ADVERTISEMENT

Will COVID change the US

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've said many times that our country is in a sad state when the best candidates we can get are the ones we have currently. I said the same thing the last election. I think the Democrats screwed up big time when they ran off Tulsi Gabbard. She would have drawn a lot of Republican crossover and would have won independants. Instead we'll get Crazy Joe against Daffy Donald.

I guess this is where my superficial male side comes shining through. I liked her because she was pretty hot, but she also represents my somewhat moderate political stance. Plus I've always supported our military.

But I don't mind Joe Biden. He's still a capitalist, but supports the ACA. As you've probably already surmised, I'll vote for him over Trump.

I guess this is where my superficial male side comes shining through. I liked her because she was pretty hot, but she also represents my somewhat moderate political stance. Plus I've always supported our military.

But I don't mind Joe Biden. He's still a capitalist, but supports the ACA. As you've probably already surmised, I'll vote for him over Trump.
I won't. The ACA is a disaster in my book. It was a thinly veiled take over of private insurance. My son ended up on Obamacare and then developed MERSA in a sports injury. He was very lucky to have parents who could afford to make up the shortcomings of Obamacare. There is nothing affordable about the ACA and it has virtually ended competition by private medical insurers in some states. I don't like insurance companies but I don't want the government running my health care.JMO

Gabbard was very electable.

Even if you have ACA ( Medica here in Nebraska). You still have to have money for deductibles single or family and you still have a out of pocket to pay for also..

Even if you have ACA ( Medica here in Nebraska). You still have to have money for deductibles single or family and you still have a out of pocket to pay for also..
the rates are ridiculous and the coverage is crappy. IF you don't have a medical catastrophe or a very minor problem, the coverage is terrible. We lived it. He quit grad school and got an engineering job with great health insurance benefits. A shoe string relative of ours has had some medical issues and his family health insurance premium through Obamacare in Nebraska is over $35,000 per year. I have no idea what his deductible is. How is that affordable?

Reactions: leodisflowers
the rates are ridiculous and the coverage is crappy. IF you don't have a medical catastrophe or a very minor problem, the coverage is terrible. We lived it. He quit grad school and got an engineering job with great health insurance benefits. A shoe string relative of ours has had some medical issues and his family health insurance premium through Obamacare in Nebraska is over $35,000 per year. I have no idea what his deductible is. How is that affordable?

It’s not... My point was the ACA isn’t free like Bernie wants to make it out too be..

It isn't affordable. Good point. Excellent reason to switch over to a single-payer system.

Which is exactly why the ACA was passed. It was designed to fail so that we would be forced in to a completely government controlled socialized system.

You can look at it that way. I've wondered about that too. It's also entirely possible that the plan was attempted, and that with large private insurance companies still providing most of the coverage, this was going to be the outcome no matter what.

You can look at it that way. I've wondered about that too. It's also entirely possible that the plan was attempted, and that with large private insurance companies still providing most of the coverage, this was going to be the outcome no matter what.
The analysis within weeks of it passing done by a large medical group and a University Medical school was exactly that. Their analysis was that there was no way it could succeed and that it would drive rates through the roof. It's been a bonanza for hospitals and that is who it was designed to help more than citizens. Michelle's former hospital clients in Chicago are getting PAAAAAIDDDDDDUH. Follow the money.

Last edited:
Do you think this virus will forever change the US? By that I mean will we see immigration changes. Health care changed? New laws and regulations? Social interactions? Spending habits? Work habits? How we interact with the rest of the world? Do you see the US as well as other countries becoming more self reliant?
Or do you think once this is all over we go back to how things were.

Years ago this country decided we could not be so dependent on foreign oil. I hope that the one thing that comes from this is we stop relying on China for the production of so many products and medications.

Last edited:
And then there's those that don't have group health insurance available and make too much money for Obamacare. Yikes. There's a premium shocker! And no the answer isn't we need to just go to single payer. Government never is as efficient as private sector when there's competition and choices

And then there's those that don't have group health insurance available and make too much money for Obamacare. Yikes. There's a premium shocker! And no the answer isn't we need to just go to single payer. Government never is as efficient as private sector when there's competition and choices

You are incorrect. That is not how healthcare functions. Not everything works like that.

The analysis within weeks of it passing done by a large medical group and a University Medical school was exactly that. Their analysis was that there was no way it could succeed and that it would drive rates through the roof. It's been a bonanza for hospitals and that is who it was designed to help more than citizens. Michelle's former hospital clients in Chicago are getting PAAAAAIDDDDDDUH. Follow the money.

That's some seriously poor thinking, bud. But anyway, all the more reason to support a single payer system, then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT