ADVERTISEMENT

Will Compton on PMT

after months of dancing around this, he finally admits it.

this has become too emotional for you.

Frost has a chance to prove he belongs, and he parlayed 1 year of success into a guaranteed stint here. if he wins, he'll stay. if he doesn't, he won't. it's really that simple.

depends on what the definition of winning becomes

if after his 2-3 transition years -- Nebraska averages a top 10 finish every 3-4 years and maybe gets to the conf championship game with the opportunity of being named a playoff team with a win ...Frost will be a legacy coach at Nebraska even if he doesn't win a national title

Your making a strange argument. JD would have been nice to have. Gebbia would have been nice to have but wasn't necessarily a perfect fit for the O. What else is there to say? For years we wanted a more Saban like program where players who weren't going to play leave and free up schollys. Now that happens and people like are complaining.

The bottom line is that nothing would damage our program more than firing Frost in the next year. We need stability and it may as well be the hot shot former player who EVERYONE wanted the year he was hired. It wasn't like he was a reach. He literally could have picked his job that winter for any opening.

I don't see excuses. I see common sense. As a program we have backed ourselves into this corner. The odds of hitting on a coach that will magically turn things around is extremely small. You tell me who you think we should replace Frost with right now? Someone realistic. Not Dabo or Saban.
lol @ nikki knowing any other college coaches

depends on what the definition of winning becomes

if after his 2-3 transition years -- Nebraska averages a top 10 finish every 3-4 years and maybe gets to the conf championship game with the opportunity of being named a playoff team with a win ...Frost will be a legacy coach at Nebraska even if he doesn't win a national title
for the 10,000th time, since you cannot seem to get enough of the smell of this fart of an idea that's been lingering since before Thanksgiving, 3-4 years of top 10 finishes will earn him at least another contract (obviously, as it would at literally every other school).

if the program subsequently sputters, we'll move on.

for the 10,000th time, since you cannot seem to get enough of the smell of this fart of an idea that's been lingering since before Thanksgiving, 3-4 years of top 10 finishes will earn him at least another contract (obviously, as it would at literally every other school).

if the program subsequently sputters, we'll move on.

I said averages a top ten finish every 3rd or 4th year - 2 a decade

maybe ending the regular season controlling your own destiny for a playoff and national title

since you don't like my definition of winning .. give us yours and a time frame to get there

If I list the names, you will just say, oh what has that person done at so and so college, so, your question is a trap.

Maybe I am the only person that wants him gone. He's also the worst coach we have had to come in here and perform this poorly in his first 2 years. Everyone else wants to blame it on talent from another coach, but Coach Frost didn't use those guys, he sent most of them packing (mostly offensive) and where have our problems been? on offense.

I get that you want to make excuses for the head coach. I don't.

Maybe!

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
I said averages a top ten finish every 3rd or 4th year - 2 a decade

maybe ending the regular season controlling your own destiny for a playoff and national title
the last time we finished in the top 10 was 2001.

we've had 1 top 15 finish since.

Frost will coach under his current contract until at least 2023. if he produces the first top 10 finish in 20+ years, he'll get another contract. if there are no trophies to show for his then 10+ years at the helm, regardless of finishes, we'll move on.

perhaps you should do the same with this incredibly tired take.

Reactions: dinglefritz
the last time we finished in the top 10 was 2001.

we've had 1 top 15 finish since.

Frost will coach under his current contract until at least 2023. if he produces the first top 10 finish in 20+ years, he'll get another contract. if there are no trophies to show for his then 10+ years at the helm, regardless of finishes, we'll move on.

perhaps you should do the same with this incredibly tired take.

so a top 10 finish before 2024 - got it
do divisional trophies and lower level bowl trophies count?

do you disagree? is this somehow a referendum on my fanhood? am I contributing to the iowa-ization of NU football?

keep in mind I said nothing about my own expectations.

It seems some fans don’t like the truth not a excuse that the cupboard was empty when frost took over. Here is a question to ponder. If John Blake wouldn’t have be a great recruiter and had Oklahoma ready to roll when bob stoops took over, would have bob stoops had the same results if he had likewise talent that coach frost inherited? Think about that

do divisional trophies and lower level bowl trophies count?
oh, good, an edit.

no. conference titles and national titles are all that matter.

do you disagree that a top 10 finish by 2024 earns Frost another contract?

do you disagree? is this somehow a referendum on my fanhood? am I contributing to the iowa-ization of NU football?

keep in mind I said nothing about my own expectations.

i don't think he will have to finish in the top 10 to coach beyond 2023. -

if he finishes with 8-9 wins in 2021, 2022, 2023 and finishes unranked or eeks into the top 25 one or 2 of those years - he will be the coach in 2024 ... don't think his seat will even be warm

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
i don't think he will have to finish in the top 10 to coach beyond 2023. -

if he finishes with 8-9 wins in 2021, 2022, 2023 and finishes unranked or eeks into the top 25 one or 2 of those years - he will be the coach in 2024 ... don't think his seat will even be warm
thanks, I hate it

Reactions: jlb321
But but but but 9 wins! He was 58-24, had a 70.7 win % at NU. When you play 13-14 games, 9 wins means less.

Vs winning teams he was 18-19.

Ranked teams he was 5-15.

Top 15 teams he was 2-12.

Other teams that won 9 games? 9 *magical* games? He was 5-10.

Osborne set the 9 win bar, his career win % was 83%. They weren't playing 14 games when Tom was winning 9. He never lost more than 3 games.

Pelini lost 4 games every year and got blown out in a lot of them. And meanwhile he was letting the talent level slip with so-so classes and poor retention.
Also Tom did someting that no other coach has ever done over 25 years which is how long T.O. coached was Avg wins per year over 25 years 10.2 Wins per season as well as fastest coach in history to rack up 250 wins.

What people still fail to realize, Frost inherited a total fricken dumpster fire shit show when he got here and was tasked with a total program and culture rebuild from the ground up. Most intelligent and logical fans understand what the rebuild process is about and know that Rome wasn't built in a day. When Frost got here, we were lacking in talent and size that matters in this conference as well as strength and power the entire time.

Frost is rebuilding from midway through Solich, all the way to Riley which is an awful long time to have the stagnent shit show we call a program that has been around for what seems like an eternity. the past coupe of years is what should have been expected in a total rebuild as the players were not in very good shape, no will or confidence, no culture to speak of and no real leadership.

People harping on our record the last 2 years, need to get a clue as last year yes there were a few games that we should've won but didn't as to be expected as one final piece that has been missing for at least 2 decades which is knowing how to win. As I've said before, before this team can win in chunks, it has to learn how to win again.

People can just go ahead and blindly harp on wins and losses over the last 2 years but need to look very closely to what has been missing for years and what Frost has been rooting out of the program along with the type of recruits he's brought here since he's been in charge. Today, well over half of them that he has recruited here have come from winning programs and state championship teams some multiple time champions who know how to win and have the character and attitude TO's squads.

The problem now which is now correctable isn't the physical aspect of it, it's the mental which is learning to win again. It is coming around, and we won't have to wait much longer for the wins to start rolling in again. Patience is a must that Husker fans have to have as it is coming...

GO BIG RED!!!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT