Votes: 7 3.9%
  • After Iowa game

Votes: 67 37.6%
  • After their bowl game

Votes: 18 10.1%
  • He won't, he isn't going to be the next Neb HC

Votes: 86 48.3%

• Total voters
Doesn't he have a new baby? He isn't going anywhere!!!!
Not

I have never understood that UCF that line of reasoning.

As a person who has had to move a LOT, with kids, the absolute easiest time to move is when they are very young.

It's much tougher, from a personal standpoint, to move your kids once they are in school and have made friends, are familiar with their area, etc.

They do allow babies across state lines and onto jets.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pennsyhusker
It's easier to win here than at Florida.

You have to win just maybe 1 huge game a year to be where want to be,

What? C'mon man. If you install the right offense at Florida you can compete for national titles because you will always have speed and athletes on defense.

I may be able to get on board from a schedule standpoint, but that is only a portion of the battle. For Nebraska to get to the level of playing for national titles, it will take a much longer time and be a much more difficult than Florida.

Reactions: WHCSC and jlb321
Not too worried about Florida - even if Frost goes there, they'll fire him in 3 years if he doesn't win an SEC Championship.

I don't think they are all that similar.

Not identical but similar.

McElwain was about 5% worse winning % at UF than Pelini was at Nebraska. Both got routinely taken to the proctologist against the top teams on their sched.

Not identical but similar.

McElwain was about 5% worse winning % at UF than Pelini was at Nebraska. Both got routinely taken to the proctologist against the top teams on their sched.

Still don't agree, as I wrote earlier in this thread, with the right offense you can play for national titles at Florida overnight. Not true at Nebraska..Getting to and sustaining that level at Nebraska is a much more difficult task. So firing coaches that win 70% of their games and play in conference title games is a much more dangerous game at Nebraska than it is at Florida.

Last edited:
Reactions: WHCSC
Pelini stayed on as defensive coordinator at LSU for the national title game, if memory serves. But head coaches? Don't know of any off of the top of my head
Didn't TO deputize himself for recruiting and give a ship to Micah Kreikheimer?

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
Still don't agree, as I said in another thread, with the right offense you can play for national titles at Florida overnight. Not true at Nebraska..Getting to and sustaining that level at Nebraska is a much more difficult task at Nebraska. So firing coaches that win 70% of their games and play in conference title games is a much more dangerous games at Nebraska than at Florida.

Good point.

Bill Moos is on the hot seat the second Scott Frost signs with someone else. Husker Nation will have the biggest meltdown in the history of meltdowns.

this is true -- I don't think we get Frost or are willing to pay what it might take to get him

the only reason we are even in the conversation is he is a Nebraska alum ..

Nebraska is in a position where they need to get these type of guys before they become hot commodities ... ie Frost while Oregon OC

My sources are telling me Tressel will be the new head coach. Frost will be the OC and Muschamp will be the DC.

this is true -- I don't think we get Frost or are willing to pay what it might take to get him

the only reason we are even in the conversation is he is a Nebraska alum ..
He's also been saying it's his dream to coach here since 2002 when he was a GA here. And has not deviated from that ever since. Everyone is freaking out because Florida has come calling. Outside better recruiting there is no reason Frost picks them over us. His parents still live in Lincoln. His idol TO lives in Lincoln. He can coach a practice in the morning and be out in the field pheasant hunting that afternoon (His favorite thing to do). I'm not worried about Frost turning us down. If he does he likely never wanted to come here in the first place.

He's also been saying it's his dream to coach here since 2002 when he was a GA here. And has not deviated from that ever since. Everyone is freaking out because Florida has come calling. Outside better recruiting there is no reason Frost picks them over us. His parents still live in Lincoln. His idol TO lives in Lincoln. He can coach a practice in the morning and be out in the field pheasant hunting that afternoon (His favorite thing to do). I'm not worried about Frost turning us down. If he does he likely never wanted to come here in the first place.

as one has more and more success one tends to dream bigger

but I totally forgot about the pheasant hunting .... offer him $900,000 and dare him to turn down the best daggum pheasant hunting in this fair land

Last edited:
Bill Moos is on the hot seat the second Scott Frost signs with someone else. Husker Nation will have the biggest meltdown in the history of meltdowns.

The question for me is....is Bill Moos dumb enough to pimp Frost on 1620 like he did yesterday...with full intention of passing on the guy?

That'd be ultimate stick in the eye, if yesterday's message wasn't intended to set the direction.

Reactions: GeauxBigRed
The question for me is....is Bill Moos dumb enough to pimp Frost on 1620 like he did yesterday...with full intention of passing on the guy?

That'd be ultimate stick in the eye, if yesterday's message wasn't intended to set the direction.

I think people are concerned about Frost passing on a Nebraska offer not Nebraska passing on Frost

I think people are concerned about Frost passing on a Nebraska offer not Nebraska passing on Frost

That's not really something to worry about. You don't want a guy that doesn't want to be here. It would sting if he said "thanks for the memories" and rode off, but not much you can do about that.

I think on the other side of things, UF has to go through the same process as everyone else. As of yet, there's been no reports of UF requesting permission to speak with Frost formally.

Anything that's back channel I think we are fighting on even ground, or even an advantage, given his multitude of connections here.

We can play the same game as Florida ... we need to go after Tebow

Whoever they get is going to have a boatload of talented kids to work with.

@coacheshotseat: Talked to Nebraska-alum in Omaha this evening @BillisKing and folks in Lincoln going to make MONSTER offer to Scott Frost....$6M+ a year!

Get ready for silly season.

How would this be possible?

Haven't we been bemoaning the fact that, because Frost wasn't named head coach here 2 weeks ago that Moos has been sitting on his ass in large part because he is over the age of 40?

Reactions: Skerz4Life50

We'll find out soon enough.

But, but...Frost isn't ready. Isn't that what we've been told by the 'experts?'

yes ...let him earn his stripes at Florida ... if he wins big there maybe he will be ready to take over at Neb ... he would probably have to agree to take a pay cut to have the honor of coaching at Nebraska

I have never understood that UCF that line of reasoning.

As a person who has had to move a LOT, with kids, the absolute easiest time to move is when they are very young.

It's much tougher, from a personal standpoint, to move your kids once they are in school and have made friends, are familiar with their area, etc.

They do allow babies across state lines and onto jets.

Isn't that a felony though?

What? C'mon man. If you install the right offense at Florida you can compete for national titles because you will always have speed and athletes on defense.

I may be able to get on board from a schedule standpoint, but that is only a portion of the battle. For Nebraska to get to the level of playing for national titles, it will take a much longer time and be a much more difficult than Florida.

They play in the SEC East and they have to play Florida St every year.

We play in the B1G West. We will recruit better than all the teams in our division. One great team in Wisconsin and they are not that great. 9 to 10 wins are easy here. So it takes a 1 to 2 game improvement to reach where we want to be.

Nebraska competed for National Championships for 41 years. The same can be said about us.

It's amazing the difference three or four weeks can make. When Frost started being talked about there was a large contingent that said it would be silly because he isn't ready for a big time job. Why can't these other schools like Florida and Tennessee see that?

Reactions: huskerfan1414
It's amazing the difference three or four weeks can make. When Frost started being talked about there was a large contingent that said it would be silly because he isn't ready for a big time job. Why can't these other schools like Florida and Tennessee see that?
It’s Amazing the difference 3 or 4 weeks can make. When frost was being talked about there was a SMALL contingent that said it would be silly because he isn’t ready for a big time job. Why must Tom spin it into something that it never was?

The majority were saying bring scott home, while there were a small handful asking the question if he was ready. Now, according to Tom, it’s a large contingent and they said he isn’t ready, period. They weren’t wondering if he was ready, you know, posing the question of his readiness. This large contingent of fans were saying with certainty that he isn’t ready.

C’mon, Tom...

They play in the SEC East and they have to play Florida St every year.

We play in the B1G West. We will recruit better than all the teams in our division. One great team in Wisconsin and they are not that great. 9 to 10 wins are easy here. So it takes a 1 to 2 game improvement to reach where we want to be.

Nebraska competed for National Championships for 41 years. The same can be said about us.

Nebraska is a shadow of its former self. The same can not be said of us. We have not had even a good defense in years. We have zero identity on offense and are struggling to compete in a weak division of the Big Ten. Florida has won the SEC east the last 2 years. No high school player, outside of Nebraska, remembers Nebraska being great.

I think too many people want to put all of this mess on Riley, and he owns a good portion of it, but Nebraska has been meh for the better part of a decade or longer.

As I said, I can almost get on board the schedule portion of your argument. The bigger issue is getting back to relevancy. That isn’t happening overnight. The 2018 class is going to be Mid 30’s at best. We lack playmakers at key positions. The zone blocking schemes of the past staffs, where getting a hat on a hat and getting in the way has taken away the aggressiveness of the line. We will be on our 3rd defensive system in 3 years. Florida is much much closer to relevancy than Nebraska.

With the right coach, the Florida job is always going to be an easier job. Too easy to recruit and right now, only Georgia in the East is really any good.

as one has more and more success one tends to dream bigger

but I totally forgot about the pheasant hunting .... offer him $900,000 and dare him to turn down the best daggum pheasant hunting in this fair land
You can poke fun all you want but his lifestlye fits a lot better in Lincoln than it does in Gainesville. But keep hoping he doesnt come here and make us great. Where else would you get your bitching in if we didnt suck?

It’s Amazing the difference 3 or 4 weeks can make. When frost was being talked about there was a SMALL contingent that said it would be silly because he isn’t ready for a big time job. Why must Tom spin it into something that it never was?

The majority were saying bring scott home, while there were a small handful asking the question if he was ready. Now, according to Tom, it’s a large contingent and they said he isn’t ready, period. They weren’t wondering if he was ready, you know, posing the question of his readiness. This large contingent of fans were saying with certainty that he isn’t ready.

C’mon, Tom...
I think Tom's Wife just has to try to make big things out of small things. Probably says more about Tom than Tom's Wife though.

ADVERTISEMENT