ADVERTISEMENT

Will it ever end

I think he has lol. Believe he made a reference to that after the first day of spring practice.

Good!! Winking

Humble-Pie-11.jpg

Reactions: CatColumbia
It's like 2 years old? Where have you been?
No matter what Scott Frost wanted in a QB. Was Joe Burrow interested in coming to Lincoln after Frost became head coach. He was interested in coming to Lincoln after his sophomore in high school living in Athens, Oh. where his dad was Defensive Co-ordinator for Frank Solich at Ohio University. He was smart enough after his 3rd year in Columbus, Oh. to figure out that LSU had a lot better group of wide receivers and offensive line to finish out his college career there versus Lincoln, Ne. Plus his dad is from nearby Mississippi. Let's all be realistic.

Reactions: scarletred
No matter what Scott Frost wanted in a QB. Was Joe Burrow interested in coming to Lincoln after Frost became head coach. He was interested in coming to Lincoln after his sophomore in high school living in Athens, Oh. where his dad was Defensive Co-ordinator for Frank Solich at Ohio University. He was smart enough after his 3rd year in Columbus, Oh. to figure out that LSU had a lot better group of wide receivers and offensive line to finish out his college career there versus Lincoln, Ne. Plus his dad is from nearby Mississippi. Let's all be realistic.

If Frost offered, Burrow would have come to Nebraska in a heartbeat.

Joe Burrow you say (glances over at 18 year old who hadn't played football since 11th because of injured shoulder).....do you think he's better than what WE GOT???

I knew that quote was gone haunt us when he made it and I had the same answer Trey Wingo had tnite on national tv. YES SCOTT....YES WE DO. A QB whose healthy, 2 years older, played for Urban Meyer for 2 years almost beat out future 1st round pick D Haskins for the job.

I understand 3 star coming out of high school not taking him. Frankly I don't think he would have survived Mike Riley. I've always imagined if Adrian would have been able to sit for 2 years and NOT have had all that pressure on him how good he would have been. I hope a true freshman is never forced to be starting QB at NU ever again unless it's for an injury.

Reactions: PeliniTheCrutch
So to be honest about the quote thing...

First off it was a reporter asking about a player who was still fighting for his spot at Ohio State when the question was asked.

Dennis Dodd is a MU grad, asked about Burrow right after Adrian Martinez had an excellent spring game in 2018. Frost asked if they thought Burrow was better than Gebbia and Martinez, both highly regarded prospects.

And for 16 months, Frost appeared completely correct.

As a freshman Martinez had a higher completion % than Burrow, threw for more yards per game than Burrow, had a better QB rating and threw for more touchdowns. Not to mention Martinez ran for more yardage and TD’s.

Headed into the 2019 season Martinez was tied for the top 3 in Heisman odds, Burrow wasn’t even in the top 40 at the time.

Hindsight is great, but if you asked football people from April of 2018-September of 2019 who they would take at QB between Burrow and Martinez, I think most would have taken Martinez.

It makes for a rah rah Frost is an idiot quote by the media for laughs. But considering the only visits Burrow had as a grad transfer were to Cincinnati and LSU, he wasn’t exactly highly sought after even as a grad transfer.

So to be honest about the quote thing...

First off it was a reporter asking about a player who was still fighting for his spot at Ohio State when the question was asked.

Dennis Dodd is a MU grad, asked about Burrow right after Adrian Martinez had an excellent spring game in 2018. Frost asked if they thought Burrow was better than Gebbia and Martinez, both highly regarded prospects.

And for 16 months, Frost appeared completely correct.

As a freshman Martinez had a higher completion % than Burrow, threw for more yards per game than Burrow, had a better QB rating and threw for more touchdowns. Not to mention Martinez ran for more yardage and TD’s.

Headed into the 2019 season Martinez was tied for the top 3 in Heisman odds, Burrow wasn’t even in the top 40 at the time.

Hindsight is great, but if you asked football people from April of 2018-September of 2019 who they would take at QB between Burrow and Martinez, I think most would have taken Martinez.

It makes for a rah rah Frost is an idiot quote by the media for laughs. But considering the only visits Burrow had as a grad transfer were to Cincinnati and LSU, he wasn’t exactly highly sought after even as a grad transfer.
a-effing-men, brother.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
After leading the Bengals to their first Super Bowl title in their franchises history, Burrow was quoted after receiving the SB LXI MVP trophy "I wanted to go to Nebraska, but they told me I wasn't good enough" before the classic "I'm going to Disney World"!

But considering the only visits Burrow had as a grad transfer were to Cincinnati and LSU, he wasn’t exactly highly sought after even as a grad transfer.

His father said that he had many offers, including one from Alabama. (Joe said he didn't want to go to Alabama to play behind Tua) Joe visited LSU and fell in love with it and didn't pussyfoot around. If you watch the spring games at OSU, you can see Joe's amazing touch and accuracy. (still posted on Youtube) Everyone at OSU knew Joe was very good, but Haskins came in cold and won the Michigan game after entering it with OSU behind. Unless Haskins totally fell on his *ss in the spring, there was no way the coaches could start Joe over Haskins. Two very good players and only one job.

His father said that he had many offers, including one from Alabama. (Joe said he didn't want to go to Alabama to play behind Tua) Joe visited LSU and fell in love with it and didn't pussyfoot around. If you watch the spring games at OSU, you can see Joe's amazing touch and accuracy. (still posted on Youtube) Everyone at OSU knew Joe was very good, but Haskins came in cold and won the Michigan game after entering it with OSU behind. Unless Haskins totally fell on his *ss in the spring, there was no way the coaches could start Joe over Haskins. Two very good players and only one job.

Honest question: do Buckeye fans believe that OSU would have been better last year (and possibly national champions) with Burrow instead of Fields?

maybe a few dissenting posts around here at the time about scott (or bo for that matter) passing on jb.
most, as i remember, echoed scott’s sentiment.
a few saw it was a missed opportunity.
am was considered a pretty big coup for scott at the time.
somehow now, some think we were far more prescient than scott.
we werent.
thats the real rewrite.

maybe a few dissenting posts around here at the time about scott (or bo for that matter) passing on jb.
most, as i remember, echoed scott’s sentiment.
a few saw it was a missed opportunity.
am was considered a pretty big coup for scott at the time.
somehow now, some think we were far more prescient than scott.
we werent.
thats the real rewrite.
Well didn’t Scott say when he got here that he would not let these type of legacy / in state talent get away anymore. So then why when s highly rated and raved about QB says he wants N did he go against his own philosophy. Nothing anyone can do about it now, but the Klowns at ESPN stepped on our Pringle’s Cans on a national stage tonight. Good lord our drafts have been ugly for awhile now. Time to change this CrP now!

Reactions: Husker_AMG63
Honest question: do Buckeye fans believe that OSU would have been better last year (and possibly national champions) with Burrow instead of Fields?
Somewhat better year. Burrow was more durable than Fields who played about 5 games on a bad knee. OSU's defense lost the game against Clemson by not stopping Clemson with about 4 minutes left.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT