Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Other

Votes: 9 25.0%

• Total voters

leodisflowers

Assistant Head Coach
Feb 25, 2011
North Carolina
Had an interesting conversation with a bunch of co-workers. With how Covid-19 has changed the world of sports, is there a shot for a women's pro league to gain the amount of viewership it's male counterpart has?

And then you get all the "men" identifying as "women".

Come to think of it, maybe we should just do away with mens and womens sports...and just have sports. Seems to be where the nation is headed. :(:(:(

Last edited:
Is there a pro-volleyball league? I just went with the ones I knew were on TV is some sort of capacity

Don’t believe so...

NO, A women sports league will never be a more popular than Men’s sports...

Even the women’s Olympic team didn’t have better ratings than the men’s Olympics and they won the gold..

Reactions: bshirt73
Best female tennis player would have a difficult time beating a top 200 men's player. No hate, just facts

Best female tennis player would have a difficult time beating a top 200 men's player. No hate, just facts
Yep. The great battle of the sexes tennis match in the 70s even had to be rigged/handicapped.

Billie Jean King was in her 20s and Bobby Riggs was mid 50s. She also got to play the doubles foul lines. Not much equal about any of that

Figure Skating. Also I find the gymnastics thing hard to believe, women's gymnastics is way better to watch. Rings and pommel horse are brutal to watch. If you're into Americans winning then Women's Tennis is better than Men's Tennis. US hasn't been very competitive in quite a while.

We look to men's sports for the showing of human athletic capabilities.

We look to women's sports because they look attractive while in motion.

I doubt many are horny enough to watch women's sports for hours (just end it already). :cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: Bigred_b1624
I had to go with tennis simply there are some pretty hot women who play. Other than that I agree with you as no

Yeah, I think you are right, I would have to go with Tennis. The thing about tennis right now is you still have Serena Williams, that dude is good, who is an American. I think once she retires not many Americans will give a rats ass about tennis.

In men's tennis you had a lot of American interest for a long time from McEnroe and Connors until Agassi and Sampras. With no Americans that consistantly challenge for the majors no one cares.

Yep. The great battle of the sexes tennis match in the 70s even had to be rigged/handicapped.

Billie Jean King was in her 20s and Bobby Riggs was mid 50s. She also got to play the doubles foul lines. Not much equal about any of that
And Karsten Braasch was ranked 203rd, drinking and smoking cigarettes on the court when he wiped out both Williams sisters without surrendering a point :eek: to their credit Venus and Serena admitted they couldn't compete with men, iirc.

What's wrong with you, OP?

The talk started around what happened if a lot of the major leagues NFL, NBA, MLB, UFC, etc. folded. Would you watch women's sports if it was the only thing on. The it morphed into would you get into women's sports over time if that was the only thing on, and then it ended with after a long time watching women's sports, if the others came back would it you continue to watch. It was actually very interesting conversation as there is nothing else to discuss right now outside of golf & Nascar.

I like watching the women golfers. Those tan legs. Also I been watching the Titan Games and those women are way more physical than that string bean guy from the Air Force.

Softball would be a sport that could become popular if marketed correctly. The players are very good, the game is much faster than baseball. From an aesthetics point of view it would have a chance. The Women's College World Series is very close to drawing a similar audience to the College World Series in TV ratings and now that OKC has expanded the venue, they may even match baseball in attendance.

The problem with softball is that the WCWS is sort of the pinnacle. A pro version has never really caught on for whatever reason.

I think the biggest problem with women's sports is that the average Joe thinks he could compete. It's one thing to be the number 203rd ranked men's tennis player beating the best the women can put out there as compared to being a fat **** from Seward. I think sometimes the fat **** from Seward somehow puts himself on an even playing field with the 203rd ranked player in the world.

Figure Skating. Also I find the gymnastics thing hard to believe, women's gymnastics is way better to watch. Rings and pommel horse are brutal to watch. If you're into Americans winning then Women's Tennis is better than Men's Tennis. US hasn't been very competitive in quite a while.
Our women's World Cup soccer kills our mens team in ratings, and winnings.

The problem with softball is that the WCWS is sort of the pinnacle. A pro version has never really caught on for whatever reason.

I think the biggest problem with women's sports is that the average Joe thinks he could compete. It's one thing to be the number 203rd ranked men's tennis player beating the best the women can put out there as compared to being a fat **** from Seward. I think sometimes the fat **** from Seward somehow puts himself on an even playing field with the 203rd ranked player in the world.
Go Dukes!!

Softball would be a sport that could become popular if marketed correctly. The players are very good, the game is much faster than baseball. From an aesthetics point of view it would have a chance. The Women's College World Series is very close to drawing a similar audience to the College World Series in TV ratings and now that OKC has expanded the venue, they may even match baseball in attendance.

Woah,hold on their bud,from Seward ? Better Seward than a fat**** from York,just saying.

I watch loads of tennis and prefer the womens game to the mens. The ATP has been top heavy for the last 15 years and the mens game is serve, volley, smash....point. The WTA while Serena has dominated the majors there are others who have at least broke through since her pregnancy/advancing age. Its just better to watch because it isnt a s powerful and there actual rallies

Yeah, I think you are right, I would have to go with Tennis. The thing about tennis right now is you still have Serena Williams, that dude is good, who is an American. I think once she retires not many Americans will give a rats ass about tennis.

In men's tennis you had a lot of American interest for a long time from McEnroe and Connors until Agassi and Sampras. With no Americans that consistantly challenge for the majors no one cares.

that’s what they said when Stan Smith retired.

I think women's tennis is better than men's tennis and I think tennis is the only sport where women actively compete on the court against men. I'm not sure if tennis leagues are even much of a thing, but that would be the only sport that would compare.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT