Votes: 7 3.9%
  • After Iowa game

Votes: 67 37.6%
  • After their bowl game

Votes: 18 10.1%
  • He won't, he isn't going to be the next Neb HC

Votes: 86 48.3%

• Total voters
IMO this isn't about how much Nebraska is or is not willing to spend ... it is about who is willing to take the job and how does our program compare to others that are searching for a head coach at the same time. Sometimes an OC or DC somewhere rises to the top of your list as you are eliminated by your top candidates.
We need a whole package coach, not just a OC or DC turned HC we need an HC who can bring in a great DC and a decent OC or whichever side of the ball they are less proficient so in Scotts case he has a fantastic DC and he is more hands on with OC assistants prop up the HC all to often. I personally think it is more a roll of the dice to grab a DC or OC who hasnt managed a whole team and got all the parts working together.

Reactions: headcard
We need a whole package coach, not just a OC or DC turned HC we need an HC who can bring in a great DC and a decent OC or whichever side of the ball they are less proficient so in Scotts case he has a fantastic DC and he is more hands on with OC assistants prop up the HC all to often. I personally think it is more a roll of the dice to grab a DC or OC who hasnt managed a whole team and got all the parts working together.

I completely agree ... I just hope that what everyone agrees is a great hire -the "whole package" - is available as we look at the list of interested candidates if Frost ends up elsewhere

I think we are exaggerating how big of a meltdown there would be in the fan base if we don't get Frost. Sure, people would be hurt and disappointed if he chose Florida, or some other team, over us. But if we hire a really good coach I think people would settle down eventually and rally around the new guy.

It is just football after all, and people have lives, believe it or not, that don't revolve around the head football coach at NU. That is not to say our fans lack passion. Quite the opposite! And like I said, those passionate fans would initially be really, really pissed/disappointed. But it would blow over and if the next coach is someone like a Campbell, people would begin to see that we just landed a great coach and settle down.

That is my humble opinion anyway...
So you're saying we won't act like the liberals after Trump won and riot and burn shite just because we are angry we didn't get what we wanted? :Cool:

The season wasn't a complete disaster at that point though, the Wisconsin game was somewhat forgivable because our depth issues, the Ohio State debacle two years in a row is just plain old Pelini style embarrassments that should not be tolerated at Nebraska. It's not just a talent disparity it's clearly coaching that gets your ass kicked like that.

Disaster? 7-5 is within reach and that's where a large portion of people, nationally and locally - including this fan base, expected out of NU this season.

Not good enough though, "9 wins, TO!" & why I say Moos backed himself in to a corner when he said this isnt a rebuild. It most definitely was in Decemebr 2014 (Eichorst mistake during his PC) and we're all seeing it right now.

Just wait, I all but guarantee the narrative will change in 2 years. Hoping it doesn't, we'll see...

I agree with a lot of what you posted. Up to the above.

Moos already stated this isn't a rebuild. Just like Eichorst stated in 2014, in different words. IMO, Frost will most definitely unite a bigger portion of this fan base but I don't see how or why he should be given more time. Mike Riley was given 2 1/3 seasons before his AD was fired and the exact same time frame should apply to Bill Moos and whomever the next head coach is.

Our next football coach struggles, regardless who it is - the heat will once again intensify. Nebraska fans have zero patience. And Moos has backed himself in to a big time corner. I hope to heck the man delivers!
Mike Riley is being given 3 seasons, and he's had every chance to turn this team around since NIU and hasn't. If Riley doesn't have a losing season his first year and last year doesn't end as bad as it did, Riley would get a 4th year.

Disaster? 7-5 is within reach and that's where a large portion of people, nationally and locally - including this fan base, expected out of NU this season.

Not good enough though, "9 wins, TO!" & why I say Moos backed himself in to a corner when he said this isnt a rebuild. It most definitely was in Decemebr 2014 (Eichorst mistake during his PC) and we're all seeing it right now.

Just wait, I all but guarantee the narrative will change in 2 years. Hoping it doesn't, we'll see...
7-5 is not happening.

Reactions: Husker-NJ
I hope you’re joking. Judas Priest, just look at HOW we’re playing in year 3.
Be that as it may, it is still true that 7-5 is within reach.

We have so far lost to every team people thought we would lose to except NIU. And if we lose to PSU that will also have been expected. Many preseason prognosticators had us going 7-5 with a loss to Iowa as the fifth rather than NIU.

If we do also lose to Iowa and go 6-6, that NIU loss really hurt us. Hurt Riley. So if we do go 7-5 or 6-6 and Riley gets fired, we can all look back on that NIU loss as the thread that came loose and unraveled the whole sweater.

Reactions: headcard
Oh, now it matters HOW Nebraska plays. From 2008-2014, that didn't matter.

It always has. If you’re saying it did before, yet hold up 7-5 as something other than a disaster, that’s hypocritical. Regardless, we’re arguing about the validity of a 7-5 record, which is Charlie Weiss level depressing.

Reactions: Husker-NJ
Be that as it may, it is still true that 7-5 is within reach.

We have so far lost to every team people thought we would lose to except NIU. And if we lose to PSU that will also have been expected. Many preseason prognosticators had us going 7-5 with a loss to Iowa as the fifth rather than NIU.

If we do also lose to Iowa and go 6-6, that NIU loss really hurt us. Hurt Riley. So if we do go 7-5 or 6-6 and Riley gets fired, we can all look back on that NIU loss as the thread that came loose and unraveled the whole sweater.

The only game we looked marginally dominant was Illinois. 7-5 is selling the abilities of these players short when you look at the body of work.

It always has. If you’re saying it did before, yet hold up 7-5 as something other than a disaster, that’s hypocritical. Regardless, we’re arguing about the validity of a 7-5 record, which is Charlie Weiss level depressing.

No, it always hasn't.

And 7-5 is far from a disaster. Comments like yours is exactly why Nebraska football deserves a few 2-10 & 3-9 seasons so you can face an actual disaster of a season.

No, it always hasn't.

And 7-5 is far from a disaster. Comments like yours is exactly why Nebraska football deserves a few 2-10 & 3-9 seasons so you can face an actual disaster of a season.
Ummmmm PASS, that is a definite hard PASS and a um HELL NO

The only game we looked marginally dominant was Illinois. 7-5 is selling the abilities of these players short when you look at the body of work.
Nobody expected us to be "dominant" this year. We haven't been "dominant" in a long, long time.
7-5 is what most people expected. Not me, I thought we would go 10-2 or 9-3. But lots of people smarter than I who were koolaid free saw 7-5.
So if we end up at 7-5, regardless of how dominant we were, the season will have played out as most thought it would

Please list recent disaster-level seasons to qualify your statement. Exclude the two 5-7 and 7-7 seasons (since those are obvious).

It's always mattered how Nebraska played. I'm not going to over-analyze a simple concept, but what's plagued NU throughout the years, including Bo's tenure, is that absolute butt kicking that showed NU has a very long way to go. Record is a stat, you can make it whatever you want. Reality doesn't lie. NU has had at least three performances this year that shows 7-5 still puts them woefully behind Wisconsin, PSU, OSU. We're probably behind others as well.

8-4 (beat NIU) with competitive losses to those 3 and Oregon is pretty dang successful season IMO. Big 10 with their spectacular scheduling predetermined the West before a single kickoff, so attaining that was never in the cards.

Reactions: YouGotSwatted!
Nobody expected us to be "dominant" this year. We haven't been "dominant" in a long, long time.
7-5 is what most people expected. Not me, I thought we would go 10-2 or 9-3. But lots of people smarter than I who were koolaid free saw 7-5.
So if we end up at 7-5, regardless of how dominant we were, the season will have played out as most thought it would

I’d be more receptive if the 7-5 included competitive games against Wiscy/OSU and comfortable wins against Purdue/Rutgers/NIU/ASU. There’s two different 7-5s we’re talking about here.

Who is “it”? I was referring to myself and you - our opinion if the “how” mattered. For me the “how” mattered then and it matters now. How about you?

It = this very forum.

Please list recent disaster-level seasons to qualify your statement. Exclude the two 5-7 and 7-7 seasons (since those are obvious).

At Nebraska, there hasn't been a disaster of a season since I've been alive.

It's always mattered how Nebraska played

Not on this forum, from 2008-2014. But it did matter from 2004-2007 and once again 2015-2017. The McNeese State game is a prime example of what I'm talking about. "Didn't matter we played like crap, it's a win" was all over this place back then.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT