ADVERTISEMENT

Wins to have a good end to the year?

Assuming 3 games remaining, how many wins would be considered a good ending?

Votes: 31 47.0%

Votes: 14 21.2%

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Year can’t be successful

Votes: 19 28.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Iroh2

Redshirt Freshman
Nov 9, 2019
How many wins from here on out would be considered a successful end to 2020?

Hard to say. We could have one more game, we could have four.

I honestly don't know what would be best for the long term prospects of the program -- losing out and facing reality sooner rather than later or winning out and limping along in limbo where a .444 winning percentage is somehow thought of as something noteworthy

Last edited:
Reactions: Mrs.Jeans15
It’s year 3 and virtually nothing has been fixed.
Offensive line? Trash, and has been since Pelini/Cotton.
Crippling penalties? Still a huge problem.
Execution? Not even close to being good.
Proper football mindset? Lol!!! Getting smoked by Illinois and fold like a cheap deck of cards once a penalty/mistake occurs (which is nearly all the time).
Turnover margin? 73rd
Defense? 84th in the nation.
Offense? Also 84th in the nation.
Penalty yards per game? 85th.
I can keep going and going, but everyone gets the idea.

These aren’t talent issues. It takes zero talent to execute a play properly, line up properly, get to the proper gap, show basic football fundamentals, not get a false start penalty, or to actually even want to put forth average effort and not get blown out by one of the worst programs in the country.
Talent comes into play, when you face off against teams that play proper, fundamentally sound football. You need more talent than them *AND* to also play fundamentally sound, mistake free football as well.
USC under Lane Kiffin and Florida under Muschamp, were beyond talented. Didn’t matter though, as their crap coaching negated it.

It’s year 3 and virtually nothing has been fixed.
Offensive line? Trash, and has been since Pelini/Cotton.
Crippling penalties? Still a huge problem.
Execution? Not even close to being good.
Proper football mindset? Lol!!! Getting smoked by Illinois and fold like a cheap deck of cards once a penalty/mistake occurs (which is nearly all the time).
Turnover margin? 73rd
Defense? 84th in the nation.
Offense? Also 84th in the nation.
Penalty yards per game? 85th.
I can keep going and going, but everyone gets the idea.

These aren’t talent issues. It takes zero talent to execute a play properly, line up properly, get to the proper gap, show basic football fundamentals, not get a false start penalty, or to actually even want to put forth average effort and not get blown out by one of the worst programs in the country.
Talent comes into play, when you face off against teams that play proper, fundamentally sound football. You need more talent than them *AND* to also play fundamentally sound, mistake free football as well.
USC under Lane Kiffin and Florida under Muschamp, were beyond talented. Didn’t matter though, as their crap coaching negated it.
It's depressing to read all of that.

I honestly don't know what would be best for the long term prospects of the program -- losing out and facing reality sooner rather than later or winning out and limping along in limbo where a .444 winning percentage is somehow thought of as something noteworthy
Hey I'm as upset as you. But if they somehow win out (not likely at all) then that says a lot about character.

Baby steps. Still need to do something to finish this year. But doing so would get us our bowl game.

I'm kinda "meh" regardless, but 2-3 wins would probably perk things up a little. Kinda depends on how they play. If they win sloppy games against bad teams.... meh. Feeling pretty weary.

I voted for both 2 and Year Can’t Be Successful.

Winning 2 out of 3 would be a “good ending”, which is what you asked. I say that because it’s better than I expect. Let’s be real... we’re underdogs to Purdue tomorrow.

But this year is still a failure. Let’s not forget we’ve already lost 5 prized freshmen too.

Purdue and Minnesota are both undergoing dumpster fire situations right now. Barely squeaking by them isn't going to change much for me. If we put the hurt on them like we should, maybe that would start to alleviate some concerns. But the season is already a failure in my eyes. Can't have 4 losing seasons in a row and consider that any kind of success.

Give it time.
Looking back, I for one didn't expect a comment such as this would be made hours before Frost's 30th game at the helm of the Cornhusker football program. How much time?

When it flips, we won’t regress.
Over time, every team regresses to some degree. It has happened at Notre Dame, at Texas, at Ohio State, at Alabama..... every team, including Nebraska, and it will happen again. The key is to limit the slide then bounce back stronger, longer.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT