Votes: 7 3.9%
  • After Iowa game

Votes: 67 37.6%
  • After their bowl game

Votes: 18 10.1%
  • He won't, he isn't going to be the next Neb HC

Votes: 86 48.3%

• Total voters
Sorry. I got a little carried away. I was really just posting the quote as an example that it isn't necessarily the slam dunk everyone thinks it is.

Yeah, we'll keep doing our thing..winning. You keep doing yours...talking about next year.

That'll get you nothing, but a new coach. Just like (eventually) Nebraska.

Sorry. I got a little carried away. I was really just posting the quote as an example that it isn't necessarily the slam dunk everyone thinks it is.

Refuted immediately by another teammate today. So, speaking of a slam dunk...

I was under the impression that it was a post in a closed group discussion.

Social media is what brought the Huskers down. You want Nebraska back? Nuke every Husker forum and go back to the coffee shops and bars to discuss football.

Might have been. Apparently someone didn't let it stay in that closed group.

It sort of boxes him in. Imagine trying to negotiate with Tennessee or Florida, when its basically public record you'll work for NU at any non-laughable price.

Na. Stated, $ isn’t an issue to coach @ NU doesn’t mean $ isn’t a reason to want to coach other schools. Why the F does he want to coach Florida or Tennessee? Just means they are going to have to throw lots at him.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
Ahman Green on Carriker's podcast:

Current coaching situation, I believe they’re doing an okay job. Still room for improvement. I know recruiting is a big part of it and getting your guys in that you recruited is a part of it, so now we're getting to that time where Riley and a majority of his guys that he recruited are coming in to the university. Then we’ll start to see how the positional development comes to fruition. If it’s productive, it’s going to mean more wins and being competitive in the Big Ten. With that being said, if it is Scott coming in I don’t believe it’ll be this year or this offseason because he just got to UCF and he’s doing a fantastic job down there. They’re undefeated right now and averaging over 40 points per game. Almost similar to what we had 20 years ago with 400 yards on the ground, 100 or 200 in the air, and a strong defense. I was down there this past April with Scott and he looked like he was having a good time on the beach, so I don’t think he’s going to be leaving Central Florida anytime soon. He loves that environment, and that’s what they’ve been looking for at that university cause they’ve been right in the middle of the pack as a mid-major university and they’re looking to step up. Having Scott and his coaching staff there, the administration and everybody is happy. So if he does come here, it’ll be 2, maybe 3, years before you see Scott Frost coaching on the sidelines in Lincoln.

Thanks for sharing. I could not disagree more with Ahman.

1) Current coaching situation - They are doing below an ok job and that's not only based on the W-L record. We are very undisciplined, uninspired and just not good across the board. An ok job would never lose to NIU. BoBo did an ok job, and that would be a stretch. Riley has had to kick his buddies to the curb along the process which has affected the development of our players, not that the original guys were good (ala Banker). As for his top recruits, the top ones that sign don't even make it to campus...

2) I believe that Scott will come when offered and it will be this offseason. If it's this offseason, he's not going to let the beach life stop him from taking a once in a lifetime opportunity. He's spent a big part of his life in Nebraska, Oregon, New Jersey and Cleveland.. And is Ahman alluding that we are going to be on the market again in 3 years??

More chum for the sharks.

“From conversations I have had with him....this is his dream job, relationship with the AD is a big factor, money doesn't mean a thing to him and we would obviously pay his assistants well. He is a little worried about the big fishbowl that this job has become and talked about enjoy the anonymity at his previous jobs. He is set to have a baby next week and Larry and Carol would also push hard also to have that grandbaby back in Nebraska. His latest visit with me on style of offense is a Nebraska style inside zone game and quasi Oregon outside zone game. He believes in the run game and would like something close to 65/35 run/pass game. If you compare his current offense to Osbornes, you will see a lot of similarities in the blocking schemes...even on those outside zone plays. Defensively he likes the attacking style and would bring his DC Erik Chinander with him. This guy is a big up and comer and in my opinion would restore the order...he is a good dude too.”

-Aaron Taylor

BOOM! This is great music to my ears. The only part I have an objection with what Taylor said is regarding the money. That is something very personal to Scott that should not be made public what his preference is. I wouldn't want my buddy to go public and say money isn't important to me.. Could hurt my negotiation process with potential employers.

Frosties versus Frostbiters

wendys-frosty-chocolate-and-vanilla.jpg

cold-weather-injuries-hypothermia-frostbite-frostnip-trenchfoot-immersion-foot-chilblains-first-aid-25-638.jpg

One I love and one I never want to get!

Maybe if Frost comes to Nebraska we can frostbite Ohio State!

Maybe Wendy's needs to have Scott Frost as a sponsor and pay him millions of dollars!

Free frosties across Nebraska anytime the Huskers win!

Reactions: jrhuskerdad
Might have been. Apparently someone didn't let it stay in that closed group.
Oh my. This of course means we must find who leaked it. Was this a PRIVATE CONVERSATION?

Oh my. This of course means we must find who leaked it. Was this a PRIVATE CONVERSATION?

It was an inside job... Taylor posted it himself anonymously!

... just like Scott Frost wanted him to do for his evil plan to take over the Husker football program!

It was an inside job... Taylor posted it himself anonymously!
So we have to find Taylor? That is a good start. Who shares the idiot stuff is more important than who says it (everyone knows this)

As the HFC at UNL Frost would have many more uncomfortable situations to deal with. if this situation is just too uncomfortable for him to consider taking an offer to become the huskers HFC then Frost just isnt really ready. it's as simple as that.

JMO, if Moos tries and isn't able to get Frost here, it won't be his fault. This is turning into a freaking circus, none of which by his doing. I couldn't blame SF if he were to say no now. He has potentially been painted into a corner, and the normal 'coach speak' denials probably won't work.
People are making a mountain out of a mole hill about this. I doubt it changes anything, and I don't think it's bad that Aaron Taylor posted this. I am happy to hear that a former player considers Nebraska their dream job. That's how it should be.

People are making a mountain out of a mole hill about this. I doubt it changes anything, and I don't think it's bad that Aaron Taylor posted this. I am happy to hear that a former player considers Nebraska their dream job. That's how it should be.

Exactly.

I don't see it being even remotely as bad as so many claim.

Patterson or Peterson?

Something about the name Petersen is hard for people on this board to spell correctly. Chris spells it Petersen and my guess is he always will
Thanks for sharing. I could not disagree more with Ahman.

1) Current coaching situation - They are doing below an ok job and that's not only based on the W-L record. We are very undisciplined, uninspired and just not good across the board. An ok job would never lose to NIU. BoBo did an ok job, and that would be a stretch. Riley has had to kick his buddies to the curb along the process which has affected the development of our players, not that the original guys were good (ala Banker). As for his top recruits, the top ones that sign don't even make it to campus...

2) I believe that Scott will come when offered and it will be this offseason. If it's this offseason, he's not going to let the beach life stop him from taking a once in a lifetime opportunity. He's spent a big part of his life in Nebraska, Oregon, New Jersey and Cleveland.. And is Ahman alluding that we are going to be on the market again in 3 years??

I think Scott is either coming this offseason or not at all. I don't think there is a very big faction left in Nebraska that wants to see Riley hang around 2-3 years so Scott can take his time getting back to the Huskers.

I hope Scott comes back to be the savior. There is one thing I have learned over the years is not to be surprised if Nebraska's next coach is someone totally unexpected. Who would have said Bill Moos would be the next AD three weeks ago?

Last edited:
Yeah, we'll keep doing our thing..winning. You keep doing yours...talking about next year.

I heard College Gameday was going to be in Orlando for the Austin Peay game. Or maybe it was for UConn? Man, I'll bet Spectrum Stadium will be louder than Autzen and Husky Stadium combined.

It definitely isn't something Scott would want made public. If I were Scott, I'd be pretty upset.

Joel makes some good points re the breadth of Frost's coaching experiences.

Aaron isn't the sharpest tool in the shed

He started a restaurant business with some other ex-players over there by Village Point...
Called Scarlet and Cream.

Plenty of people start out restaurant business and just can't get over the hump... Hardly means he is dummy and he wasn't the only one involved in the restaurant.

People, this isn't a mystery. Dude is from NE, he was a star on an NC team at NU and a HC vacancy is likely at a time that he is qualified. It would be weird if he didn't strongly consider the position. Aaron Taylor essentially said the sun rises in the East and sets in the West.
All true and dude picked Stanford over NU when he was a kid. He’s no kid anymore and has lived/worked all over the country. My brother (kidding, I think) refers to our childhood friends who have never left the hometown as “lifers.” Assuming Scott would choose to move his young family back to Lincoln seems obvious to the lifers, but he isn’t one.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT