ADVERTISEMENT

Will Honas

so honas is going to beat out Avery Roberts?
Here is what I can tell you. We have this badass DC named Erik Chinander that wants fast, aggressive and edge rushing linebackers that can get to the edge, the QB and all around attack the ball. Will Honas is his number one target. If you saw our defense last season you would know our LB play was the weak point of our defense. That isn’t to say our defensive backfield and guys upfront weren’t also weak. But our LB’s couldn’t ever seem to tackle a RB to save there lives. So I tell ya, we need immediate help at LB and Will would start. He reminds me of Lavante David.

That's just not true. A coach can turn a nobody into an NFL caliber player and it happens all the time.

There's plenty of ways to prove coaching matters when it comes to judging NFL talent. You can look at the schools that put 3 star players in the NFL at a higher rate than other schools put their 3 star players. You can look at transfers and find out if their performance improved going from one school to another, etc.

+1

For example; J.J. Watt. 2 star nobody TE that played at Central Michigan and managed a whopping 77 yards on 8 receptions while there. Decided to transfer and walk-on at Wisconsin. Wisconsin moved him from TE to DE. I think it made a big difference.

Or how about that 2007 Nebraska defense? ZERO talent according to all the fans. New coach comes in and those talent-less players ended up being one of the best defenses in Nebraska history two years later.

Another Husker example would be our o-line this year. Four 4 star linemen ended up being maybe the worst o-line in Husker history? The recruiting rankings aren't going to be right about every player, but they just so happened to be wrong about 4 different 4 star players that just so happen to be coached by the same guy? I'm going to side with logic on this one and say our o-line coach sucked and not that the rankings whiffed.

Last Husker example. Nebraska taking 25 walk-on's and making them NFL draft picks. I highly doubt those players walk-on at Kansas or Temple and become NFL draft picks without the coaching, S&C, and exposure they received at Nebraska.

Iowa is graduating the top LB in the nation, plenty of room for Mr. Honas to come aboard.

I swear, the idiot herky parade is an endless stream of moronic blather.

Dumb-and-Dumber.jpg

Great get on Honas he was the only recruit you got that I would have liked to see as a Hawkeye.

I guess I don’t understand. Did the poor kid not know that Iowa is LB, TE, DB U?

Or did he just know that Iowa is the Jimmy Carter of college football?

Reactions: SOHusker11
+1

For example; J.J. Watt. 2 star nobody TE that played at Central Michigan and managed a whopping 77 yards on 8 receptions while there. Decided to transfer and walk-on at Wisconsin. Wisconsin moved him from TE to DE. I think it made a big difference.

Or how about that 2007 Nebraska defense? ZERO talent according to all the fans. New coach comes in and those talent-less players ended up being one of the best defenses in Nebraska history two years later.

Another Husker example would be our o-line this year. Four 4 star linemen ended up being maybe the worst o-line in Husker history? The recruiting rankings aren't going to be right about every player, but they just so happened to be wrong about 4 different 4 star players that just so happen to be coached by the same guy? I'm going to side with logic on this one and say our o-line coach sucked and not that the rankings whiffed.

Last Husker example. Nebraska taking 25 walk-on's and making them NFL draft picks. I highly doubt those players walk-on at Kansas or Temple and become NFL draft picks without the coaching, S&C, and exposure they received at Nebraska.
Great post, agree on all points.

Reactions: WHCSC
ADVERTISEMENT