Votes: 7 3.9%
  • After Iowa game

Votes: 67 37.6%
  • After their bowl game

Votes: 18 10.1%
  • He won't, he isn't going to be the next Neb HC

Votes: 86 48.3%

• Total voters
How is that clueless? Are you saying the ones pining for Frost won’t be upset and lose their crap if he goes to Florida?

If that is what you believe, I disagree with you 100% then...

By clueless I meant that the poster was seeming to relish the thought of Frost not ending up at NU. Frost is the best option for NU. If they don't get him the place will most likely remain a mediocre program for a very long time. Think Minnesota & Iowa.

The ones pining for Frost won't be upset , it's way beyond that. They will just go away and won't support NU anymore. The NU administration has screwed up the football program too many times and people are tired of it. Now they have a chance to get it right and we'll see what they do.

Reactions: SnohomishRed
By clueless I meant that the poster was seeming to relish the thought of Frost not ending up at NU. Frost is the best option for NU. If they don't get him the place will most likely remain a mediocre program for a very long time. Think Minnesota & Iowa.

The ones pining for Frost won't be upset , it's way beyond that. They will just go away and won't support NU anymore. The NU administration has screwed up the football program too many times and people are tired of it. Now they have a chance to get it right and we'll see what they do.
But how can they get it right if Frost is the only answer and he goes to Florida? Assuming he does, of course, but if Frost doesn’t come here because he choose to go elsewhere, it’s gonna be a madhouse here for many...

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
But how can they get it right if Frost is the only answer and he goes to Florida? Assuming he does, of course, but if Frost doesn’t come here because he choose to go elsewhere, it’s gonna be a madhouse here for many...

agree .. Frost to Nebraska is not a lock ... if he is Florida's target we likely won't offer much more ... Florida is the better job - if he doesn't end up at Florida there is still likely Tennessee and possibly aTm to contend with.

Can you imagine if Michigan was going after Harbaugh while he was at San Diego and he chose Stanford instead?

Bye, not a single one will be a loss and HOL just got better.

I actually lean towards Frost as a top choice for NU.....but some of the s#it is getting ridiculous around here. They act as though Scott Frost is our only hope....RollingLaugh.

Like I said in another thread....it might be more fun to watch the meltdown of that portion of the fanbase if it is not.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
Florida on Paper and paper alone is the "better job"

SF i have to imagine doesnt like to see what his team has turned into. B1G west is a soft division, we already recruit as well/better than the whole division. There is no reason we shouldnt be Division Champs every other year especially with competent coaching developing the talent we recruit. I would say Georgia is better than Wisconsin but recruiting evens things out to be about the same as our situation for competing to get to the CCG's

Emotional ties, family, history is our only real hope and to be honest it is hard to not be biased from my opinion but obviously if i were him i would take Nebraska. The other thing is because he is Nebraska Golden boy he gets more time than he would at Florida to turn things around, but i think no matter what he has success wherever he goes next, so isnt a real issue but could weigh in when decisions are made.

I know everybody wants Frost. I get it. I want him too. I do want to know what the plan will be defensive wise though. Offensive coaches with no defense are every bit as bad as defensive coaches with no offense. To get anywhere, we must have both (along with players to get it done, but whole different subject).
So, Is there any way some of this staff stays in place if frost comes in?
Is there any way Riley would take a position in a different role if Frost Comes?
And, if not, Who would you like to see as DC with frost as the Head?

I know everybody wants Frost. I get it. I want him too. I do want to know what the plan will be defensive wise though. Offensive coaches with no defense are every bit as bad as defensive coaches with no offense. To get anywhere, we must have both (along with players to get it done, but whole different subject).
So, Is there any way some of this staff stays in place if frost comes in?
Is there any way Riley would take a position in a different role if Frost Comes?
And, if not, Who would you like to see as DC with frost as the Head?

If Frost were to come here, I assume he would bring his DC Chandlier with him (unless he gets the UCF HC job). They run an attacking 3-4/4-3 defense and have been pretty dang good this year.

It is pretty common for at least a couple staff members to stay on for transition and recruiting purposes. For recruiting, Williams and Williams make the most sense, but Frost OC is Troy Walters, who also coaches WR's, so I'm not sure KW would have a place at the table, would be interesting for sure.

I don't see any way Riley sticks around if he is fired, I think he would sail off into the sunset. While he would be a great ambassador and has some good recruiting ideas, he has enough money and doesn't need the stress.

Reactions: HuskerDana
Since SF seems to give a lot of voice to the needs of his assistants I thought it would be interesting to see where they're from and if that might influence the collective decision to accept a coaching offer.

POSITION -------------------------- ALMA MATER

Defensive Coordinator Erik Chinander Iowa,

Offensive line- Greg Austin, Nebraska,

Dline-Mike Dawson, U Mass

Running backs- Ryan Held, Nebraska

Chief of staff- Gerrod Lambrect, Concordia College ( Nebraska)

Quality Control- Barrett Ruud, Nebraska

Strength coach-Zach Duval, Nebraska

Linebackers- Jovan Dewitt Northern Michigan

Wide Receivers- Troy Walters Stanford

Tight Ends - Sean Beckton UCF

Defensive backs- Travis Fisher UCF

Quarterbacks- Mario Verduzco San Jose st

Director of Football ops- Trent Mossbrocker Iowa

pretty sure keeping his staff around him, knowing the importance they have had in his success, is why the whole keep frost fund was started. it might have been a blunt statement he told his AD of what it would take to keep him around, who knows.

I believe Frost does.

Frost does, though they had a dress rehearsal last week in case his wife goes into labor this week before SMU , where he allowed i think 6 or 7 series he said, i could be mistaken could be more, to be called

Wanna know what I notice? Nebraska natives on Scott's staff who chose UCF over helping/being asked to help in Lincoln. And I don't blame them one bit.

I know it's only 5 assistants (plus Scott himself), and I don't think it's a stretch to say this, but when former players aren't going the extra mile to get back to UNL, it only furthers the point that Harvey Perlman severely damaged relationships in the UNL Athletic Department.

That alone tells me that a good amount of alums did not want anything to do with the internal leadership in the UNL athletic department. It makes me glad Moos is in charge. Greene and Bounds know it's about revenue, not ice cream and water balloon fights. Here's to hoping Frost chooses NU in the near future.

Last edited:
Except it's speculated Chinander to take over UCF if Frost departs.

I'd probably expect Chinander as DC unless he gets the Head Job at UCF. I have no idea what the odds of that would be.

I'm not exactly sure why jlb and others keep wringing hands about pay checks. We already know that the decision from Scott is not primarily about pay through Aaron Taylor. We'll pay "enough" I'm sure.

If Scott is entertaining a few offers and ends up going with the high bid because its the high bid, you'll know he doesn't really like you, he likes your wallet. I don't expect that to happen. I think if he chooses UF, it'll be for the ease of recruiting and building a big time program. It'll just be the cherry on top they might pay a little extra.

I'd probably expect Chinander as DC unless he gets the Head Job at UCF. I have no idea what the odds of that would be.

I'm not exactly sure why jlb and others keep wringing hands about pay checks. We already know that the decision from Scott is not primarily about pay through Aaron Taylor. We'll pay "enough" I'm sure.

If Scott is entertaining a few offers and ends up going with the high bid because its the high bid, you'll know he doesn't really like you, he likes your wallet. I don't expect that to happen. I think if he chooses UF, it'll be for the ease of recruiting and building a big time program. It'll just be the cherry on top they might pay a little extra.

it sounds like some are setting the stage for the "we didn't want him anyway argument"

getting your head coach is very much about timing ... a lot depends on which other programs are shopping at the same time you are ... one year you may the top program shopping, the next 5th. After Urban's 2 years at Utah - Florida happened to need a head coach -- had Notre Dame, OSU or Texas been shopping he might not have ever ended up at Florida.

Most big time coaching candidates will end up at the highest profile job that gives them the best opportunity to win. It just so happens that these programs are the ones that likely pay the most as well. I think Nebraska can and will pay as much as any other program .. I'm just not sure in the pros and cons list Nebraska puts as many checks in the pros column as Florida. I'm hoping Frost just wants to be at Nebraska because of his roots. I think this narrative that Frost as isn't interested in the money as other coaches is naive. These high level coaches are ultra-competitive. They not only compete for wins but keep score in dollars and cents as well.

Now, an interesting position I have not seen mentioned is if Moos does his homework and concludes that another candidate(s) is more qualified to take over at Nebraska they do have an opportunity to subtlety slow play Frost and gently nudge him elsewhere. Having said that I think Frost is the best candidate we have a shot at -- this has more to do with unifying the fan base and getting an extra year or 2 to build things because of his connection to Nebraska than pure coaching ability.

Last edited:
Reactions: StrongArm517
I think we are exaggerating how big of a meltdown there would be in the fan base if we don't get Frost. Sure, people would be hurt and disappointed if he chose Florida, or some other team, over us. But if we hire a really good coach I think people would settle down eventually and rally around the new guy.

It is just football after all, and people have lives, believe it or not, that don't revolve around the head football coach at NU. That is not to say our fans lack passion. Quite the opposite! And like I said, those passionate fans would initially be really, really pissed/disappointed. But it would blow over and if the next coach is someone like a Campbell, people would begin to see that we just landed a great coach and settle down.

That is my humble opinion anyway...

I think we are exaggerating how big of a meltdown there would be in the fan base if we don't get Frost. Sure, people would be hurt and disappointed if he chose Florida, or some other team, over us. But if we hire a really good coach I think people would settle down eventually and rally around the new guy.

It is just football after all, and people have lives, believe it or not, that don't revolve around the head football coach at NU. That is not to say our fans lack passion. Quite the opposite! And like I said, those passionate fans would initially be really, really pissed/disappointed. But it would blow over and if the next coach is someone like a Campbell, people would begin to see that we just landed a great coach and settle down.

That is my humble opinion anyway...
Exactly, Ill be disappointed if we dont get Frost, but as long as we get someone Great it wont cause any meltdown, if we go out and get some OC or DC and not a HC it will be horrible if we get another MR type HC it will be horrible (i dont see those happening though, moos has too much riding on getting the right guy)

this has more to do with unifying the fan base and getting an extra year or 2 to build things because of his connection to Nebraska than pure coaching ability.

I agree with a lot of what you posted. Up to the above.

Moos already stated this isn't a rebuild. Just like Eichorst stated in 2014, in different words. IMO, Frost will most definitely unite a bigger portion of this fan base but I don't see how or why he should be given more time. Mike Riley was given 2 1/3 seasons before his AD was fired and the exact same time frame should apply to Bill Moos and whomever the next head coach is.

Our next football coach struggles, regardless who it is - the heat will once again intensify. Nebraska fans have zero patience. And Moos has backed himself in to a big time corner. I hope to heck the man delivers!

Reactions: Skerz4Life50

Moos already stated this isn't a rebuild. Just like Eichorst stated in 2014, in different words. IMO, Frost will most definitely unite a bigger portion of this fan base but I don't see how or why he should be given more time. Mike Riley was given 2 1/3 seasons before his AD was fired and the exact same time frame should apply to Bill Moos and whomever the next head coach is.

Our next football coach struggles, regardless who it is - the heat will once again intensify. Nebraska fans have zero patience. And Moos has backed himself in to a big time corner. I hope to heck the man delivers!

Except, that is the problem with our program right now. We have to break this cycle and build up the program. We keep on believing that we are entitled to win 9+ games a year, play in big games and win championships and that we should immediately fire anyone who doesn't do that, right off the bat. Eventually, we have to stick with a coach and a team while they grow, and even stick with them through a tough season along the way (see ND last year). Continuing on with this cycle will continue leading us further down a path of irrelevance.

Exactly, Ill be disappointed if we dont get Frost, but as long as we get someone Great it wont cause any meltdown, if we go out and get some OC or DC and not a HC it will be horrible if we get another MR type HC it will be horrible (i dont see those happening though, moos has too much riding on getting the right guy)

IMO this isn't about how much Nebraska is or is not willing to spend ... it is about who is willing to take the job and how does our program compare to others that are searching for a head coach at the same time. Sometimes an OC or DC somewhere rises to the top of your list as you are eliminated by your top candidates.

Depends on how the team performs on the field. Riley's leash got a lot shorter because Ohio State hasn't even had to suit up a punter for the last two games against Nebraska. If we're beating the crap out of NIU and Arky State, and coming within 14 points of Ohio State then Riley's job is not on the line.

you are probably correct ... but I do think if Frost is in Riley's shoe's after his third year he will be given a 4th year. Not saying that is right or wrong but I think it would happen.

No one was cheering more for Florida against Georgia than the Nebraksa AD - same goes for aTm, Tennessee - we want them to win out.

Except, that is the problem with our program right now. We have to break this cycle and build up the program. We keep on believing that we are entitled to win 9+ games a year, play in big games and win championships and that we should immediately fire anyone who doesn't do that, right off the bat. Eventually, we have to stick with a coach and a team while they grow, and even stick with them through a tough season along the way (see ND last year). Continuing on with this cycle will continue leading us further down a path of irrelevance.

150% agree, which is why Scott Frost (or a big, proven name) is a must get for Bill Moos. If not, Moos seat went from "heck ya he's one of us" to "Trev Alberts on line 1".

Depends on how the team performs on the field. Riley's leash got a lot shorter because Ohio State hasn't even had to suit up a punter for the last two games against Nebraska. If we're beating the crap out of NIU and Arky State, and coming within 14 points of Ohio State then Riley's job is not on the line.

Riley's leash shortened the second the NIU game ended. Had he beat NIU, the losses to Wisconsin and Ohio State are what they are - a typical ass kicking Nebraska football has faced twice a year for many years.

It all starts and ends with NIU, Bounds and Green made that clear.

Reactions: Tuco Salamanca
Riley's leash shortened the second the NIU game ended. Had he beat NIU, the losses to Wisconsin and Ohio State are what they are - a typical ass kicking Nebraska football has faced twice a year for many years.

It all starts and ends with NIU, Bounds and Green made that clear.

The season wasn't a complete disaster at that point though, the Wisconsin game was somewhat forgivable because our depth issues, the Ohio State debacle two years in a row is just plain old Pelini style embarrassments that should not be tolerated at Nebraska. It's not just a talent disparity it's clearly coaching that gets your ass kicked like that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT