ADVERTISEMENT

Will NU go for 2 every time?

salsa red

Junior
Dec 25, 2019
I think Frost goes for 2 every time unless we build a good lead or are getting blown out. What do you guys think?

• Wow
Reactions: cidsports
I think Frost goes for 2 every time unless we build a good lead or are getting blown out. What do you guys think?
Nice thought, but I doubt it. I think this is one place Culp can be (fairly) automatic. I know we missed one last week, but that wasn’t Culp.

If we only go for two moving forward, then we may as well go for it on 4th down all the time as well. If you don’t trust your kicker for extra points, you absolutely don’t trust him on field goals.

frost would be in a catch 22, if martinez didn't convert, they would ask why go for 2, and he would have to throw the kicker under the bus.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Nice thought, but I doubt it. I think this is one place Culp can be (fairly) automatic. I know we missed one last week, but that wasn’t Culp.

If we only go for two moving forward, then we may as well go for it on 4th down all the time as well. If you don’t trust your kicker for extra points, you absolutely don’t trust him on field goals.

Didn't he miss one in each of the losses on the road?

Reactions: BleedRed78

See Illinois game

See Illinois game
That’s why I said (fairly) automatic. He has missed one extra point, made the rest. Is that automatic? Nope. But it is (fairly) automatic.

Make sense?

Edit: (tail between my legs) my bad, evidently Culp missed 2 extra points against Illinois. Sorry @BleedRed78.

Last edited:
Reactions: Anegada1
If you have a OL capable of pushing the DL back a couple of yards on most plays, maybe. With our OL? Not so much.

Reactions: Jarofflies
I ref high school football games in my state and can attest to the fact that 90% of extra points are made by kickers. Field goals are a different story, but kicking try‘s, between the hash’s—it‘s almost a lock.

Doubt it. SF didn't change the type of snap they were using when Jurgens was snapping it 3 ft over Adrian's left shoulder every game twice a game last year.

I think they will have him play through it. It seems there is no tactical adjustment with Frost to maybe help win games in the short term. I think it's just his way of coaching.

And then again maybe there really isn't anyone better. Maybe he's lights out in practice but gets stage fright.

ADVERTISEMENT