ADVERTISEMENT

Will Iowa still be ranked after they finish 11-3?

That's different.

It may not be for Snohomish but for me it is about lack of respect. Especially in comparison to Ohio State. Ohio State is defending National Champs and have proven they can play with the big boys. Iowa, has been crap since we have joined the Big Ten. No doubt they are improved this year, and will probably beat NU on Friday but it's going to take multiple good years for me to believe Iowa is over the Ferentz "hump."

It may not be for Snohomish but for me it is about lack of respect. Especially in comparison to Ohio State. Ohio State is defending National Champs and have proven they can play with the big boys. Iowa, has been crap since we have joined the Big Ten. No doubt they are improved this year, and will probably beat NU on Friday but it's going to take multiple good years for me to believe Iowa is over the Ferentz "hump."
I agree its not like there has been some magical transformation of Iowa football - recrutiing is not better - coaching is the same - They just are having good year and a lot of that is schedule

I just can't get over how large the anger and hatred for Iowa has grown amongst the Husker fanbase in the last 8 weeks. Most (certainly not all) are just in plain denial that what Iowa is doing deserves any credit at all. The arguments being brought up against Iowa's 10-0 start are all over the place. And here's the kicker...most are just praying that Iowa goes up against Ohio St. in the B1G championship and gets killed.

Why? If the Hawks are 12-0 representing the West, why would you hope they get killed? If the roles were reversed, I would want NE to represent the West and win it all.

It would be kind of like LSU fans rooting for Alabama to lose in the SEC championship game, resulting in the SEC getting nobody into the playoffs, rather than letting Alabama represent the SEC West. As long as you had your chance to knock them off (and didn't), don't you want them to represent the conference well?

There is more insecurity in the Husker fanbase now than I have ever seen. Not insecure because they can't play with Alabama anymore on an annual basis. That's been accepted. But rather insecurity because it might be 20-25 years between conference championships.

THE HERMENATOR

I just can't get over how large the anger and hatred for Iowa has grown amongst the Husker fanbase in the last 8 weeks. Most (certainly not all) are just in plain denial that what Iowa is doing deserves any credit at all. The arguments being brought up against Iowa's 10-0 start are all over the place. And here's the kicker...most are just praying that Iowa goes up against Ohio St. in the B1G championship and gets killed.

Why? If the Hawks are 12-0 representing the West, why would you hope they get killed? If the roles were reversed, I would want NE to represent the West and win it all.

It would be kind of like LSU fans rooting for Alabama to lose in the SEC championship game, resulting in the SEC getting nobody into the playoffs, rather than letting Alabama represent the SEC West. As long as you had your chance to knock them off (and didn't), don't you want them to represent the conference well?

There is more insecurity in the Husker fanbase now than I have ever seen. Not insecure because they can't play with Alabama anymore on an annual basis. That's been accepted. But rather insecurity because it might be 20-25 years between conference championships.

THE HERMENATOR

You are basing your assumptions on a message board... Gotcha. You're a good dude Hermenator, and I actually like the discussion you bring. Why I don't want the Hawks to win if they beat us is for the reason listed by a few other posters. I actually think when it comes down to it that Ohio State could play with the big boys. I agree with Ohio State hasn't played shit on their schedule either, but they have way more talent that Iowa, and has already proved that they belong. To Iowa's credit, they have beat everyone on their schedule. We have no idea how it would play out at this time, but in my opinion if Iowa played Bama, Clemson, or others they would get rolled. It's not because of a hate of Iowa, I just think they have way more players than Iowa, and their coaching is either on par or superior than Iowa.

THE HERMENATOR
Insecurity - Yet here you are posting on a NU board - Who is insecure? dont bother answering that it pretty obvious - I think the NU fans are just calling it as they see it - has nothing to do with anything other than Iowa is not a great team but a good one with a weak schedule. The fact that Iowa canot accept that fact is the insecure part of everything. I think you guys would be better spending your time just knowing you are having a magical season and that yes schedule does have a bearing on this. Then when you are losing 5-6 games again next year the hawk fans will not completely melt down

THE HERMENATOR
I think the more realistic approach by most husker fans is that between Iowa and Ohio State, we believe Ohio State will be a much better representative for the B1G in the playoffs than Iowa will... If Iowa happened to win out, I think most believe they would have a very low chance of making any noise against the likes of Clemson, Alabama, maybe even Notre Dame should they get there. Ohio State proved it last year, and their team is not that much different than last year. They are playing differently, but still a lot of the same pieces.

I will say, Iowa reminds me just a little bit of Colorado or Kansas State from Big 8 / 12 days... When they rose up over the huskers, not a single fan wanted them to enjoy any success, regardless of conference affiliation. And here's why... If Iowa wins it all (that's hard to type), the Hawkeye fans are going to be insufferable for years to come. You may be able to relate, as Husker fan still relishes in the past. I can't imagine having to listen to Hawkeye fan go on for years over the 1 championship they would have won...

Call it insecure if you want, but it will take a lot more seasons like this for Iowa before Nebraska fan fully accepts the passing of the torch to Iowa... We aren't even close to that.

Just funny you have a premium account on the Michigan board, but this account you are using has 5 total posts.

Why not use your Michigan premium account then?

***I may be wrong here, but it does show that the account was created in 2003. By your posts you sound like a homer
Yes...you are wrong.

if Iowa were good more than once every five years, Nebraska would certainly be "besides themselves" with Iowa's success. But its just not the case. If Iowa cant beat NU this year, a year of total transition, they certainly wont deserve any respect. That simple.
Well...if you really want to go there...Iowa won a BCS bowl about 5 yrs ago?...NU has had at least 4 losses in 12 consecutive years. I'm certainly not a Hawkeye fan, but I have to respect their success.

ADVERTISEMENT