ADVERTISEMENT

Why even have instant replay?!?

Originally posted by litespeedhuskerfan:

This why you should care. Duke is a private school full of elitist f*cks. Wisconsin is a public school full of students just like you and me. You do the math.
Duke seems like a great school that is chocked full of talented people who are the best at what they do and want to get even better, and choose a tough school over an easier one because they are confident in their abilities. If my son or daughter were talented enough to garner attention from Duke, it would take surgery to remove the smile from my face, and I bet it would be the exact same for you. Duke wins the right way, with squeaky clean people who could have gone anywhere they wanted. I can see why you would dislike them so much.
Yeah, its funny to see the coach Cal hate in the other thread because he has some questionable marks on how he gets things done, yet when coach K and Duke seemingly do everything the right way, they are equally as hated. The bottom line here is that people/teams that win on an incredibly high level are hated based on whatever reason someone feels like using.

for all the talk of officiating (and it was crappy) it was Duke who had their 2 top players on the bench with foul trouble for a good chunk of time

Yeah it's bad, no doubt. But a few questionable calls against Duke early changed how they had to play for the rest of the game. I'm just saying its bad on both sides, and when it mattered late one team hit some big shots and the other didn't.
Fair enough. In all fairness, I did not see much of the first half (only about the last 4-5 minutes).

In regards to what some are eluding to....I doubt whether the fix is in. I am just saying that there may be a mental bias at times that messes with the integrity of the game. Those three calls that I saw at the end of the game were some of the worst that I have seen in that type of a situation. The relay took the cake. Once again, I am not a big fan of either school or coach, so I couldn't have cared less who won. I just hate to see games of that magnitude officiated that poorly. Is that REALLY the best officiating that the NCAA had to offer? If so.......
sick0002.r191677.gif

...and Dana, wait till you see some of the calls in our league this year. They will make last night's game look like a collection of all star refs. You gotta put the other guy on the canvas, don't leave it to the refs. They will let you down every time.
It can't be nearly as bad as one that I saw last year. A kid stole second base. When the throw came down to second base, the SS went to apply the tag WITHOUT the ball. The ball was thrown into centerfield. When everyone in the stands and the dugout started to yell, "He doesn't even have the ball!" He threatened to throw the coach out. Lost the game 8-6.

Originally posted by jlb321:
for all the talk of officiating (and it was crappy) it was Duke who had their 2 top players on the bench with foul trouble for a good chunk of time
Exactly. Lousy way to fix a game if you ask me. Unless they were trying to fix it for Wisconsin.

They screwed up some big things, but it's still better with replays.

Where were all the threads about the shot clock violation that got Wiscy to the title game?

Originally posted by jlb321:
Exactly. Lousy way to fix a game if you ask me. Unless they were trying to fix it for Wisconsin.
Do the crime, serve the time. They committed the fouls.

ADVERTISEMENT