ADVERTISEMENT

Winter Conditioning Leaders

Jay is getting at the root of the problem. Winners win, losers lose. The talent has to have confidence in its play. When programs sink under the waves in terms of wins/losses, it can be hard to right that ship. I think we began to see the turnaround on D this year. Just better overall play and more importantly, emerging confidence in play. It is nice to see that group come back largely intact with a crack at another season. On offense, the pieces on the Oline are coming together. I really think the key to the whole thing is getting reliable play from a couple of running backs. The B1G is a tough league in terms of running defense. Being able to rely on getting the needed yards to be on schedule for down and distance is critical. I'll feel a whole lot better when it's third and three and everyone in the stadium, including the opposing D, doesn't know it's going to be Adrian carrying the ball.

I agree. Part of the reason Adrian/Luke ran the ball so much last year was because we didn’t have consistent RB play. A young OLine also struggled with blocking schemes for running and pass protection. Our Oline is only going to get better. I’m hoping Stepp/Ervin JR/Morrison step into a consistent production role. I think it will have to be one of those three considering the others have had shots at it and haven’t been able to do it.
- Rahmir Johnson is too small to take the beating and isn’t a between the tackles back.
- Marvin Scott showed flashes but will need to become more consistent.
- Ronald Thompkins just didn’t execute like we need him to - his off the field issues also cost him playing time.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
More than 563 million gallons of KOOL-AID are consumed each year.

Every spring I personally consume my fair share.

219c4bfc9581968b090a763589dc5ab4.jpg

Recruiting issues as well. Recruiting athletes and not football players.
Recruiting both project athletes and injured players . There’s a reason other programs back off on injured players, you only get 25 scholarships a year , you can’t afford to swing and miss with key positions.

Recruiting both project athletes and injured players . There’s a reason other programs back off on injured players, you only get 25 scholarships a year , you can’t afford to swing and miss with key positions.
Sad truth here. I need examples where this has worked out

and I'd be willing to guess that Adrian can both bench and squat more than 75% of the active posters here.
Yep. Last offseason he was in a video squatting 315. 3 45 lb plates on each side of the bar for those who aren't familiar.

Simplify the scheme? I remember McrBride use to say&do that.
Lot's of logic to this. Get them good at what they do and comfortable and on their toes not their heels. Then keep feeding them more.

I agree. Part of the reason Adrian/Luke ran the ball so much last year was because we didn’t have consistent RB play. A young OLine also struggled with blocking schemes for running and pass protection. Our Oline is only going to get better. I’m hoping Stepp/Ervin JR/Morrison step into a consistent production role. I think it will have to be one of those three considering the others have had shots at it and haven’t been able to do it.
- Rahmir Johnson is too small to take the beating and isn’t a between the tackles back.
- Marvin Scott showed flashes but will need to become more consistent.
- Ronald Thompkins just didn’t execute like we need him to - his off the field issues also cost him playing time.
Didn't Thompkins only play in the first game? Didn't seem to have much burst though. I thought he was maybe injured again or covid'd, not sure if I heard about any off the field issues

Didn't Thompkins only play in the first game? Didn't seem to have much burst though. I thought he was maybe injured again or covid'd, not sure if I heard about any off the field issues

He was not allowed to travel with the team for at least one game due to something that happened. I had heard he was late to some meetings or something. He was definitely in the dog house for part of the season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT