• After their bowl game

Votes: 18 10.1%
  • He won't, he isn't going to be the next Neb HC

Votes: 86 48.3%

• Total voters

Red_Symptoms

Redshirt Freshman
Oct 30, 2016
Assuming both NU and Florida jobs open up, as seems very possible, I think the only reason he would come here is if he has some overwhelming sense of loyalty.

Florida has a few perks:

1. Recruiting. Not only talent, he's already in-state and developing pipelines. Recruits he's talking to go to UCF can easily transition to UF, only 125 miles away.

2. Money. Florida is paying $4.25M compared to Riley's $2.7. Now consider Florida doesn't have state income tax and that is an extra $225k he would save.

3. Lifestyle. Now, this is speculation on my part, but Frost seems like a coast guy. He went to Stanford, Oregon and UCF. He only went to Nebraska after it became obvious Stanford wasn't going to work out.

4. Husker nation gave him a good booing at home when he was a player. Is that something he still remembers or cares about?

Because McElwain is 22-11 with 2 division titles, yet Florida fans want to get rid of him already. And they ran Muschamp out of town 2 years after an 11-2 season. They expect SEC championships right away or you're gone. He would get a lot more leeway here being a Husker legend.

Money - we can match Florida easily there.

Lifestyle - he's married now and has a kid on the way. Nebraska's a better place to raise a kid than Gainesville, Florida. He also coached at K-State and Northern Iowa before Oregon, so I don't think he's anti-Midwest.

Because McElwain is 22-11 with 2 division titles, yet Florida fans want to get rid of him already. And they ran Muschamp out of town 2 years after an 11-2 season. They expect SEC championships right away or you're gone. He would get a lot more leeway here being a Husker legend.

Lifestyle - he's married now and has a kid on the way. Nebraska's a better place to raise a kid than Gainesville, Florida. He also coached at K-State and Northern Iowa before Oregon, so I don't think he's anti-Midwest.
Nebraska fans act like Florida fans but want it to happen without talent.

He just lived thru a massive Hurricane! Humid, mosquitoes, lizards, snakes ect.. no fun leaving your house and job for 2 weeks once every 4 to 5 years.

Going to have to wait at least another year for Florida to be open.

Yeesh, what would McElwain's buy out be? Yeah...I don't see FL cutting him loose this year.

More chum for the sharks.

“From conversations I have had with him....this is his dream job, relationship with the AD is a big factor, money doesn't mean a thing to him and we would obviously pay his assistants well. He is a little worried about the big fishbowl that this job has become and talked about enjoy the anonymity at his previous jobs. He is set to have a baby next week and Larry and Carol would also push hard also to have that grandbaby back in Nebraska. His latest visit with me on style of offense is a Nebraska style inside zone game and quasi Oregon outside zone game. He believes in the run game and would like something close to 65/35 run/pass game. If you compare his current offense to Osbornes, you will see a lot of similarities in the blocking schemes...even on those outside zone plays. Defensively he likes the attacking style and would bring his DC Erik Chinander with him. This guy is a big up and comer and in my opinion would restore the order...he is a good dude too.”

-Aaron Taylor

“From conversations I have had with him....this is his dream job, relationship with the AD is a big factor, money doesn't mean a thing to him and we would obviously pay his assistants well. He is a little worried about the big fishbowl that this job has become and talked about enjoy the anonymity at his previous jobs. He is set to have a baby next week and Larry and Carol would also push hard also to have that grandbaby back in Nebraska. His latest visit with me on style of offense is a Nebraska style inside zone game and quasi Oregon outside zone game. He believes in the run game and would like something close to 65/35 run/pass game. If you compare his current offense to Osbornes, you will see a lot of similarities in the blocking schemes...even on those outside zone plays. Defensively he likes the attacking style and would bring his DC Erik Chinander with him. This guy is a big up and comer and in my opinion would restore the order...he is a good dude too.”

-Aaron Taylor
Oh NO! You didn't.

Everyone needs to listen to the “Sharp and Benning” podcast from about 8:10 am Central time. They touch on this a bit, but other stuff too. As of the time of the post they haven’t taken a break.

Everyone needs to listen to the “Sharp and Benning” podcast from about 8:10 am Central time. They touch on this a bit, but other stuff too. As of the time of the post they haven’t taken a break.

Any interesting comments?

-Aaron Taylor
Where does this come from? Not questioning it but find it interesting that a "friend" would go to the media and say these things.

Where does this come from? Not questioning it but find it interesting that a "friend" would go to the media and say these things.

Source is directly from Aaron Taylor responding to a question on a Huskers Facebook page he’s on.

Idk

http://imgur.com/hKcABb0

According to reddit. That imgur link is broken for me here at work.

Reactions: WHCSC

My buddy who is listening to 1620 said Benning is losing his shit on air about Taylor doing this. So I gather it must be an authentic account.

Reactions: Off-tackle70
My buddy who is listening to 1620 said Benning is losing his shit on air about Taylor doing this. So I gather it must be an authentic account.

Sharp said the post has been taken down, but too late, it has been copied and is on the net obviously.

Some details are not appropriate for the public. Ironic that "fishbowl" is a concern.
It is a fishbowl.....It can be a miserable job.
Let's say he does get the job and after 5 years he has a great overall winning% but is still sub .500 against top ten teams and has no B1G titles.
People will turn on him...it's just a reality.

Let's say he does get the job and after 5 years he has a great overall winning% but is still sub .500 against top ten teams and has no B1G titles.
Of course they will...People will turn on him after the first loss. It is how it goes. Most of us (myself included) are sarcastic pompous assholes on these sites.

This really puts Frost in a bad place

It sort of boxes him in. Imagine trying to negotiate with Tennessee or Florida, when its basically public record you'll work for NU at any non-laughable price.

Boxes in the administration more and more as well. Imagine if Riley is retained, or is fired, and Dave Doeren is "the guy" with increasing amounts of "this stuff" out there. We're rapidly reaching the point where we have to do something about Frost or folks will burn down the Stadium in December.

Reactions: vs540husker
As they should. Given the last few years...

It sort of boxes him in. Imagine trying to negotiate with Tennessee or Florida, when its basically public record you'll work for NU at any non-laughable price.

Boxes in the administration more and more as well. Imagine if Riley is retained, or is fired, and Dave Doeren is "the guy" with increasing amounts of "this stuff" out there. We're rapidly reaching the point where we have to do something about Frost or folks will burn down the Stadium in December.

And now he has to answer to his players as well

-Aaron Taylor
Bolded in concerning, cause that ain't changing. On his O scheme, he is talking about a running game that TO would have likely employed out of a spread game.

ADVERTISEMENT