ADVERTISEMENT

Will we have a season?

Will we have a season?

• Yes

Votes: 102 49.3%
  • No

Votes: 105 50.7%

• Total voters
“There will be a college football season only if and when the medical experts, CDC, state regional and national leaders declare it to be safe.And it won’t be made by a football coach or an athletic director or a university president “

Northwestern AD Jim Phillips

Reactions: WHCSC
“There will be a college football season only if and when the medical experts, CDC, state regional and national leaders declare it to be safe.And it won’t be made by a football coach or an athletic director or a university president “

$$$$$$$$$ talks

bullshit walks

You think there's not going to be any sports or events with crowds until there are zero illnesses or deaths from coronavirus? In that case, we're unlikely to ever have sports or concerts ever again.

The point isn't a "Miracle Pill" or cure, it's to have a treatment that manages the symptoms for the vast majority of us, so we don't need to go the ICU and can recover at home, like most viruses. The whole point of sheltering to "flatten the curve" wasn't to eliminate the virus, it was to keep the hospitals from getting overwhelmed. Right now, most hospitals are empty and laying off employees. The models used to justify this lockdown were not even close to accurate in terms of hospitalization predictions.

Most of us are going to get the virus eventually, until we have herd immunity. Even if we get a vaccine by January 1st, you can't keep the world locked down until then. Not for a virus that is asymptomatic in at least 80% of the people who have it. That is insanity.
Agree, this is probably something that is going to be around if not forever for the foreseeable future. You are right the lock down was not to stop the virus but to slow it down. We can't keep the country locked down forever. It probably going to end up being, work from home if you can, wear masks when out and about. Those at high risk minimize exposure as much as possible. Until either we develop herd immunity and or get a vaccine, like the flu. I have a feeling this is going to end up like the flu, it will be a new yearly virus that peak in the winter months. Something that we just have to deal with.

$$$$$$$$$ talks

bullshit walks
College football is one of those things that "are to big to fail" especially when it comes to smaller universities. Many programs won't be able to survive without a football season. IMO they will have a 2020 college football season in some way shape or form. I don't know if that will involve playing a shorter season, playing in empty stadiums, playing in the spring. Im going to guess it starts on time, Sept. What concerns me is if this starts taking off again come late Sept and Oct. To the point where they end up having to shut it down again.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
All players will have to be tested for Corvid before competing with one another depending on what sports they keep running at the university’s..

Also when will everyone go back to school in the fall will be another matter for them to feel comfortable with..

And like husker2612 said when will Covrid-19 come back in the fall will be another concern if they still don’t have the vaccine for it..

Reactions: husker2612
All players will have to be tested for Corvid before competing with one another depending on what sports they keep running at the university’s..

Also when will everyone go back to school in the fall will be another matter for them to feel comfortable with..

And like husker2612 said when will Covrid-19 come back in the fall will be another concern if they still don’t have the vaccine for it..
all players being tested won't be an issue, if indeed it's a requirement (I don't see this being the case, as we'll have a much better understanding of it 5 months from now).

when students go back to school will have nothing to do with the football team.

it coming back in the fall won't shut the world down again. it's just not feasible considering the fallout of this first shutdown.

there will be football, it will start on time, and every doctor can scream to the heavens all they want about 'safety'. the pros will far outweigh the cons.

I wouldn’t be so sure on this.. You’re not the one going to make that decision.
neither are doctors.

as stated over and over and over, doctors are trained in risk mitigation at all costs. if a farmer is hurt tending to his herd, the doctor will tell him he cannot do that anymore.

does the farmer listen?

a doctors' stance (guarantee safety for all, zero transmissions, etc.) is the least realistic point of view going.

neither are doctors.

as stated over and over and over, doctors are trained in risk mitigation at all costs. if a farmer is hurt tending to his herd, the doctor will tell him he cannot do that anymore.

does the farmer listen?

a doctors' stance (guarantee safety for all, zero transmissions, etc.) is the least realistic point of view going.

ohhh really.

ohhh really.
yea you're right the AD from Northwestern in mid-April knows exactly what will happen & who will call the shots.

shame on me.
cqyUOW4.gif

yea you're right the AD from Northwestern in mid-April knows exactly what will happen & who will call the shots.

shame on me.
cqyUOW4.gif

Don’t be a fool he’s telling us when it’s time to make that call those people will be making the Okay for the football season...

Very important for students to get back to school..

There not just going to have the football team going to classes and the rest of the student body not participate.o_O

Don’t be a fool he’s telling us when it’s time to make that call those people will be making the Okay for the football season...

There not just going to have the football team going to classes and the rest of the student body not participate.o_O
what's the AD of harvard say about having a football season?

newsflash: football players take online classes even when regular school's in session. remember this? https://thespun.com/big-ten/ohio-st...veals-hes-taking-online-courses-at-ohio-state

it's not important, at all, that college kids physically attend school. even Dr Fauci said he sees school-aged kids going back in the fall.

let me know when an AD of a large public university that makes hundreds of millions off of football says he wants to wait for the CDC to decide what's safe. then I'll listen.

until then, get your facepaint ready for a regularly scheduled week 1.

Reactions: bluenrg

Like this medical expert?

EVaafZMXkAAEgGV

EVbJA4EWAAAI4Ek

Last edited:
all players being tested won't be an issue, if indeed it's a requirement (I don't see this being the case, as we'll have a much better understanding of it 5 months from now).

when students go back to school will have nothing to do with the football team.

it coming back in the fall won't shut the world down again. it's just not feasible considering the fallout of this first shutdown.

there will be football, it will start on time, and every doctor can scream to the heavens all they want about 'safety'. the pros will far outweigh the cons.
I think football players will be back before students. If indeed there are still restriction of some sort by that time. Managing 150 bodies vs thousands would be much easier to test and contain/ control. I could see temperatures needing to be takes from each player before entering practice. As well as before every game. I could see stadiums 1/4 filled, for many schools this part wouldn't be a problem or change.

When was the last time Nebraska had a football season? Sorry. Slightly salty because H8fullGR8 does his national board schtick on home board. Came here just to see what y'all were up to since BTN has been putting on an Iowa beatdown of Nebraska marathon today.

Hope we have a season. Would hate to wait another year to beat Nebraska in football for the 6th consecutive time.

Okay enough of that. Hope you are all healthy and well. Buddha bless!

When was the last time Nebraska had a football season? Sorry. Slightly salty because H8fullGR8 does his national board schtick on home board. Came here just to see what y'all were up to since BTN has been putting on an Iowa beatdown of Nebraska marathon today.

Hope we have a season. Would hate to wait another year to beat Nebraska in football for the 6th consecutive time.

Okay enough of that. Hope you are all healthy and well. Buddha bless!
Good lord you iowa fans are the most pathetic losers. Collectively Iowa fans are the trash of college football.

Why is the Fidone thread locked? Please open it again so we can contain the Iowa scum to one thread.

Never has 5 successful seasons gone to a fan bases head more than 2015-2019 for Iowa fan.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting just finished reading it...

College Football season and starting and competing with the NCAA Basketball tournament would really be interesting how they would work that out on March weekends..

Especially ESPN,ABC,CBS etc,etc..
That was my first thought as well.

Reactions: scarletred
Iowa fan: we Nebraska fans have conceded that Iowa has had a better football program from 2015-2019 and although Iowa has zero championship trophies to show for the golden age of Iowa football, it’s still been a decent run.

Now, kindly go back to the husker board East and continue to pray that KF discovers the fountain of youth and never retires. Coaching consistency is the only reason Iowa football has attained it’s ceiling of 8 wins per season with the occasional 9-10 win season sprinkled in. :)

Reactions: tyrusraymondcobb
Like this medical expert?

EVaafZMXkAAEgGV

EVbJA4EWAAAI4Ek
Did you guys know that Fauci is involved in a worldwide conspiracy along with Zuckerberg, Clintons, China, Big Pharma, Gates...his whole goal is to make everybody buy vaccines so that the conspiracy can get richer...so he told everybody to not care about it so it would get out of control, then he told everybody to care about it so not everybody would get antibodies, and now we all have to get vaccine...I saw this on the internet.

Reactions: PeliniTheCrutch
Iowa fan: we Nebraska fans have conceded that Iowa has had a better football program from 2015-2019 and although Iowa has zero championship trophies to show for the golden age of Iowa football, it’s still been a decent run.

Now, kindly go back to the husker board East and continue to pray that KF discovers the fountain of youth and never retires. Coaching consistency is the only reason Iowa football has attained it’s ceiling of 8 wins per season with the occasional 9-10 win season sprinkled in. :)

please don’t rail road this thread and have the mods lock it up with this crap again.;)

please don’t rail road this thread and have the mods lock it up with this crap again.;)
Agreed, however, can you tell me when the mods started locking threads instead of just banning Iowa fans? @SWIowahawks must have some kind of influence because he’s an absolute tool on the husker board East and provides zero substance to this board.

Agreed, however, can you tell me when the mods started locking threads instead of just banning Iowa fans? @SWIowahawks must have some kind of influence because he’s an absolute tool on the husker board East and provides zero substance to this board.

I don’t have a problem with SWiowahawks.. it’s his other cronies that are the major problem..

what's the AD of harvard say about having a football season?

newsflash: football players take online classes even when regular school's in session. remember this? https://thespun.com/big-ten/ohio-st...veals-hes-taking-online-courses-at-ohio-state

it's not important, at all, that college kids physically attend school. even Dr Fauci said he sees school-aged kids going back in the fall.

let me know when an AD of a large public university that makes hundreds of millions off of football says he wants to wait for the CDC to decide what's safe. then I'll listen.

until then, get your facepaint ready for a regularly scheduled week 1.
Lawyers. Litigation. Venues will need to be protected much like the Ski Resorts. If Colorado did not have legislation in place protecting ski areas from suits, there would be no ski industry.

Even playing the games without fans there will still be some money lost if no one can attend games..

Yes,TV contracts will help pay for it, but there will still be revenue lost..
some revenue lost >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> all revenue lost

I have heard talk that it could start in Feb. However I question if that is even a possibility. If it is bad enough in Aug that we are unable to have a season why would things be better in Feb. That is the peak for illnesses to spread. If it is bad in Aug it will probably be even worse in Feb. My guess is IF there is no football in Aug, there will be no football in Feb and probably not at all for the 2020 season. May not even be 2021 until there is a vaccine.

Reactions: headcard
I have heard talk that it could start in Feb. However I question if that is even a possibility. If it is bad enough in Aug that we are unable to have a season why would things be better in Feb. That is the peak for illnesses to spread. If it is bad in Aug it will probably be even worse in Feb. My guess is IF there is no football in Aug, there will be no football in Feb and probably not at all for the 2020 season. May not even be 2021 until there is a vaccine.
I think the reasoning is that we should have a vaccine by Jan.

Most viruses run their course after a few months, when they run out of the most vulnerable hosts.

This virus affects almost nobody under the age of 25, so I am pretty sure they will be able to play. The only question is whether it's in front of empty stadiums this fall, or they delay the season until spring.

Most viruses run their course after a few months, when they run out of the most vulnerable hosts.

This virus affects almost nobody under the age of 25, so I am pretty sure they will be able to play. The only question is whether it's in front of empty stadiums this fall, or they delay the season until spring.
If those who get it stay immune, yes. There was a report out of South Korea where they are concerned people who already had it are becoming reinfected. If this turns into a seasonal Flu type deal. We could be dealing with it for a long time until vaccine is released and perfected. Even the flu vaccine, which had went through full testing and has been around for decades is at best 60% effective at worst not at all. When we do get a vaccine, it is going to take awhile to get it effective enough to shut this down.

folks, this is posturing of the highest order. a snippet:

That was one conclusion drawn by those on the call because the message to Pence from that group was clear: There will be no college football until students are allowed on campus.

"Our players are students. If we're not in college, we're not having contests," said Big 12 commissioner Bob Bowlsby, who was on the call.

"Our message was, we need to get universities and colleges back open, that we were education-based programs, and we weren't going to have sports until we had something closer to normal college going on," he added.

raise your hand if you believe one word coming out of Mr Bowlsby's mouth

LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing

Reactions: bluenrg
If those who get it stay immune, yes. There was a report out of South Korea where they are concerned people who already had it are becoming reinfected. If this turns into a seasonal Flu type deal. We could be dealing with it for a long time until vaccine is released and perfected. Even the flu vaccine, which had went through full testing and has been around for decades is at best 60% effective at worst not at all. When we do get a vaccine, it is going to take awhile to get it effective enough to shut this down.

The report out of South Korea was likely due to defective tests giving false positives. Every virus results in antibodies, so there should be immunity for a while, at least a few months if not a few years.

A vaccine will not solve everything, many people still get the flu after getting a flu shot. We need to get herd immunity, and that's not going to happen with everybody locked in their houses.

The whole point of "flattening the curve" was to prevent hospitals from getting overrun - well , most hospitals are empty and are laying off nurses and staff. Even New York now has a surplus of ventilators and is donating them back by the hundreds. The most vulnerable and people in hot spots should still stay home if they can, the rest of us can make our own decisions and weigh the risks and consequences.

Last edited:

folks, this is posturing of the highest order. a snippet:

That was one conclusion drawn by those on the call because the message to Pence from that group was clear: There will be no college football until students are allowed on campus.

"Our players are students. If we're not in college, we're not having contests," said Big 12 commissioner Bob Bowlsby, who was on the call.

"Our message was, we need to get universities and colleges back open, that we were education-based programs, and we weren't going to have sports until we had something closer to normal college going on," he added.

raise your hand if you believe one word coming out of Mr Bowlsby's mouth

LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing

Told ya so.;)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT