ADVERTISEMENT

Will the TP folk....

Since there are so few test kits, in the United States anyway, there are pretty strict guidelines. Bryan in Lincoln, for instance, will get 50 kits a month. That's two to use per day. So they will have to be very particular on who to test. It won't be a deal like South Korea where they test 12,000 a day.

It will get even more interesting in the coming months as SARS CoV-2 spreads and seasonal spring allergies hit.

Since there are so few test kits, in the United States anyway, there are pretty strict guidelines. Bryan in Lincoln, for instance, will get 50 kits a month. That's two to use per day. So they will have to be very particular on who to test. It won't be a deal like South Korea where they test 12,000 a day.

It will get even more interesting in the coming months as SARS CoV-2 spreads and seasonal spring allergies hit.
Heard yesterday that Mayo developed a test and 500,000 tests will be available soon. Anybody know what soon means?

Reactions: OzzyLvr

The good thing is the drive thrus planned. The psychology of putting them in restocked walmarts, brilliant.

I tried buying diapers online at both costco and sams size four sold out of their brands. Update kirkland is out of all sizes and sams 3,4,5

The good thing is the drive thrus planned. The psychology of putting them in restocked walmarts, brilliant.
I agree. The South Koreans have really shown "the west" how it should be done. Make it fast. Make it free. And make it safe.

I wish we would also have had a US drug company working on this 2 1/2 months ago like South Korea did, but our drug companies are more worried about advertising and hiring more lobbyists.

Reactions: redinten
I agree. The South Koreans have really shown "the west" how it should be done. Make it fast. Make it free. And make it safe.

I wish we would also have had a US drug company working on this 2 1/2 months ago like South Korea did, but our drug companies are more worried about advertising and hiring more lobbyists.
There were also regulations and red tape unfortunately. It reminds me of the san fran earthquake, where all thr bridged freeways collapsed, that it would take over two years to rebuild, they had a contactor come in, say he could get it done in nine months, for slightly less the costs.
They had to waive all their red tape, regulations too, nine months later, people were on the new roads.

I tried buying diapers online at both costco and sams size four sold out of their brands. Update kirkland is out of all sizes and sams 3,4,5

Are you in the 402? I can check with the wife to see if we have some left over if you can’t find any. It seems we always bought a huge box right before an unexpected growth spurt and had a bunch left over.

hoard the tests whether symptomatic or not?

I hope the TP scenario isn't expanded to testing once available.
It will be a triage prioritization by the medical community. I expect there will ultimately be a surge in test availability but yes it will take a bit of time to accomplish that surge. Can't put a date on it right now.

In the mean time you won't just be able to pull a test off of a shelf like toilet paper.

Walmart, target, Costco and others will probably limit to the customers 1 12 pack of tp per customer same as hand sanitizers. When this is over these people that have $500 worth of toilet paper in the back closet will make the mice very happy.

Walmart, target, Costco and others will probably limit to the customers 1 12 pack of tp per customer same as hand sanitizers. When this is over these people that have $500 worth of toilet paper in the back closet will make the mice very happy.

I hope someone breaks into the houses of those with that much TP, and TPs their yard with their own supply!

Are you in the 402? I can check with the wife to see if we have some left over if you can’t find any. It seems we always bought a huge box right before an unexpected growth spurt and had a bunch left over.

My wife kept checking target online daily until they had some in stock so she ordered 1 for us and 1 for the person that watches her during the day. Thanks for the offer though.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT