ADVERTISEMENT

Will Compton on PMT

8 rushing TDs 539 rushing yards

Wisconsin QB threw the ball less than 10 times for less than 100 yards.

That's on Bo Pelini. Compton claims worst game he has ever been apart of.

Melvin Gordon 9 carries 216 yards.

Bo was a good coach.. Won 9+ minimum.

He never should have let Papuchus run the defense.

Watch what Bo's defense does at LSU (again).
The ONLY time Papuchis made any defensive calls was for the second half of that game that they took Pelini to the hospital at half time. Bo had consumed too many Red Bulls and was having cardiac issues. That half that Papuchis called was the best half I saw us play on defense during Bo's tenure. Bo was a crappy head coach and a crappy game day coach. He always got out coached in the second half of games.

So many people seem to have it all backwards.. the current coach can't even get to .500 and you think he's the savior of the program..

just wow.. I can't believe how incredibly dense some of you people are.

In some way, I think you all deserve it. next up.. a winless season.

So many people seem to have it all backwards.. the current coach can't even get to .500 and you think he's the savior of the program..

this coming from a guy who worships at the altar of an asshole who hung his hat on meaningless regular season and december bowl wins

Frost may or may not be the savior. we'll see.

pelini proved he absolutely, unequivocally, undoubtedly wasn't.

We'll see about Frost. He didn't inherit a roster stocked with multiple NFL players including Suh like Pelini did. That said, it's obvious that Bo's early record was better than what we've seen out of Frost. I think Bo knows football. I just don't think he was the right head coach for Nebraska. I also don't believe with the way he recruited that we were ever going to get over the hump with him as our head coach. Frost has done it elsewhere. Now it's time to show us he can do it here. I'm optimistic but the further away time wise from Solich and Tom we get, the harder it gets IMO.

We'll see about Frost. He didn't inherit a roster stocked with multiple NFL players including Suh like Pelini did. That said, it's obvious that Bo's early record was better than what we've seen out of Frost. I think Bo knows football. I just don't think he was the right head coach for Nebraska. I also don't believe with the way he recruited that we were ever going to get over the hump with him as our head coach. Frost has done it elsewhere. Now it's time to show us he can do it here. I'm optimistic but the further away time wise from Solich and Tom we get, the harder it gets IMO.
Frost has room to grow. Pelini was maxed out when he left, as indicated by not only the fact he had to go to FCS, but his results there.

If we fired Frost today I would be shocked if he didn't get not only a D1 job but a power 5 job.

But but but but 9 wins! He was 58-24, had a 70.7 win % at NU. When you play 13-14 games, 9 wins means less.

Vs winning teams he was 18-19.

Ranked teams he was 5-15.

Top 15 teams he was 2-12.

Other teams that won 9 games? 9 *magical* games? He was 5-10.

Osborne set the 9 win bar, his career win % was 83%. They weren't playing 14 games when Tom was winning 9. He never lost more than 3 games.

Pelini lost 4 games every year and got blown out in a lot of them. And meanwhile he was letting the talent level slip with so-so classes and poor retention.

But but but but 9 wins! He was 58-24, had a 70.7 win % at NU. When you play 13-14 games, 9 wins means less.

Osborne set the 9 win bar, his career win % was 83%. They weren't playing 14 games when Tom was winning 9. He never lost more than 3 games.

Pelini lost 4 games every year. And meanwhile he was letting the talent level slip with so-so classes and poor retention.
it's a shame he wasn't tarred and feathered on the 50yd line on his way out for what an absolute embarrassment he was to NU

IF Bo can get along with EdO, he will succeed at LSU. The talent will be given to him. No need for him to recruit.

I just can't see those two getting along though. At some point in the not-to-distant future, I expect Bo will go off at the wrong time and to the wrong person(s). EdO will see how easily replaceable is at that point.

Reactions: SeaOfRed75

Pelini lost 4 games every year and got blown out in a lot of them. And meanwhile he was letting the talent level slip with so-so classes and poor retention.
Don't forget that we had one fewer conference game, and would get an extra creampuff at the beginning of the year. Bo made a killing on the sunbelt teams, the fresno states and wyomings, and the dakota schools. Heck, we almost lost several of them.

IF Bo can get along with EdO, he will succeed at LSU. The talent will be given to him. No need for him to recruit.

I just can't see those two getting along though. At some point in the not-to-distant future, I expect Bo will go off at the wrong time and to the wrong person(s). EdO will see how easily replaceable is at that point.
Agree, bozo has been a head coach to long he’ll pop off when he shouldn’t.

Nebraska is currently the joke of college football and Frost is a fraud so far. His coaching decisions have been junior league level.

Stfu about Bos record

All the bad sht yall say about Bo yet his lazy ass recruiting and coaching is still better than our last 2 coaches

You sound like battered wives because he told you the truth about yourselves.

It is the same as blaming the entire offensive struggles for the 2019 season on Troy Walters since he was the “offensive coordinator”. Yes the wide receivers left a lot to be desired but Coach Frost called the plays and was in total control of game management late in games.

Papuchis and Walters were coordinators in job title but not on game days. Some fans really struggle with this notion.

Your response was worse.

Worse teams than us got Ohio st to punt 1 time

Lmao..you guys are incredible

Bo won some games. He never won a damn thing of substance here.

Whenever he wasn't crapping the bed against any team with a pulse, he was busy choking in the second half of virtually every game he coached.

Bo is a good football coach. He's a lousy head coach. That's why he's not a head coach any longer.

His last stop he was coaching at a "have" in a conference of mostly "have-nots" and couldn't get it done outside of the one year he brought some P-5 players with him.

Bo won some games. He never won a damn thing of substance here.

Whenever he wasn't crapping the bed against any team with a pulse, he was busy choking in the second half of virtually every game he coached.

Bo is a good football coach. He's a lousy head coach. That's why he's not a head coach any longer.

His last stop he was coaching at a "have" in a conference of mostly "have-nots" and couldn't get it done outside of the one year he brought some P-5 players with him.

Winning division titles matters.

Yall.know we got screwed in 2009 dont play dumb and Roy Helu and Rex choked in the 2010 game.

We arent winning at all now. How were your bowl trips? Nice weather?

I wa glad Bo was fired because I was tired of the drama from the fans

Last edited:
Reactions: Baxter48

Bo's Defense is great when he has elite talent that he doesn't have to recruit. It was great at LSU, it was great his first couple of years at Nebraska. It dropped off once the talent left.

no doubt the consensus was Bo wasn't a good coach
but he did serve a purpose of setting a bar where most here feel is an unacceptable level of performance from the head coach

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
winning percentage > 71%
outright divisional title > 42% of time
win or tie for the div title - 57% of the time
no worse than second in div > 85% of the time
never finish any worse than third in division

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

now granted Frost needed some time for the transition - but now in year 3 we know what the minimal on field performance standards that people are willing to accept from the head coach and they are apparently north of those listed above

Your response was worse.

Worse teams than us got Ohio st to punt 1 time

Lmao..you guys are incredible
I don’t disagree that we are terrible and a laughing stock. That’s not my argument. What I am saying is Frost inherited a product that was worse than anyone knew. Evidence is the 2 years in a row where OSU didn’t have to punt.

We thought he would come in and turn things around instantly, but he didn’t. It remains to be seen if he will.

But don’t pretend he had a stocked cupboard, because he didn’t.

destroys bo for not adjusting against sconnie in B1G title game, only having one call against their personnel that allowed 3 backs to run for 200+ yards

what a f'ing moron pelini is. piss stain on his khakis and our program.

Link

What time does Compton come on the stream?

Nebraska is currently the joke of college football and Frost is a fraud so far. His coaching decisions have been junior league level.

Stfu about Bos record

All the bad sht yall say about Bo yet his lazy ass recruiting and coaching is still better than our last 2 coaches

You sound like battered wives because he told you the truth about yourselves.
bo made Nebraska a joke. his weekly tantrums were regular fodder for the college football world, and he even provided his own exclamation points at the end of every season by getting his ass destroyed in increasingly embarrassing fashion.

he claimed 'we are back' then made melvin gordon look like Secretariat.

you call that winning? the joke's on you, too.

Last edited:

I predict LSU will have little tolerance for the amount of yards Bo's defenses will put up with superior talent.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT