ADVERTISEMENT

Will we ever be able to recruit a ...

onechase

Senior
Gold Member
Jan 5, 2005
top notch 5 star wide receiver to Nebraska like the ones playing at LSU and Alabama? Even Baylor had athletic, fast, able to run after the catch- wide receivers today. Why can we never recruit any of these top players to Nebraska?

top notch 5 star wide receiver to Nebraska like the ones playing at LSU and Alabama? Even Baylor had athletic, fast, able to run after the catch- wide receivers today. Why can we never recruit any of these top players to Nebraska?

Because there are plenty of other good schools for players to choose from.

I really think you might need to talk to someone. You seem a bit off and really depressed.

Do you have anyone you can talk to?

Plenty of good individual players come here. Not enough in recent years. Building a total program has been a failure since Osborne. Frost is supposed to change that, he needs time.

5 star players are rarely going to come here. That's reality. Until we get back to mid 90s level those type of prospects will go elsewhere. There are many years where there isn't a single 5 star player in the state or a contiguous state.

Reactions: Dean Pope
hDC03828F

I really think you might need to talk to someone. You seem a bit off and really depressed.

Do you have anyone you can talk to?

My wife is a therapist. Let me know and I can get you hooked up with somebody. Her specialty isn’t depression, but she knows a lot of other good therapists.

Mo Purify was about as close to a 5* that we've had at least in the last 20 years. Dude was a beast

No, we've never been able to recruit a WR that is the #1 draft pick! Shut the program down!...

Quincy Enunwa
Kenny Bell
Niles Paul

Stanley
DPE
Reilly
Westerkamp

That's just from the past 10 years. We've had plenty of very good WRs.

post: 5589613, member: 6198"]top notch 5 star wide receiver to Nebraska like the ones playing at LSU and Alabama? Even Baylor had athletic, fast, able to run after the catch- wide receivers today. Why can we never recruit any of these top players to Nebraska?[/QUOTE] one and
Manning is close as iS Betts but to your note I would say not in this era. Why would they ?

Alabama's 5* Jeudy just dropped a sure TD. Way easier ball in same type of situation that Kanawai Noa had last week.

Reactions: dinglefritz
I look at good teams around the country and they seem to have some really good wide receivers year after year. Just wondering why not at Nebraska. When was the last time we had a really explosive wide receiver. Johnny Mitchell comes to mind but that was a long time ago and I think he played tight end.

Mo is comparable to Najee Harris. Add 20 pounds of muscle and put him in his Senior year and that’s what you get. Kill me if I’m wrong.

I look at good teams around the country and they seem to have some really good wide receivers year after year. Just wondering why not at Nebraska. When was the last time we had a really explosive wide receiver. Johnny Mitchell comes to mind but that was a long time ago and I think he played tight end.
You are right, the lack of quality WR is a HUGE problem for our offense right now.

Receivers are seriously a dime a dozen... yes you need some with height some with speed and all need hands... I don’t think the problem is Necessarily Our receivers... it all starts with the o-line... very very few receivers will get open or run a quality route with 1.5 seconds... which is about how long it’s taking the opposing d to get in our back field... get some pass pro and you’ll automatically see i big difference in our receivers...

I Bett we can!!!

ZB is the best WR I’ve ever seen Nebraska land since I’ve been on this board and I don’t even think it’s close. Should be a 5 star
I obviously am not trying to take anything away from
Betts but let’s pump the breaks a little he hasn’t played a snap at the college level... but for receivers that can make plays after the catch we have had a few.. don’t forget about Mo Purify, that guy I do believable was even a 5* juco transfer... made some amazing catches, then you have Enunwa (sorry probably spelled that wrong) but he was great for us plus as done pretty darn good in the NFL...And let’s not forget about Morgan either... and we could dig even further back if need be... and I’ll just leave you with two names that you’ll recognize from this year, wan’del and JD... both can make moves after the catch... just need to get the ball to them and or give them time to run their route...

More 4 stars at any position would be a step in the right direction. the "diamond in a rough" shit is getting really old.

Quincy Enunwa
Kenny Bell
Niles Paul

Stanley
DPE
Reilly
Westerkamp

That's just from the past 10 years. We've had plenty of very good WRs.
None of those guys are near what Alabama has. They have at least 4 receivers that are way better than any you listed.

LSU doesnt have a 5 star wr on the roster. Jefferson was a 3 star and chase was a 4 star. We have betts and hopefully manning coming who are that body type and that level.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT