ADVERTISEMENT

Winter conditioning

I’ll check with him and get back to you ;)

Would love to see the stats coming out at the end of conditioning to see where guys are in the functional statistics that can be measured. Would be nice so that guys are held to add additional level of accountability in that the top performers will get their names in the paper and will be able to tell who is and who is not a top performer.

He will not. Coaches do not do this anyone. Fans are just being nosy by wanting to know this information. :D

On a side note, strength coaches have been so embarrassed over the last 15 years that they have hid all numbers for any speed and weight training.

Reactions: spinner4
Doubt it. Too much negative criticism from fans on internet message boards about players have killed this practice.

Reactions: baseball31ne
I'd like to just know team averages on the 1st day of winter conditioning and then again on the 1st day of fall practice, to see what the improvement is between now and then.

IIRC in an interview at UCF, Duval said the team boosted their squat numbers by an average of 60lbs just from spring-fall his first season there and that didn't take into account the improvement from winter-spring.

maybe boyd will just let duval do his job
I agree 100% with this but I have full faith that Boyd and Duval can work together well since they did in the 90's. Just hope Boyd is the kind of guy who can take a backseat to his former protege

Boyd will have whatever involvement Frost wants him to have. Unlike the last 15 years, we now have a zero BS coach who knows what he wants and isn't going to let a bunch of back stabbing administrators interfere with his program. And he has a President, Chancellor and AD who will back him. So I'm assuming they'll all be working together with... what's the phrase.... "unity of purpose".

Reactions: StrongArm517
He will not. Coaches do not do this anyone. Fans are just being nosy by wanting to know this information. :D

On a side note, strength coaches have been so embarrassed over the last 15 years that they have hid all numbers for any speed and weight training.
Like, all of them? Kenny Bell is gonna freak out! Lol

Reactions: TwinsRRUs
I think I recall conditioning was supposed to start yesterday with evals. Today I assume would be the first get to work day. There haven't been any tweets about it from players so it must not have started in earnest yet.

I heard the players struggled a little bit on day 1. Winking

giphy.gif

Reactions: dand84
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT