ADVERTISEMENT

Why is 3rd and long and 4th and long automatic

Combination of mediocre talent and a pretty bad defensive coordinator.

If it ain’t working early or the opposing OC makes adjustments the defense is in trouble because Chinander can’t stop the bleeding.
We should be willing to have continuity in the program for at least another year. However I was hesitant of Chinander coming along for the ride with Frost. There was nothing that suggest he would be a good D1 coordinator. As he showed at UCF, any offense with a pulse was able to put up 40+ on them. Their only saving grace was UCF offense was able to outscore the other teams. He won't be able to rely on that in the BIG. So far at Nebraska his D has sucked. His inability to make adjustments is mind numbing. I understand he is Frosts BFF, but I hope Frost is able to cut the cord when the time comes.

I have a question.. If the older players are so bad and their attitudes are terrible is it not a bad thing to keep playing them as that attitude then trickles down to the younger players one would think. It then becomes harder in the future to instill a new attitude. Losing becomes okay and that is the way it continues going forward.
Right that is my fear has well. Seems like it could be a endless circle of piss poor mentality. Not sure how to fix it. Besides cleaning house of every single one of those players. Since we have little to no depth that is nearly impossible and still field a team.

This ^^

I will also add that our players haven't grasped our schemes yet. Our latest teams remind me a lot of Callahan's '07 team where there is no pass rush or intelligence to get the job done. I'd also say the biggest flaw we have is we don't have a killer mentality. 3rd and 4th downs are the most critical downs and that's when you see who really wants it and who doesn't. I do believe we try, I haven't seen lazyness from a Frost team. We just don't have the smarts and that killer "refuse to lose" instinct.

To me it's nothing the current DL can do to improve, they're strong but just not athletic and quick enough to shed blocks and make plays. Also they are
We should be willing to have continuity in the program for at least another year. However I was hesitant of Chinander coming along for the ride with Frost. There was nothing that suggest he would be a good D1 coordinator. As he showed at UCF, any offense with a pulse was able to put up 40+ on them. Their only saving grace was UCF offense was able to outscore the other teams. He won't be able to rely on that in the BIG. So far at Nebraska his D has sucked. His inability to make adjustments is mind numbing. I understand he is Frosts BFF, but I hope Frost is able to cut the cord when the time comes.

Who does Frost have more loyalty to, his BF, or the university paying him $35 million via money from fans that want to win?

To me it's nothing the current DL can do to improve, they're strong but just not athletic and quick enough to shed blocks and make plays. Also they are

Who does Frost have more loyalty to, his BF, or the university paying him $35 million via money from fans that want to win?
My hope is his friend will realize how important this is to Frost and steps down vs making Frost fire him.

I disagree that they can't do anything to improve it. It seems like the coaching emphasizes maintaining position and gap integrity rather than block shedding and making plays. Unfortunately our players aren't very good at the former either.

and yet no one will entertain the possibility that the game is rigged by play calling. This is the kind of stuff I’m talking about. Obvious head scratchers that give away games.
bet it and post your results

money talks, bullshit walks

Last edited:
If Frost needs to fire someone, he needs to man up and do it. None of this stepping down to save face BS while all the good assistants get taken away by some other team.

Sick and tired of watching the SEC teams play Defense and they rarely leave a key offensive skill player wide open for super easy yardage. Chins literally has to be the dumbest or worst D coaching in all of Power 5 for sure, probably in all of FBS.

There are several posters here that obviously have good, technical understanding of football. I'd love to hear their opinions; because 3rd and whatever seems to be insanely easy to convert for opponents. This is especially maddening because NU does a reasonable job on 1st and 2nd down. We've done a reasonable job getting sacks. Why do we look like we are afraid of the ball on 3rd down?

I'd like to understand it better.

There are several posters here that obviously have good, technical understanding of football. I'd love to hear their opinions; because 3rd and whatever seems to be insanely easy to convert for opponents. This is especially maddening because NU does a reasonable job on 1st and 2nd down. We've done a reasonable job getting sacks. Why do we look like we are afraid of the ball on 3rd down?

I'd like to understand it better.

A lot of the experts here thought we had a shot at beating Ohio State.

Sick and tired of watching the SEC teams play Defense and they rarely leave a key offensive skill player wide open for super easy yardage. Chins literally has to be the dumbest or worst D coaching in all of Power 5 for sure, probably in all of FBS.
You must not be watching some of the SEC teams I've watched. I see plenty of coverage busts with a guy catching a wide open pass for a stroll in to the endzone. There's no way to sugar coat it. We're playing a 3rd string safety a ton due to injuries and our linebackers have trouble covering. That's a very bad combination. An average QB and OC should be able to take advantage of that and they are.

You must not be watching some of the SEC teams I've watched. I see plenty of coverage busts with a guy catching a wide open pass for a stroll in to the endzone. There's no way to sugar coat it. We're playing a 3rd string safety a ton due to injuries and our linebackers have trouble covering. That's a very bad combination. An average QB and OC should be able to take advantage of that and they are.

You just sugar coated it, Chins is terrible and should be let go.

You just sugar coated it, Chins is terrible and should be let go.
What's your qualifications to make that decision? You are making a sweeping generalization without sufficient data IMO to make that decision. Again. Everybody I've read and listened to says 3 years to install a 3-4 defense. Those are guys who played in it or who have coached it. Then add to it our issues with talent at linebacker and injuries at safety and you get what we've got. IMO it's too early to cut bait on Chinander.

The guys I listened to after the Purdue game were more alarmed by our QB's play and a few of the play calls than they were the defense.

What's your qualifications to make that decision? You are making a sweeping generalization without sufficient data IMO to make that decision. Again. Everybody I've read and listened to says 3 years to install a 3-4 defense. Those are guys who played in it or who have coached it. Then add to it our issues with talent at linebacker and injuries at safety and you get what we've got. IMO it's too early to cut bait on Chinander.

The guys I listened to after the Purdue game were more alarmed by our QB's play and a few of the play calls than they were the defense.

Your defending the loser that is indefendible. Our D is blatantly stupid and a laughing stock.

I never said Wandale was leaving. Wrong again, @Top_Gun_ !!
yea, definitely wasn't you spreading rumors of him and others leaving

definitely didn't say that

not once

giphy.gif

Is it not obvious yet the time has come? Or do we have to wait three more years to they have all their own players and then watch to complain that the same problems still exist?? Maybe then??

My thoughts as well. The next reason will be he doesn't have the right players.

yea, definitely wasn't you spreading rumors of him and others leaving

definitely didn't say that

not once

giphy.gif

You stole a gif that I used in the other thread. Shocker! To your point, I spread no rumors about Wandale leaving. You attacked his father because you were still mad about him liking those tweets. Never attack a player's family, babygirl. Just a bad look.

You stole a gif that I used in the other thread. Shocker! To your point, I spread no rumors about Wandale leaving. You attacked his father because you were still mad about him liking those tweets. Never attack a player's family, babygirl. Just a bad look.
'wr, npg, jjd all leaving' - a direct quote from you. you even prompted questions to clarify who those were.

I posted an article quoting his father about his decision to go to NU and how it was derived from past mistakes. others erroneously said he raised him to go to the nfl, I posted the truth.

I'm sure you still haven't read it, being as how you cannot afford a subscription to the athletic. it's a good story about his turning his life around.

for such a 'realist' who posts 'truth' people don't want to hear, you sure have a difficult time with facts and reality.

'wr, npg, jjd all leaving' - a direct quote from you. you even prompted questions to clarify who those were.

I posted an article quoting his father about his decision to go to NU and how it was derived from past mistakes. others erroneously said he raised him to go to the nfl, I posted the truth.

I'm sure you still haven't read it, being as how you cannot afford a subscription to the athletic. it's a good story about his turning his life around.

for such a 'realist' who posts 'truth' people don't want to hear, you sure have a difficult time with facts and reality.

I’ve found that those that continue to bring up money are usually the people that are hurting in that department.

Do we need to set up a gofundme page for you?

Post the entire quote. Don't try to be all fakenews about it.

You blasted Dale because it made you feel better. You tried to discredit him in the eyes of the Cletii.

Post the entire quote. Don't try to be all fakenews about it.

You blasted Dale because it made you feel better. You tried to discredit him in the eyes of the Cletii.
it was deleted along with @huskerbaseball13's entire thread or I would have already.

keep denying if you want. a true troll to the core.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT