ADVERTISEMENT

Football Wide receiver Demariyon Houston enters the transfer portal

giphy.gif

Hope he finds a good landing spot.

One of Houston or Nance was bound to transfer out eventually given they haven't been able to get on the field. Nance still may
Given the fact guys like Alante Brown and Nixon arrived on campus and started getting more chatter than Houston or Nance ever did was probably a sign. I really, really hope this is the year we stop striking out at the skill position scholarships.

Frosts offers, departures, and overall number of misses at WR thus far is just astounding.

One of Houston or Nance was bound to transfer out eventually given they haven't been able to get on the field. Nance still may
Nance had some nifty moves after the catch at the spring game and caused me to have some excitement about him but watching him try to block was painful. He was completely ran through at least once -got at least one holding penalty and looked like a BBall player setting a screen most of the day.
165lb kids have a hard time blocking

The greatest Nebraska tradition is going into the fall with less than 85 guys on scholarship. I think we can achieve this once again even with 5 guys coming back for a free year.

The difference is they are getting guys like Connor culp, Ezra Miller, Oliver Martin, Nouilli, Reimer, Gifford etc to walk on and/or grey shirt that they can give a scholarship in their place and not go against the 25. So it’s not the same as previous staffs in that regard.

Last edited:
Makes sense for all. Good luck to the kid. Maybe he can go take Samori's spot up at Montana?

Foreshadowing? Or am I reading too much into it?

If what you’re reading into it is “I’ll be joining you in the portal soon,” then, yes, I think you’re reading too much into it.

I think it’s just a guy saying to his buddy, “I’ll be seeing you down the road. Just because you’re leaving Nebraska doesn’t mean our friendship is ending.”

Also, if Nance was already planning on leaving, I don’t think he’d drop hints in this manner. He’d just do it or not.

Given the fact guys like Alante Brown and Nixon arrived on campus and started getting more chatter than Houston or Nance ever did was probably a sign. I really, really hope this is the year we stop striking out at the skill position scholarships.

Frosts offers, departures, and overall number of misses at WR thus far is just astounding.
Unfortunately, we have not had a QB that can’t pick out open receivers, quickly
after the snap. And please, don’t mention the 70% completion rate, without
mentioning the usual yards of those completions, and the fumbles, and
interceptions.

Unfortunately, we have not had a QB that can’t pick out open receivers, quickly
after the snap. And please, don’t mention the 70% completion rate, without
mentioning the usual yards of those completions, and the fumbles, and
interceptions.
I wasn’t commenting on the QB or our inadequacies there, that are substantial, I agree. What I’m talking about is:

Jones
Woodyard
McGriff
Legrone
Hunt
Williams
Watts
Nance
Houston
Chase
Wandale
Fleming

That is what I’m talking about. Just a series of complete whiffs other than Robinson who felt misused.

Last edited:
I wasn’t commenting on the QB or our inadequacies there, that are substantial, I agree. What I’m talking about is:

Jones
Woodward
McGriff
Legrone
Hunt
Williams
Watts
Nance
Houston
Chase
Wandale
Fleming

That is what I’m talking about. Just a series of complete whiffs other than Robinson who felt misused.
Frost and crew were 1 out of 17 on their first 2 recruiting classes when it comes to WR/RBs. That’s abysmal hit rate but I think things are looking up.

ADVERTISEMENT