ADVERTISEMENT

Will 5-7 get us to a bowl game?

CatColumbia

All-American
Apr 19, 2014
One day in Lincoln, the next day in Orlando
I think we are close to start winning some games and turning this thing around. Looking at our schedule, I see two games (OSU and Iowa) that we’re not going to win.
I think we just need to win that one game to get things rolling and I think it’s going to come next week.

Our offense keeps improving every week and our guys are starting to play for one another. Plus, we found a punter that can help us going forward.

Thoughts?

Reactions: dinglefritz
Not sure about 5-7 but I agree with you I see us turning the corner soon. If our D had a pulse that game tonight goes down to the wire.

Reactions: Can o' corn
lol, this is a 2 win season....3 max.
I would be ecstatic if we won 3 games...and I got to watch all of the iowa game because we were in it. This team is still pretty bad in some important areas...it is nice to see young players thriving, but putting up numbers when you are down two scores is another level from competing in the 4th quarter of a close game. This team is two years away from competing against a top 15 team.

Reactions: gobigred670
lol, this is a 2 win season....3 max.

I'm going to be the first one to predict that if we get an 11:00 game against tOSU we win. OSU has played some terrible 11:00 games and I see them completely taking us forgranted.

2:30 or night we have no chance but 11:00 and watch out.

I'm going to be the first one to predict that if we get an 11:00 game against tOSU we win. OSU has played some terrible 11:00 games and I see them completely taking us forgranted.

Christ,our defense isn’t good enough to witness this miracle..

If its an early game, kickoff will happen at 12:00 noon so there goes your time warp theory.

I would be ecstatic if we won 3 games...and I got to watch all of the iowa game because we were in it. This team is still pretty bad in some important areas...it is nice to see young players thriving, but putting up numbers when you are down two scores is another level from competing in the 4th quarter of a close game. This team is two years away from competing against a top 15 team.

Hard to disagree with your take. If we beat NW I think we have a shot at 5. If not, will probably be a 2 or 3 win season.

Reactions: dinglefritz
I think we are close to start winning some games and turning this thing around. Looking at our schedule, I see two games (OSU and Iowa) that we’re not going to win.
I think we just need to win that one game to get things rolling and I think it’s going to come next week.

Our offense keeps improving every week and our guys are starting to play for one another. Plus, we found a punter that can help us going forward.

Thoughts?
The correct mentality is to go 1-0 this week

You aren't close to turning any significant corners.

It will come, but you won't recognize it as any one moment.

You're gonna lose almost every game this year. That's ok, because you are going to win much more next year. And you'll be winning regularly the year after that.

You aren't close to turning any significant corners.

It will come, but you won't recognize it as any one moment.

You're gonna lose almost every game this year. That's ok, because you are going to win much more next year. And you'll be winning regularly the year after that.
This is probably accurate. Kind of crazy to think this team is, in reality, a full year behind where a winless UCF team was when the staff got there, but here we are and I do see the team figuring some tings out and some guys settling into roles.

Penalties is the key. I didn’t see many, if any, mental breakdowns tonight. Our O-line just really hurt us tonight. I don’t expect anybody other than Ohio State and Iowa to really abuse us at the line of scrimmage so we have a chance.
And I think by the time we play Iowa we will be able to play with Iowa barring any injuries. I could see us winning 5. I really think we're getting better. IF we can win one this weekend and hang tough with OSU, things could really turn around for this team IMO.

Penalties are what are hurting the Huskers the most. The offense if moving the ball very good and then you hold the opposing team to 3rd and long and have a PF or a defensive holding…

If Frost can magically end the penalties then yes you could win 4-5 games.

And I think by the time we play Iowa we will be able to play with Iowa barring any injuries. I could see us winning 5. I really think we're getting better. IF we can win one this weekend and hang tough with OSU, things could really turn around for this team IMO.

ROFL

Thoughts?
As a Bethune-Cookman fan and supporter, I take exception to your implied opinion that BCC is already in the win column. Yes we got off to a rough start, but have won our last two. Our QB just passed for two TD's, and ran one in for a nice conference win.

Our backs are as fast or faster than any Nebraska has seen thus far. We have 300+ bigs with a high motors to sack young indecisive QB's, and open big holes for our RB's. I predict BCC will be riding high on a four game win streak when they arrive, and will hand it to you if Nebraska coaches and players have this same attitude.

For all you UCF fans saying BCC is Nebraska's only win, same goes for you, if you have enough guts to schedule us again. The team you beat was not our best. Try us again sometime. We'll take your money and the win home with us.

Reactions: footnfan1
As a Bethune-Cookman fan and supporter, I take exception to your implied opinion that BCC is already in the win column. Yes we got off to a rough start, but have won our last two. Our QB just passed for two TD's, and ran one in for a nice conference win.

Our backs are as fast or faster than any Nebraska has seen thus far. We have 300+ bigs with a high motors to sack young indecisive QB's, and open big holes for our RB's. I predict BCC will be riding high on a four game win streak when they arrive, and will hand it to you if Nebraska coaches and players have this same attitude.

For all you UCF fans saying BCC is Nebraska's only win, same goes for you, if you have enough guts to schedule us again. The team you beat was not our best. Try us again sometime. We'll take your money and the win home with us.

No offense, and I’m glad that you guys are doing well but I ain’t scared son!

Thoughts?
no 5-7 teams went to a bowl game last year. they have to take all 6-6 teams first. they had non power 5 teams go 6-6 last year and not make a bowl game

LOL !!!!!

No offense, and I’m glad that you guys are doing well but I ain’t scared son!
None taken CC. I'm a big fan of what Frost did to turn things around at UCF. Sure he will do the same at Nebraska. What I don't like is some UCF and Nebraska fans treating BCC like a win already. This year BCC has size and speed, and is just now hitting their stride. Anyone counting this game as a win could be sadly mistaken. You don't have to be scared of BCC, but respect is rightly warranted.

None taken CC. I'm a big fan of what Frost did to turn things around at UCF. Sure he will do the same at Nebraska. What I don't like is some UCF and Nebraska fans treating BCC like a win already. This year BCC has size and speed, and is just now hitting their stride. Anyone counting this game as a win could be sadly mistaken. You don't have to be scared of BCC, but respect is rightly warranted.
It’s human nature but at this point we can’t afford to take anything for granted. I’m sure our coaches will respect BCC because to do otherwise is disrespecting the game.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT