ADVERTISEMENT

Why doesn’t Nebraska play Notre Dame more?

I heard about this. The rumor was Notre Dame refused to schedule Nebraska for decades, not because of turning their stadium red at all, but because of how badly Notre Dame fans were treated in Lincoln.
...not recently, rather back in the 1930's. Evidently, it was pretty bad.

Cg_lMTHXEAAhVD2
Sorry for late reply ladies. ... but ya.... crazy picture... as I mentioned earlier though.... I dont blame nebraska fans for invading a real stadium.... must have been boring watching games in 'Memorial Stadium (how many stadiums have that name... honestly)'..... memorial has like 50 ads all over it.... and outside of that NU fans get/got to travel to powerhouses of Big 12 north..... so of course they jumped at the opportunity to travel to Mecca of College Football.

I wish ya'll good luck this year in getting out of the bottom of the Big Bad Big Ten lol.

Stop. They don’t. I know we in Neb don’t want Iowa to do well but they don’t suck. They’ve been better than Neb in recent years. They don’t have the NCs that Neb does but Neb’s last NC was in 97. That was 24 years ago. We (Neb) can’t hang on the the accomplishments of 25-30 years ago forever. Hell...if I’d been 50 when we won that Natty in 97, I’d probably be dead now.

To be clear, the football program is only one component (albiet an important one) of "Iowa sucks"

Reactions: bigboxes
Stop. They don’t. I know we in Neb don’t want Iowa to do well but they don’t suck. They’ve been better than Neb in recent years. They don’t have the NCs that Neb does but Neb’s last NC was in 97. That was 24 years ago. We (Neb) can’t hang on the the accomplishments of 25-30 years ago forever. Hell...if I’d been 50 when we won that Natty in 97, I’d probably be dead now.
I hope you're wearing a cup, mouth guard, and a helmet. That type of reasoning will bring "'the Gang"

I thought it was his wife that said going to SoCal would be better than nebraska. Also aren't a good percentage of Nebraskans catholic?
Surely there couldn’t have been any anti-Catholic activity in NE- 100 years ago.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT