ADVERTISEMENT

Why only 8

husker2612

Recruiting Coordinator
Nov 29, 2010
Can someone explain why the B1G is talking of only playing 8 games? Not shocking but this makes zero logically sense. There is no reason 10 games can't be played. If they start the 10th that still gives teams 3 and half weeks to prepare for the season. This would allow the 10 game season to be done with by Dec 12th. With the Conf Championship done by the 19th. Still in time for CFP selection on the 20th. I understand the no bye thing, but all teams would be equal in that regard.

Can someone explain why the B1G is talking of only playing 8 games? Not shocking but this makes zero logically sense. There is no reason 10 games can't be played. If they start the 10th that still gives teams 3 and half weeks to prepare for the season. This would allow the 10 game season to be done with by Dec 12th. With the Conf Championship done by the 19th. Still in time for CFP selection on the 20th. I understand the no bye thing, but all teams would be equal in that regard.
'Cuz that's what Ohio State wanted?

Works for everyone. Harbaugh doesn't have to get rolled by Ohio State again. Assuming Rutgers wants to sit out as well.

So Michigan, MSU, Maryland, Rutgers out. Depending on the status of Minnesota and Wisconsin, that leaves 8-10 schools in.

9 or 10 would make a decent round robin schedule.

Given what the B1G leadership must think of Nebraska right now here will be our 8 game schedule:
Ohio State in Columbus
Purdue in Lincoln
Michigan in Ann Arbor
Wisconsin in Madison
Iowa in Lincoln
PSU in State College
Minnesota in Lincoln
Northwestern in Lincoln

We will NOT play: Rutgers, Maryland, Indiana, MSU, or any other patsy...

Reactions: bshirt73
There are only 8 teams that seem to want to play (maybe).

I think you have the hard line four that are for sure in- (Iowa, Neb, OSU, PSU)

You have the four that are maybes (Minn, Wis, Purdue, Ind)

You have the four that are unlikely (Mich, MSU, Maryland, Rutgers)

Two that are not going no matter what (NW, Ill)

Could be a rough year for Nebraska. Possibly have to win 5/8 or 5/6 conference games to get bowl eligible in a schedule trending towards the tougher teams in the league (sans Michigan) playing.

Not sure if they could start the tenth. They were looking at delaying fall camp when MSU shut down right before we were going to kick it off....unless I remember wrong.

UW has another week and a half on shutdown. I guess if they let us start that 2-3 week clock right away, that's fine, but if we have to wait until all the teams can start (ie UW), then we may not make the 10. (Edit: Although Alvarez was pretty upbeat about them making a deadline).

Edit: There's also been some conflicting reports on how long it would actually take to run us up. Harbaugh said 2 weeks. Frost said 3. "Unnamed coaches" said the real number is probably 3-4 when these guys aren't in whipping up the votes mode in front of the camera.

Last edited:
Man, the Big 10 has had a prime opportunity to make this right and they continue to step on their dick. It's like make a f'in decision. Stop with all of the bullshit.

I only give partial blame to the B1G. None of us really expected these guys to truly revisit the issue and get more egg on their face for reversing. Most of the heartache about this vote though, is being drummed up through unconfirmed media reports and random ass amateurs like Sir Yacht who have fans all wrapped up their their most dearest desires are going to come true in 24 hours.

Rightly or wrongly, the B1G is going to move according to its own deliberations. Its not going to jump and dance because Sir Yacht is throwing out chum to the masses.

Reactions: husker2612
I only give partial blame to the B1G. None of us really expected these guys to truly revisit the issue and get more egg on their face for reversing. Most of the heartache about this vote though, is being drummed up through unconfirmed media reports and random ass amateurs like Sir Yacht who have fans all wrapped up their their most dearest desires are going to come true in 24 hours.

Rightly or wrongly, the B1G is going to move according to its own deliberations. Its not going to jump and dance because Sir Yacht is throwing out chum to the masses.
these geniuses are watching the ACC play with fans in the stands

they're getting ready to watch the SEC play with fans in the stands

they, and all who don't place blame squarely upon their skinny, frail shoulders, are the worst kind of people.

they made a rushed decision based on faulty data and are too full of hubris and ego to admit they're wrong. they are an absolute embarrassment to their posts.

Could be a rough year for Nebraska. Possibly have to win 5/8 or 5/6 conference games to get bowl eligible in a schedule trending towards the tougher teams in the league (sans Michigan) playing.
Do you think they will have bowl games

Reactions: Red I 73

They continue to step in it because they are entertaining starting early again. If they would have stuck to their guns on their initial decision.. fine. The B1G has stepped on their dick and they look more and more dumb as time wears on. I think part of it, is they are scripting a narrative on how to make Kevin Warren look like he was the saving grace and build his reputation back up. You have all of these so called "Leaders" but no one is able to make decision, whatever that may be and instead continue to let this fiasco move forward when you have had plenty of ability to just end making yourself look bad.

As to the schools that don't want to play....

They sure as hell better not include them in any earnings this year..

Reactions: HBK4life
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT