Votes: 7 3.9%
  • After Iowa game

Votes: 67 37.6%
  • After their bowl game

Votes: 18 10.1%
  • He won't, he isn't going to be the next Neb HC

Votes: 86 48.3%

• Total voters
Is this a stunt? I have heard this from other people a few weeks ago but have the common sense to not repeat it verbatim on social media and on a message board...its a bad look by Taylor for betraying Scott's trust...
Where did this originate? My guess is jflores is not the originator of this, so what site was the first to leak it?

Is this a stunt? I have heard this from other people a few weeks ago but have the common sense to not repeat it verbatim on social media and on a message board...its a bad look by Taylor for betraying Scott's trust...
even if the guy is close to Scott it was so stupid to do. And all this public begging to the point of putting up signs before Halloween on Downtown Buildings could backfire on what would be a somewhat risky job to take when he can stay at UCF a few more years & take his time on that step. For example he wouldn't have to deal with this type of stuff from UCLA fans.

If he goes to Nebraska this offseason and fails then he as to end up being stuck at a place like Northern Iowa. Orlando and UCF is not a bad place to 'be stuck at'. He is still very young

Reactions: Off-tackle70
Yeah that was unfortunate to share - but I am sure Taylor thought sharing his view would not be seen by a boatload of fans. Speaking of fishbowls - we are crazy - this is a demonstration of that. Easiest thing for Frost to do is deny he had the conversation with Taylor and throw him under the bus. Taylor will have to suck it up so Frost can keep UCF rolling (and frankly if Tennessee or aTm back up a much bigger Brinks truck than Nebraska does......he might just take the money despite what he said to Taylor).
Private convo that was tainted with emotion.....best to not but too much stock in it.

BTW - I think I just went blind.

Reactions: Off-tackle70
It needs to be one of 4 guys
Frost
Fuente
Peterson
Whittingham

If he goes off that script...especially to NFL assistant or something really crazy he might get run out of town.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
Maybe, just maybe...Aaron Taylor was supposed to have a big mouth.

Maybe Frost wanted to make it well known that he would in fact come to Nebraska if asked.

(Who knows...I am just bored at work and thought I would toss that out there)

Reactions: huskerfan1414
I pity Moos if he doesn't hire Frost. Can you imagine? If he doesn't land Frost he better hope the next coach wins multiple championships otherwise the fan base will never forgive him.

JMO, if Moos tries and isn't able to get Frost here, it won't be his fault. This is turning into a freaking circus, none of which by his doing. I couldn't blame SF if he were to say no now. He has potentially been painted into a corner, and the normal 'coach speak' denials probably won't work.

Reactions: arf_man and WHCSC

Maybe Frost wanted to make it well known that he would in fact come to Nebraska if asked.

I’m guessing he could’ve done this through his agent and a private conversation. No need for Aaron Taylor to do the dirty work…

Reactions: NikkiSixx
Frost
Fuente
Peterson
Whittingham

If he goes off that script...especially to NFL assistant or something really crazy he might get run out of town.
Those are four great candidates (although I'm not sure how realistic Peterson is) but those are far from the only four quality candidates for this job before you get to NFL assistant.

Last edited:
Frost
Fuente
Peterson
Whittingham

Patterson or Peterson?

Look, the kids at UCF know that if SF is successful, that isn't SF's last job. And I am sure those guys know he is from UNL, and I am sure everyone of them knows his parents live in Nebraska and that he may have an affinity for Nebraska. I once heard of a coach at a "lesser" school tell his players something like: "my job is to make you the best players I can, and your job is to get me a better job." That's reality. Same as any manager in a company. His/her job is to help his employees be successful, and their job is to get him/her promoted. So, nothing in Taylor's post is going to say anything to those kids they already don't know (or at least the ones who give it half a thought wouldn't figure out). FL and TN ADs aren't stupid. Most successful coaches who graduated from a P5 school have a soft spot in their heart for going back and coaching at their alma mater. Heck, those from "lesser" schools (for lack of a better term) probably also have their alma mater as a dream job - outside of hitting it big at a big-time program. He's probably no different than most others in that regard. if anything, it tells FL and TN that it might cost them a penny to lure him away from FL and TN - better for Frost negotiating, not worse. Yeah, it might make Frost uncomfortable, and yes a private conversation should never be posted on facebook without the others' consent (but that's a topic for another time). I guess we will see how good SF is at getting the kids to focus and block out the noise down the stretch.

Yeah it absolutely was a facebook post that was screenshotted and posted on twitter yesterday .I dont want to link it here but its still there

People, this isn't a mystery. Dude is from NE, he was a star on an NC team at NU and a HC vacancy is likely at a time that he is qualified. It would be weird if he didn't strongly consider the position. Aaron Taylor essentially said the sun rises in the East and sets in the West.

Thought the same thing as well, sometimes people want things "leaked" to make sure their interest is known or drive up the price at the place they are at.

Ugggg...What cute nicknames will we have for the fans that like Frost and the fans that hate him? We should probably figure this out now.

Reactions: jrhuskerdad
Thought the same thing as well, sometimes people want things "leaked" to make sure their interest is known or drive up the price at the place they are at.

I mean...put yourself in Frost's shoes...you talk to your good buddy and tell him all this "private shit" at the end wouldn't you say "Hey, keep this between you and me"...

It just seems like Frost doesn't care if it "gets out"

Scott Frost doesn't like snow and he doesn't like to travel to recruit. This is clearly fake news.

I mean...put yourself in Frost's shoes...you talk to your good buddy and tell him all this "private shit" at the end wouldn't you say "Hey, keep this between you and me"...

It just seems like Frost doesn't care if it "gets out"
I'm sorry, but if two friends are just talking, he should know something like this is in confidence. Taylor has been around long enough to know this. Pretty irresponsible if you ask me. If SF would have to tell Taylor to keep it on the down low, then they aren't that great of friends.

I'm sorry, but if two friends are just talking, he should know something like this is in confidence. Taylor has been around long enough to know this. Pretty irresponsible if you ask me. If SF would have to tell Taylor to keep it on the down low, then they aren't that great of friends.

Yeah, I get that. I am trying to think what I would say and honestly if it was my best friend I was telling this stuff to I would end it with "And don't tell anyone you ****ing moron" and we would both laugh.

Frost
Fuente
Peterson
Whittingham

Yes, I hope it's one of those four,

Somewhere on Facebook. Not sure if it was a post on AT's own page, or a comment he made on another page.

I was under the impression that it was a post in a closed group discussion.

Social media is what brought the Huskers down. You want Nebraska back? Nuke every Husker forum and go back to the coffee shops and bars to discuss football.

This is unfortunate and I would guess that Taylor is kicking himself and losing sleep over this. But at the end of the day (thought I'd throw a Bo-ism in there) I don't think it will have a big impact on getting Frost here or not. If what Taylor says is true and money isn't a factor, he doesn't need the threat of going to another school in order to negotiate a higher salary because any reasonable offer he gets is going to be fine with him. And my guess is that the offer he gets will be VERY reasonable.

Ahman Green on Carriker's podcast:

Current coaching situation, I believe they’re doing an okay job. Still room for improvement. I know recruiting is a big part of it and getting your guys in that you recruited is a part of it, so now we're getting to that time where Riley and a majority of his guys that he recruited are coming in to the university. Then we’ll start to see how the positional development comes to fruition. If it’s productive, it’s going to mean more wins and being competitive in the Big Ten. With that being said, if it is Scott coming in I don’t believe it’ll be this year or this offseason because he just got to UCF and he’s doing a fantastic job down there. They’re undefeated right now and averaging over 40 points per game. Almost similar to what we had 20 years ago with 400 yards on the ground, 100 or 200 in the air, and a strong defense. I was down there this past April with Scott and he looked like he was having a good time on the beach, so I don’t think he’s going to be leaving Central Florida anytime soon. He loves that environment, and that’s what they’ve been looking for at that university cause they’ve been right in the middle of the pack as a mid-major university and they’re looking to step up. Having Scott and his coaching staff there, the administration and everybody is happy. So if he does come here, it’ll be 2, maybe 3, years before you see Scott Frost coaching on the sidelines in Lincoln.

ADVERTISEMENT