ADVERTISEMENT

Why no Big 10 investigation of Wisconsin?

The_Glove_Man

Senior
Jun 9, 2010
Madison, WI
Color me bitter, but in all seriousness, in light of Illinois' recent outbreak, and Dan Patrick's comments, doesn't it behoove the Big 10 to investigate whether Mertz' pre-game COVID test was negative? For the safety of the athletes and the unity of the conference and the sheer amount of money lost, shouldn't they levy some serious punishments if Wisconsin was pulling shenanigans? It amounts to borderline criminal activity and I say that without any attempt at hyperbole, so why wouldn't someone look into it?

Color me bitter, but in all seriousness, in light of Illinois' recent outbreak, and Dan Patrick's comments, doesn't it behoove the Big 10 to investigate whether Mertz' pre-game COVID test was negative? For the safety of the athletes and the unity of the conference and the sheer amount of money lost, shouldn't they levy some serious punishments if Wisconsin was pulling shenanigans? It amounts to borderline criminal activity and I say that without any attempt at hyperbole, so why wouldn't someone look into it?
Because Uncle Barry runs the conference and Wisconsin are the belle of the Ball in the West.

Going down that road is a recipe for disaster for everyone. Nothing good would come from it so probably better to let sleeping dogs lay.

I'm sure the Big Ten will get right on that - just as soon as they complete the investigation into Brad Davison punching opponents in the nuts.

Reactions: Bigred_b1624
Getting the answer to questions the league doesn’t want isn't a good thing for the league. Seems to me that if the answer comes back The school or even just the coaches knew, legal issues would be as bad as they could be for all involved. Look at the years of cover up at other schools, this won’t get looked at.

This is a conference that sat on it's collective ass over the goings on at PSU and MSU (lots and lots and lots of people/children raped)

Why would you expect them to take action over Wisconsin playing covid positive players?

Particularly when you have to get busy taking action against schools trying to play football on an open date.

no conference has investigated a single team yet despite this very thing happening every weekend multiple times over the last 6 weeks. what dont you get? why when it happens to nebraska does it amount to something different? multiple teams have had positives after playing games. they didn't launch investigations. this is why people are bagging on neb. we somehow think we are different

I thought I heard on 1620 that each school has a B1G rep onsite to oversee the testing

This is a league that did not investigate racism at Iowa. They do not want problems or questions...it is all for under the rug.

This is a league that did not investigate racism at Iowa. They do not want problems or questions...it is all for under the rug.
Until a team wants to play football, then it’s time to kick their ass out.

no conference has investigated a single team yet despite this very thing happening every weekend multiple times over the last 6 weeks. what dont you get? why when it happens to nebraska does it amount to something different? multiple teams have had positives after playing games. they didn't launch investigations. this is why people are bagging on neb. we somehow think we are different

Did the team's opponent come down with several cases immediately afterward? Did a national sports talkshow host say that they had inside information that there was a pre-game positive? If so, then that should be investigated also. But as strict as the Big 10 is about this issue, you'd think they would be extra zealous to stomp this sort of thing out.

This is getting ridiculous. If we were in Wisconsin's shoes, would you want the Big 10 investigating us? Would you want one of our best players out for 21 days when evidence is stacking up that it's completely unnecessary? Criticize Wisconsin all you want for the decision to cancel, but this is turning into a sideshow.

If their rapid test was negative on Saturday what were they supposed to do. The conference gets all test results daily!

This is getting ridiculous. If we were in Wisconsin's shoes, would you want the Big 10 investigating us? Would you want one of our best players out for 21 days when evidence is stacking up that it's completely unnecessary? Criticize Wisconsin all you want for the decision to cancel, but this is turning into a sideshow.
If we were in their shoes we would be getting investigated and getting destroyed even more so than we are now by the national media

Because they're on their way to Lincoln because they heard that Scott Frost has a cough.

ADVERTISEMENT