ADVERTISEMENT

Why the NFL is irrelevant today

HuskerOH

Senior
Dec 4, 2007
El Ranchito Dominican Republic
https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/...es-all-in-on-blm-says-nfl-needs-new-audience/

We don't want the political marxism of a false narrative shoved down our throats. We want to watch a skilled athlete play a simple game... too much to ask for I guess. I've seen how they are changing the fields, helmets, and uniforms for this. Would love to see the NFL and Goodell go bankrupt in 3 years.

I watched the NFL for the first in 2 years last year when most of this BS subsided, the NFL will never be on my screen as long as Goodell and BLM are associated with the league. Fewer eyes on the screen equals fewer dollars in advertising. Fewer advertising dollars and the teams can't make payroll on attendance.

You know what the weirdest part is, I have not received 1 advertisement for Sunday Ticket this year. That's incompetence.

The NFL is the biggest sports league in the known universe. The level of play is as high as it’s ever been. I wish the rules wouldn’t favor offense and the passing game so much, but I understand why they do.

You don’t like the “political BS” because it’s not your political BS. Sucks for you that you can’t get past it; you’re missing out on some awesome football.

I’m watching football and don’t agree with the players knelling, But they haven’t been showing the National anthem on TV regular season games anyway..

I do wonder if NFL’s ratings will tank like the NBA. I don’t think they will, but we’ll find out soon.

The NFL is the biggest sports league in the known universe. The level of play is as high as it’s ever been. I wish the rules wouldn’t favor offense and the passing game so much, but I understand why they do.

You don’t like the “political BS” because it’s not your political BS. Sucks for you that you can’t get past it; you’re missing out on some awesome football.

True, but never a wise business move to alienate some of your customers.

Reactions: GammaxuvirHusker
I do wonder if NFL’s ratings will tank like the NBA. I don’t think they will, but we’ll find out soon.

I think you are correct. The NBA's issue is that there was a disruption in the schedule, a long layoff, living in a bubble. The NFL is starting a new season. If there is a delay and they don't finish the season until March, the March numbers would be low. JMHO

I disagree to a point. I hated it when Limbaugh was on the ESPN show.

True, but never a wise business move to alienate some of your customers.
The NFL has to consider their labor relations more carefully than most businesses.

I disagree to a point. I hated it when Limbaugh was on the ESPN show.
Fair enough. Point is that the politics are usually minimal after the ball is kicked. If it becomes "and Patrick Mahomes has thrown another Biden/Harris 2020 touchdown pass!" I'll be annoyed too. But if someone doesn't want to see players demonstrate right before the game, it's real easy -- you know when kickoff is. Go grab a beer.

I don’t watch any “news” programming.

Sort of missed the point. Very few people watch or listen to things that they totally or fundamentally disagree with. If you are pro-choice, I doubt you want to see a pro-life logo surrounding the score graphic.

TV rating are down everywhere. Its the cable cutting and the start and stop nature of sports the last few months. Ratings for the DNC and RNC were down too. Its not just sports. The metric used to measure these things may be outdated with all the streaming opportunities.

Reactions: kakdawg and jmliehr
https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/...es-all-in-on-blm-says-nfl-needs-new-audience/

We don't want the political marxism of a false narrative shoved down our throats. We want to watch a skilled athlete play a simple game... too much to ask for I guess. I've seen how they are changing the fields, helmets, and uniforms for this. Would love to see the NFL and Goodell go bankrupt in 3 years.

I watched the NFL for the first in 2 years last year when most of this BS subsided, the NFL will never be on my screen as long as Goodell and BLM are associated with the league. Fewer eyes on the screen equals fewer dollars in advertising. Fewer advertising dollars and the teams can't make payroll on attendance.

I agree. Will not watch until they do nothing but praise The Supreme Leader.

Writing stories and starting threads about how “irrelevant” something is sounds a lot like calling your ex at 2:00 am to say you’re not thinking about her.

not really, still love football, just don't love the political BS associated with it. Haven't really broken up with the ex, she's just let herself go a bit, time to get back in the gym

Interesting that on here people are saying in you don’t like something quietly without sharing your view, basically. At least it’s a nice way of saying agree with me or don’t tell me otherwise.

Reactions: huntered
TV rating are down everywhere. Its the cable cutting and the start and stop nature of sports the last few months. Ratings for the DNC and RNC were down too. Its not just sports. The metric used to measure these things may be outdated with all the streaming opportunities.

I don't think "cord cutting" affects the NFL ratings. Almost every game is broadcast on over the air network TV. Can easily be watched w/o cable

they won't even know you're gone. hopefully you can find something that makes you happy.

Interesting that on here people are saying in you don’t like something quietly without sharing your view, basically. At least it’s a nice way of saying agree with me or don’t tell me otherwise.
Maybe it's a nice way of pointing out that the same people determined to turn this board into a political cesspool look like hypocritical goobers when they snivel about politics ruining their sports viewing experience.

Reactions: tone1017
ADVERTISEMENT