ADVERTISEMENT

Why was the Nebraska Iowa thread Locked

It is fun to have some great bantering with the Iowa fans.

Last edited:
Back in the summer of 2011, all the Iowa fans I talked to were so confident, saying "they can't wait to welcome Nebraska to Big Ten football"

Haha.

Pretty apparent why it was locked. When posters can`t be civil to one another it is time to lock it up.
I`m about as lightened up as a mod can be but thanks for the slam.

Reactions: sparky62
I know it's the off season but since the new forum on rivals we haven't had a whole lot of great threads or even discussions with other teams fan base in the first place.

Seems like the board has went down hill.Give the off season the benefit of doubt for not much to discuss until fan camp opens up.

That thread had degenerated unto name calling and had gotten away from discussion. Randy deleted at least a dozen posts where posters (mostly Iowa fans) had degenerated that thread. As mods, we can't do anything right, I guess. People complain because we allow too much of stuff like that and then others complain that we need to lighten up and let that stuff go.

Reactions: sparky62
You can't please everybody!

But yeah, I knew that thread was doomed once an Iowa fan started calling people jackasses.

That thread had degenerated unto name calling and had gotten away from discussion. Randy deleted at least a dozen posts where posters (mostly Iowa fans) had degenerated that thread. As mods, we can't do anything right, I guess. People complain because we allow too much of stuff like that and then others complain that we need to lighten up and let that stuff go.
Thankless job with all the whiners emailing butthurt with their inherant need to be offnded every day.

May have missed some of the posts that were deleted and that understandable to delete posts if it go's too far.

But from the rest of the posts I didn't see the need to Lock it.

Some of our fans need to grow a pair too, ( so they tease us because we haven't been a national power the last 12 years)we have opinions of other programs and make fun of them from time to time just like some have opinions of ours.This is a message board and that's what makes this board fun to read other people's opinion whether you agree or not.

I had posted early in the thread but never checked again until today until it had been locked. Didn't read or see any of the deleted stuff so what I saw looked pretty benign..

Rrt, kaz, and Sparky and any other mods ......I wouldn't want your job on here!

Nebraska leads 3-1 could easily be Iowa leading 3-1. The total score of the four games played so far is 87-86 Nebraska. That is a razor thin margin contrary to what some on both sides may think are their superiority over the other. Don't forget that KF has a hatred for the blue bloods of college football Nebraska will be in a dogfight as long as he is coaching at Iowa.

Iowa fan keeps coming back with how it's 3-1, but they beat us bad once and it could be 2-2.

Yes, in a game when our starting all-conference QB was out, and his backup was out, and a walk-on QB got his first career start, throwing 2 picks (behind an OL missing our pre-season all-conference OG, and his backup as well) you beat us despite Nebraska gaining more yards that day.

Congratulations on an epic win that did as much as any single event to leading us to fire Bo Pelini.

That 13-7 win when Iowa had zero plays on our side of the field in the 2nd half and we ended the game running into the line at their 10 could have gone either way....but unlikely given how we dominated the 2nd half behind the return of Rex Burkhead from injury. The overtime game actually could have gone either way, but anybody know Bo's record in games that we kept within a TD? We won a ridiculous percentage of those close games and nearly every OT game in his tenure.

Comparing the size of your johnson gets a little old, can we give this a rest? Safe to say that both teams will not be winning the B1G title for years to come.

Comparing the size of your johnson gets a little old, can we give this a rest? Safe to say that both teams will not be winning the B1G title for years to come.
lee-corso1.jpg

Nebraska leads 3-1 could easily be Iowa leading 3-1. The total score of the four games played so far is 87-86 Nebraska. That is a razor thin margin contrary to what some on both sides may think are their superiority over the other. Don't forget that KF has a hatred for the blue bloods of college football Nebraska will be in a dogfight as long as he is coaching at Iowa.

Aggregate score is a completely meaningless statistic.

Reactions: GretnaShawn

KF also has a hatred for anything that has transpired in the game of football since he started as a HC. The Iowa offense and defense has not changed since he started in '99.

BTW, who cares what the total score of the four games is? That is quite the reach to justify your team's play.

Reactions: steelclaw
3-1 is 3-1 dude. Soon to be 4-1.

3-1 is 3-1 dude. Soon to be 4-1.
I'm looking forward to the day when KF hangs it up or when his time at Iowa is up and BB come back home to be the next head coach at Iowa... That should strike some fear into the Nebraska fans. He had no problem beating the hell out of the Huskers! Laughing

I'm looking forward to the day when KF hangs it up or when his time at Iowa is up and BB come back home to be the next head coach at Iowa... That should strike some fear into the Nebraska fans. He had no problem beating the hell out of the Huskers! Laughing
Let me guess Jon Gruden will be the O.C., Kirby Smart will be the D.C., and Ed Orgeron will be recruiting coordinator too.

He beat the hell out of Bo Pelini, a man who somehow could not stop the Wisconsin's sweep at all.

That being said, I could see BB going back to Iowa if Arky fans start to get restless being behind the major powers in the SEC West.

Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda – the old classic Iowa mantra. As a resident in Iowa, I had to hear this from your fan base through the 80s, 90s and 2000s. And then, when we did end up playing you head to head, we beat you nearly 75% of the time. Then you would pick some above average squad - like Chuck Long's two loss historic season - and say if you had that team, you WOULDA beat us.

Those days had to have been fun for you, because you did not have to regularly play us and could be your chest and talk about what WOULDA happened. Now, unfortunately, you have to play us on a national stage every year. What is the result? We win 75% of the time. And now you say our records COULDA been different.

Here is the sad truth for you - we beat you 75% of the time, whether we have a national caliber team or below average system. You are Iowa. I figured you would have been used to that by now. Our athletic director pretty much summed up what the nation thinks of your program when a reporter asked if the victory over Iowa should have secured Bo Pelini's job for another year.

Last edited:
Lets see if I have this right:

• Hawkeye fans are claiming victory becuase some of the games were close? - last I new football was win or lose
  • When the close loss argument falls flat now you hang your hat on the coach from Arkansas coming to Iowa?
No offense guys but you need better sauce - Iowa football is pretty bad right now

i think Bill Snyder has a couple quality years left in him.. Iowa's the new KSU of the B1G. Did I do it right? If not...

giphy.gif

200w.gif

200w.gif

Woulda Coulda Shoulda has changed to Gonna. You Gonna beat us when you hire a coach someday. You're right - I'm struck with fear.

ADVERTISEMENT