Votes: 7 3.9%
  • After Iowa game

Votes: 67 37.6%
  • After their bowl game

Votes: 18 10.1%
  • He won't, he isn't going to be the next Neb HC

Votes: 86 48.3%

• Total voters
What's the guy's name who was also definitely the guy if it wasn't Tressel? Dude who coached the Nighthawks IIRC...
Moglia had to take a leave of absence from Coastal Carolina this year because of health issues. He would be a perfect fit here.

Frost will be announced after Iowa and take over after the bowls. Diaco will interim since he didn't come from Oregon. It couldn't hurt our defense any more. Frost will strategically retain a couple of our best recruiting coaches and have a month to save our class

Frost will be announced after Iowa and take over after the bowls. Diaco will interim since he didn't come from Oregon. It couldn't hurt our defense any more. Frost will strategically retain a couple of our best recruiting coaches and have a month to save our class
What if they lose to USF and aren't playing in a NY6 Bowl? Do you think he still stays and coaches the Bowl Game. The new coach really needs to assemble a staff and hit the ground running, he will have a ton of work to do. It is possible we will only have a handful of commits by then and the December signing period will take a lot of recruits off the market.

What if they lose to USF and aren't playing in a NY6 Bowl? Do you think he still stays and coaches the Bowl Game. The new coach really needs to assemble a staff and hit the ground running, he will have a ton of work to do. It is possible we will only have a handful of commits by then and the December signing period will take a lot of recruits off the market.
I would like to see him cut away early for just that. I just think he would want or need to finish out his season and still be able to get started organizing remotely. That's the reason I suggest maybe keeping Keith and Don't for at least another season

Reactions: headcard
Considering how honorable Scott seems to be, and his affection for his current program, its hard for me to see him just up and leaving on a minutes notice to come here, even if it puts him behind the 8 ball a little bit in recruiting.

There's part of me that says even if he's going to leave before he finishes his UCF business to come to NU this year, he'll still feel a duty to take those kids to the Super Six and win at least one bowl game with them.

Sipple this morning said that Ryan Bass, the Orlando sports beat writer, says UF has aligned around Frost being their #1 target (Spurrier has also signed off).

Their goal has been to be getting all the behind the scenes work completed so SF signs the contact after the AAC championship game.

Sipple this morning said that Ryan Bass, the Orlando sports beat writer, says UF has aligned around Frost being their #1 target (Spurrier has also signed off).

Their goal has been to be getting all the behind the scenes work completed so SF signs the contact after the AAC championship game.

Hmmm...Would Frost pick UF or NU?
If he wasn't from Nebraska and an NU alum I would say he would pick UF for sure...but with that being said this still might be 50/50

Reactions: jlb321
if he gets a 5 million offer from Florida, Tennessee, aTm, and Nebraska
is he coming to Nebraska??

I'm not as confident as others. If he is our guy I hope we offer what it is going to take to get him rather than what we think the market bears. The occasional comments about Frost not being as interested in money as others and how Nebraska is his dream job coupled with the frugal nature of state as a whole makes me nervous. If we try to get cute and try to save a schilling or two we may be left out in the cold.

We might be the 4th best job of the programs above. Would we be willing to go 1-2 million north of what other programs offer.

If we F around with this hire we'll end up interviewing Barney Cotton for the position

Last edited:

These hacks just feed off each other

Pelini stayed on as defensive coordinator at LSU for the national title game, if memory serves. But head coaches? Don't know of any off of the top of my head

Yah its rare, if it happens at all. Normally AD's pretty well want the new guy on the ground...and that was under the old system where signing day was February.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
It is always easy to spend make believe money that is not your own. It creates a domino affect for all the coaches. I would not want to be an AD having to manage all of the money and egos.

This is pretty much the goal of any of the aforementioned schools.

I think ole Frost will give us a look. TO will probably have some influence there. After yesterday's speech, the NU job was basically announced as "open" and Frost "candidate 1".

In sports journalism, the phrase "talked to an alum" is widely recognized as the most credible source and any information provided should be considered highly reliable.

Reactions: TheNewNU
In sports journalism, the phrase "talked to an alum" is widely recognized as the most credible source and any information provided should be considered highly reliable.

Except in Nebraska

After Frost and Campbell go elsewhere and Fuente says nope

who are we targeting??

Oh man if we make a $6 million offer to Frost and he goes to Florida anyways, the Tradition Coalition is going to lose it collective minds. That is the kind of chaos that I can get behind!

Reactions: husker1964
But you guys, Florida has fired too many coaches lately. Nobody will every want to coach them again, that's how all this works. Nobody ever takes a job where the previous person got fired, we all know that's how employment is.
except they are in a recruiting hotbed

Reactions: Nate004
After Frost and Campbell go elsewhere and Fuente says nope

who are we targeting??

The good part of apparently having $6 mil a year to spend on a coach, is that a lot of coaches in theory will open to listening to us.

But you guys, Florida has fired too many coaches lately. Nobody will every want to coach them again, that's how all this works. Nobody ever takes a job where the previous person got fired, we all know that's how employment is.

They fired Zook to get Urban, they fired Muschamp because he 28-21 overall and 17-15 in the weak SEC east. Then they fired McElwain for being 3-4 and lying about death threats. But other than that exactly the same as firing guys that win 70% of their games at Nebraska.

Reactions: WHCSC
v
They fired Zook to get Urban, they fired Muschamp because he 28-21 overall and 17-15 in the weak SEC east. Then they fired McElwain for being 3-4 and lying about death threats. But other than that exactly the same as firing guys that win 70% of their games at Nebraska.

Looks almost exactly like the guys we have canned. The current one isn't able to win in the weak BIG West.

The one prior was able to beat the lesser teams on his schedule but suffered numerous sideline meltdowns and got caught telling "all" of their fanbase to fvck off. Whether that's better or worse than making up death threats is a matter of opinion.

It's easier to win here than at Florida.

You have to win just maybe 1 huge game a year to be where want to be,

v

Looks almost exactly like the guys we have canned. The current one isn't able to win in the weak BIG West.

The one prior was able to beat the lesser teams on his schedule but suffered numerous sideline meltdowns and got caught telling "all" of their fanbase to fvck off.

I don't think they are all that similar.

ADVERTISEMENT