ADVERTISEMENT

Wiltfong with a Crystal Ball for AD to the Ducks...

HuskerBorn

Junior
Oct 23, 2009
The Cornerbacks coach From Minny is there now and looks like Dickerson may be following him there.

How many times does this kid have to say no to NU before it sinks in that the kid was never going to come here? Dickerson, or ADick as some may call him, is super fast, but I don't look at him as a can't miss prospect. I would rather take my chances on filling that last scholarship with a transfer or juco this spring.

How many times does this kid have to say no to NU before it sinks in that the kid was never going to come here? Dickerson, or ADick as some may call him, is super fast, but I don't look at him as a can't miss prospect. I would rather take my chances on filling that last scholarship with a transfer or juco this spring.
where is a transfer or juco needed? the defense has to be the most experienced group in the whole country. the offense has already filled its needs.

where is a transfer or juco needed? the defense has to be the most experienced group in the whole country. the offense has already filled its needs.

I think we have needs that can be filled in the portal like: Pass rusher, slot WR, possibly OL.

Plus we don't know what the spring will hold. What if Luke does leave? Then we may need to go find another QB.

I think we have needs that can be filled in the portal like: Pass rusher, slot WR, possibly OL.

Plus we don't know what the spring will hold. What if Luke does leave? Then we may need to go find another QB.
the OL already has too few spots for too many quality OLs. maybe WR? there are a dozen LB/DEs on the roster already that qualify as pass rushers. Both starting DEs return. Might need another backup qB but i dont know why a transfer QB would want to be a backup. why would you transfer to be a backup again?

the OL already has too few spots for too many quality OLs. maybe WR? there are a dozen LB/DEs on the roster already that qualify as pass rushers. Both starting DEs return. Might need another backup qB but i dont know why a transfer QB would want to be a backup. why would you transfer to be a backup again?

I don't see it that way, at all. You always try to upgrade your roster.

How do we know we have all those quality OL? Who plays LG, Nouili, Hixon? Is that really not a place we can upgrade?

As far as pass rushers, this has to be a joke right? We don't have anyone that can get to the QB, that is a desperate need. Should we really not try to upgrade there because we have guys like Alston, Cooper and Butler on the roster?

As far as QB, this is another need, now that Luke has left. Maybe a guy from the FCS wants to prove himself. Maybe a guy with several years of eligibility doesn't like it at his current school. Maybe a midwest kid is homesick. It's something we need to explore.

I for one do care. He is a good athlete and of course like any recruit time would tell but again, this kid had some really good offers.
Hoping for the best here
Since he's shown little interest in Nebraska, we ain't worried about this kid. Getting equal or better caliber talent is not difficult.

They need a QB. We cannot have an offense that relies on running the QB all of the time and the starting QB is a fumbler, who slides before contact a yard short of the first down.

there are going to be additional OLs transferring out of the program in the near future. there are too many freshman/soph OLs clumped together. when some of them finally figure out not only are they going to be a backup but instead of waiting 1-2 years to play they are going to have to wait 3-4 years because the starters all have several years left to play.
the DL is not designed to pass rush so it has to come from LBs. there are already a LOT of LBs on the roster.

Reactions: dew4red
Don't we have a juco db on the team that came last summer? Can't think of his name. Maybe he is already gone.

Snookie? Cookie?
5181ZSsXgVL.jpg

ccc-3-e1558557032974.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT