ADVERTISEMENT

Willie Taggart fired from FSU

What’s Taggart known for as a coordinator? Offense or Defense? Hmmm.....think he wants to coach D?

It's kind of annoying when people criticize NU for firing coaches saying we did not give them enough time and then you see other former top programs firing coaches after only 2 years. Hey, maybe they get shit for that as well but what makes it especially worse in our case is it's difficult to refute that criticism because every coach we replaced ended up falling below expectation and we will never know what could have been had we given them a few more years. But there always seems to be an excuse for the poor performance and why more time was needed. Personally, with the resources available here, those excuses somewhat fall flat. I think we gave our last 3 coaches before Frost more than enough time. However, I do think Frost's seat should be warmer. A lot of what happened in our losses this year is the fault of the coaching staff.

Maybe we can get lucky with Pruitt. He could get fired at Tennessee and was the DC at Alabama, Georgia and FSU previously.

He’s actually got Tenn playing better these last few games. It would be nice just to see improvement and they are

Reactions: cidsports
It's kind of annoying when people criticize NU for firing coaches saying we did not give them enough time and then you see other former top programs firing coaches after only 2 years. Hey, maybe they get shit for that as well but what makes it especially worse in our case is it's difficult to refute that criticism because every coach we replaced ended up falling below expectation and we will never know what could have been had we given them a few more years. But there always seems to be an excuse for the poor performance and why more time was needed. Personally, with the resources available here, those excuses somewhat fall flat. I think we gave our last 3 coaches before Frost more than enough time. However, I do think Frost's seat should be warmer. A lot of what happened in our losses this year is the fault of the coaching staff.

^^^^^ you would have fired Nick Saban, Dabo Swinny, Bill Bellichick at Cleavland, and many other names I could list.

Firing is NOT the right answer in most cases.

If you want to kill Nebraska football to the point of no return for the rest of your life, then you go full stupid and do what your dumb post talks about, but if you want to have an actual functional brain cell, then you let Frost have as many years as needed to fix things.

Some fans are just flat out stupid.

If I was Frost, I would look into the FSU job. Better overall talent and easy conference to get thru besides Clemson. He would be in recruiting hotbed in the southeast.

Long-time FSU offensive coordinator Mark Richt?

Bob Stoops?

Bob Diaco?

The options are limitless. I'm guessing it's an established guy, though.

If I was Frost, I would look into the FSU job. Better overall talent and easy conference to get thru besides Clemson. He would be in recruiting hotbed in the southeast. It will be difficult to beat out Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State, Wisonsin, and etc in recruiting and winning the Big Ten. Sure lot of fans thinks he can turn it around but that’s just wishful thinking. NU football needs a big time intervention.

Last edited:
^^^^^ you would have fired Nick Saban, Dabo Swinny, Bill Bellichick at Cleavland, and many other names I could list.

Firing is NOT the right answer in most cases.

If you want to kill Nebraska football to the point of no return for the rest of your life, then you go full stupid and do what your dumb post talks about, but if you want to have an actual functional brain cell, then you let Frost have as many years as needed to fix things.

Some fans are just flat out stupid.
Sorry that's not how reality works. If you are not performing at your job, you should get fired especially when you're making 5 million a year. Like I said, the coaches we fired were given enough time. Frost will get ample time to get his recruits in place and then after that if the performance hardly gets better and he is unwilling to make coaching changes, there will be no excuses to fall back on.

Give it a rest. Frost will not, I repeat WILL NOT get fired and he’s going no where. I’ll agree, Frost needs to consider hiring an elite defensive coordinator but Frost himself isn’t going anywhere.

I know right. Taggart was 9-12 with the 2nd highest buyout in college football history but Florida State has standards and wants to win. Winning 8 or 9 games out of your first 21 and beating none of your rivals isn't good enough at Florida State. It's good enough at other schools, but not at Florida State. Florida State wasnt even talking ACC champs or CFP this year, they left that for Nebraska fan.

$18 million buyout!! Crazy.
from the fsu board donors paid for it. donors gave fsu 20 million 2 weeks ago to take care of the buy out. fsu had decided to fire him weeks ago. the loss to a bad miami team was last straw. they already have a list of coaches they will be going for.

Fun fact Willie Taggart was Tommie Frazier’s backup in high school. Reputed to be a really good recruiter but you could see issues with his hire coming.

Give it a rest. Frost will not, I repeat WILL NOT get fired and he’s going no where. I’ll agree, Frost needs to consider hiring an elite defensive coordinator but Frost himself isn’t going anywhere.

If he doesn't hire an elite defensive coordinator, than yes, Frost is on shaky hot seat ground.

If I was Frost, I would look into the FSU job. Better overall talent and easy conference to get thru besides Clemson. He would be in recruiting hotbed in the southeast.
FSU doesn't want Frost at this point. Honestly he wouldn't get another HC job even if he wanted it. That may sound harsh, but it is true. Football is a business, no program is going to hire a struggling 8- 13 coach.

Reactions: LonghornInOmaha
That would be my #1 choice for DC if we needed a replacement and he's available.

See this is the difference between Urban Meyer and Frost, UM would have no problem firing a bad DC and hiring Pruitt while Frost sticks with a known terrible DC. UM would never hire an unproven dumb DC at a big school.

See this is the difference between Urban Meyer and Frost, UM would have no problem firing a bad DC and hiring Pruitt while Frost sticks with a known terrible DC. UM would never hire an unproven dumb DC at a big school.

Defense was a problem in 2018 for the Buckeyes. Both HC and DC changed for 2019, problem improved.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT