ADVERTISEMENT

Will PSU, OSU, UM, and NEB have a call together?

Do you realize that Nebraska's status is lower third of the B1G right now? If the conference powers were going to "have a call", it sure as hell wouldn't include us.
Another reason why we have to win now, and I don't mean 6 wins. Being Illinoise, Purdue, Rutgers, Maryland are not getting us into a 2 super power 20 team conference.

I'd love to scrap athletic conferences altogether, and get back to a more regional scheduling model, with a true 16 or 32 team playoff at the end of the season.

I think the non-revenue sports will go that way soon. The travel costs for sports like women's basketball, softball, soccer, volleyball, baseball, wrestling, etc. would be much cheaper if they mostly played closer schools within driving distance. Why fly all the way to Rutgers or Maryland, when they could instead just take a bus to play KU, ISU, KSU, Creighton, Missouri, Wichita State, etc.

You could still have academic conferences like the Big Ten Academic Alliance, I don't see why athletics would have anything to do with that.
Except that NU academics become today’s KSU football in that scenario.

Titanic was a huge hit in 1997.

Oh, there was also a move about the ship starring Leonardo DiCaprio.

Not trying to be a smart ass but just give it a thought a Nebraska fan is the only one that would possibly put Neb. in that group. You haven't been a blue blood since the 90s and the old big 8.
Not trying to be a smart ass but just give it a thought the only fans here on the Nebraska boards trying to tell Nebraska fans that Nebraska isn't a top ten all time CFB team are never has been east of counciltucky jerkoffs.

Seems to make no economic sense as Big 10 schools make more per school than the SEC. Might change when OU and Texas join but too early to tell. Ohio State finances better than any school except maybe Texas and it dominate the conference like OU dominates the Big 12. Can't image what the incentive would be for tOSU.

I know it, and you know it.
No we don't. Neither one of us know what criteria the SEC might use if it decides to invite additional teams. They might consider the team's historic national prominence and overlook recent crappy play, just like they did with Texas.

Reactions: Bugeater
I don’t see that call happening. But throw on your Starter jacket and wait by the phone. Just in case…

ADVERTISEMENT