything, but are they REALLY going to try to get Mertz cleared to play next week after being the biggest bitches ever and making it so they didnt have to play us with their 4th string?
Ive never liked Wisconsin but they might supplant Iowa as most hated. F@CK them.

I've been saying this for years about Wisconsin. Slimy basketball team flopping all over the court, punching opponents in the nuts, slimy AD sabotaging his alma mater. **** Wisconsin.

alvarez trying to skirt around his big 10 rules by saying they did this on their own and are not following big 10 guidelines. they are planning on playing purdue! so if they are doing this on their own then this is a forfeit and should count as a loss. game, set, match
Absolutely. It is unbelievable cowardice.

Reactions: headcard
The BiG TeN CoNfErEnCe is a close second.

Barry Alvarez and Kevin Warren are clowns

I'm afraid the B10 is the laughing stock. Saying it wasn't going to play to show everyone how thoughtful and woke it could be. Then making a 180 after the fact. Then starting late. Then allowing zero room for errors. Then putting on a 21-day wait period, of course, a week more than the CDC recommends and other leagues use proving again its wokeness. Then allowing a school to say: nope we're pulling the plug. What a joke. You guys belong in the B12.

Last edited:
Replying to the tweet and not you obviously... no shit, Illinois is doing fine, obviously this is Wisconsin's screw up, which is why everyone is making fun of them and wants them to get punished to hell for letting this happen
who is making fun of them? i dont believe anyone else in college fb really cares. and most of them have been watching this very thing happen every saturday for the last several weeks. the ONLY people who care are associated with neb. none of my friends in the south or northeast even know the game is cancelled

ADVERTISEMENT