Will we have a season?

Will we have a season?

• Yes

Votes: 102 49.3%
  • No

Votes: 105 50.7%

• Total voters
pop the champaign if you want.

I'll continue to wait and see. it's easy to grandstand now. won't be so easy in 5 months when bills can't be paid, jobs are being lost and citizens are up in arms.

'education-based programs'. what a joke!

Let’s wait 4 months and see where we are...If fact we need to see where we are June 1st for that matter..

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
I agree, June 1st will be the canary in the will-the-season-start-on-time coal mine.
Haven't most coaches said then need at min 6-8 weeks to prepare. Using that as an absolute worst case time line. Season starts Aug 29th. So July 18 would be 6 weeks. Ideally starting beginning of July.

this is good because:
A.) Rovell is a clown and it's always funny to see him get dunked on.

&

B.) the smaller the piece of the revenue pie fans are the more likely we'll get college football on time this fall.

Interesting, so there could be a season without , or very limited #of, fans in the stadium, maybe some non-conference cup cakes get canceled. This will widen the gap between power 5 and all lower divisions, a massive boost to our walk on program if there is social distancing for the next 16 to 24 months.

I'm so sorry you have to live under the limp-wristed rule of Garcetti (a known and proven imbecile) and Newsome (the fakest tryhard ever to hold office).

These people have no clue what they're doing, and it's more and more evident every single day.

Meanwhile, Dr Fauci said baseball can return on the 4th of July right in these idiots' faces.

Won't be the first time morons in charge of CA send vast amounts of revenue out of state.

Its not a huge deal. Dodger Stadium is a shady place most of the time if you root for an opposing team. Probably for the best

I'm so sorry you have to live under the limp-wristed rule of Garcetti (a known and proven imbecile) and Newsome (the fakest tryhard ever to hold office).

These people have no clue what they're doing, and it's more and more evident every single day.

Meanwhile, Dr Fauci said baseball can return on the 4th of July right in these idiots' faces.

Won't be the first time morons in charge of CA send vast amounts of revenue out of state.
California and especially LA are way ahead of the flattened curve goal so whatever measures may have helped I am grateful

Let’s wait 4 months and see where we are...If fact we need to see where we are June 1st for that matter..
I've said for a couple of months now that May 1st will be a day that will tell us a lot about where we're headed as a country. I'm sticking to my guns on that. By then just about everybody should have experienced their peak. New York and the west coast should be well past it. By May 1st some decisions need to be made to get people back to work. We can't wait another 8 months to get businesses opened back up. At some point a decision has to be made that the economy does matter in this deal. Hopefully I'm not one that dies because we didn't lock the country down and completely destroy our way of life.. But hey if it saves 100,000 jobs, I guess I'm willing to take the dive.

Nebraska President Carter, says he doesn’t think AD’s Coaches want college football to be played in empty stadiums.

Reactions: bluenrg

not surprisingly, Big 12 ADs disagree with the Big 12 commissioner's comments to the VP.

make no mistake: without 1 football season, college sports as we know it will collapse under the weight of tremendous debt.

TCU's AD: “The first thing is to play the games,” Donati said. “That’s the top priority because of our television contract with the Big 12 is very lucrative.”

Reactions: bluenrg
You are correct here. Had 3 straight days up Cubs tickets and ended up wearing Dodger shit the final two games after the threats I took. Chavez Ravine area sucks to high hell.
Yeah Cubs fan too. I actually bought the super expensive seats behind the home plate area so I could wear my gear without fear of shivving. It was pretty cool. It's not often you get to talk to Tommy Lasorda and Paula Abdul

Reactions: leodisflowers
California and especially LA are way ahead of the flattened curve goal so whatever measures may have helped I am grateful

Everywhere in the U.S. has managed this fine except for the New York City area and New Orleans. That's because of population density, reliance on public transportation, and Mardi Gras. Half of the deaths in the U.S. are just in the NYC area.

People were saying that Florida and Texas were going to be as bad as New York, yet that never happened, not even close. Texas has one of the lowest death rates. California/LA were spared mostly because everyone drives instead of using public transportation and it is way more sprawled out than most urban areas. The warmer temperatures and sunlight/Vitamin D also likely helped.

I've said for a couple of months now that May 1st will be a day that will tell us a lot about where we're headed as a country. I'm sticking to my guns on that. By then just about everybody should have experienced their peak. New York and the west coast should be well past it. By May 1st some decisions need to be made to get people back to work. We can't wait another 8 months to get businesses opened back up. At some point a decision has to be made that the economy does matter in this deal. Hopefully I'm not one that dies because we didn't lock the country down and completely destroy our way of life.. But hey if it saves 100,000 jobs, I guess I'm willing to take the dive.
Yep, every life is important. The hard part is determining which are more important. Is losing 1% of the population better than 30 or 40% unemployment? People losing jobs, houses, unable to feed their families, increases deaths from suicides, starvation, alcoholism, drugs. Those whose loved one is part of that 1% sure think 40% unemployment is better. I know I would. The thought of possibly not being able to support my family because I don't have a job is also terrifying.
I guarantee there are people with their numbers, graphs, analytics and charts trying to determine that as we speak. At some point in the near future "waiting this out" isn't going to be an option and a tough decision will have to be made

Yep, every life is important. The hard part is determining which are more important. Is losing 1% of the population better than 30 or 40% unemployment? People losing jobs, houses, unable to feed their families, increases deaths from suicides, starvation, alcoholism, drugs. Those whose loved one is part of that 1% sure think 40% unemployment is better. I know I would. The thought of possibly not being able to support my family because I don't have a job is also terrifying.
I guarantee there are people with their numbers, graphs, analytics and charts trying to determine that as we speak. At some point in the near future "waiting this out" isn't going to be an option and a tough decision will have to be made
This all this^^^^^^^all day long.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT