ADVERTISEMENT

Why does it seem like our athletics are filled with guys who can’t win?

Riled Up

Walk On
Oct 13, 2019
Volleyball excused of course, I have never seen a team simply lose winnable games time and time again.

Volleyball excused of course, I have never seen a team simply lose winnable games time and time again.
You have to have a good lineup and kids who are winners. You will see a big difference when the three recruits get here.
Lets face it. Hoiberg is putting kids on the floor where SOME would not even make alot of D1 teams or would ride the bench.
Give it time!

You have to have a good lineup and kids who are winners. You will see a big difference when the three recruits get here.
Lets face it. Hoiberg is putting kids on the floor where SOME would not even make alot of D1 teams or would ride the bench.
Give it time!
You put a lot of faith in two freshmen and an undersized juco shooter. All of our guys who get serious minutes are D1 players, just not good ones. Hoiberg chose them and we spent all of last year hearing about how great Banton was. We're not going to be any good next year either unless we get a true point and figure out how to coach guys to make free throws and run simple plays in end of game situations. Oh who am I kidding, we're not going to be any good next year, period.

I support all Huskers sports. We all know we want to do a lot better in both MENS FOOTBALL and MENS BASKETBALL.

Hell I want them to achieve but I personally don’t get any self satisfaction out of Wrestling, Tennis, Track and Field, Golf ( (even though I love to play any time I get) Cross Country ( ran it in high school besides being on the basketball team).

Football
Basketball
Baseball
Volleyball
Women‘s Basketball

After this don’t care much..

I root for NU in bowling! I'd support mens & womens hockey if they'd start a program.

ohh I would too as far as hockey in either one..
Bowling is no different than Wrestling,Golf, Tennis and Track and Field as far as I’m concerned..

too bad enough of us not give two $&it’s about a individual sport like wrestling....
I respect the fact you find certain Husker sports insignificant. I won't get in a pissing match about that. I just respect the work wrestlers put in. My son played football and wrestled for many years. And wrestling was far more grueling physically and mentally than football ever was. I will always be a fan.

ohh I would too as far as hockey in either one..
Bowling is no different than Wrestling,Golf, Tennis and Track and Field as far as I’m concerned..

I think Bowling is actually the worst, followed closely by Rifle.
Pathetic to even field these teams.

You put a lot of faith in two freshmen and an undersized juco shooter. All of our guys who get serious minutes are D1 players, just not good ones. Hoiberg chose them and we spent all of last year hearing about how great Banton was. We're not going to be any good next year either unless we get a true point and figure out how to coach guys to make free throws and run simple plays in end of game situations. Oh who am I kidding, we're not going to be any good next year, period.
You don't see McGowens little brother as filling that spot?

My son played football and wrestled for many years. And wrestling was far more grueling physically and mentally than football ever was. I will always be a fan.
I agree. Wrestling is just brutal if you are committed..... and especially brutal if you are not. Either way, there are no shortcuts and no teammates to rescue you on the mat.

I spent 3 years in youth boxing, took a year off, then decided to wrestle in 9th grade. Wrestling was far more demanding.

Reactions: Walleye79
You don't see McGowens little brother as filling that spot?
A true point guard? I'm excited to see him in whatever role he fills but I'm officially in the wait and see club as far as whether we win any games next year.

I DO see Fred getting a portal kid at the point... and it DOES make a difference... this alterique Gilbert at WSU? Grad Tran from UCONN? Hardly scores... runs the team...

I respect the fact you find certain Husker sports insignificant. I won't get in a pissing match about that. I just respect the work wrestlers put in. My son played football and wrestled for many years. And wrestling was far more grueling physically and mentally than football ever was. I will always be a fan.
Not denying that wresting isn’t more greuling than any other sport..Any sport is mental, you can’t compare one sport to another in mentality and I could argue golf is more mental than any sport...

Sorry but wrestling isn’t one of those spectator sports the majority like to watch..

No apology needed. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know other sports are more popular than wrestling hell my favorite sport is football. But when I throw out a positive post about a few Husker men doing well and you come out with a simple minded post about most people don't gives 2 $hits about wrestling. You are wrong. But you do you. Some people just are narrow minded.

Reactions: scarletred
No apology needed. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know other sports are more popular than wrestling hell my favorite sport is football. But when I throw out a positive post about a few Husker men doing well and you come out with a simple minded post about most people don't gives 2 $hits about wrestling. You are wrong. But you do you. Some people just are narrow minded.

My apologies if I offended your integrity...Too each his own..

Last edited:
More like coaches who can't win. If we looked like a well-coached team and we were losing this many games in football and basketball, I could maybe start buying the talent excuse. But we're not even close to a well-coached team in either sport and looks like we're constantly getting outcoached in most games. The truth is if our teams were actually well-coached, we'd be winning a lot more games even with the same talent level.

More like coaches who can't win. If we looked like a well-coached team and we were losing this many games in football and basketball, I could maybe start buying the talent excuse. But we're not even close to a well-coached team in either sport and looks like we're constantly getting outcoached in most games. The truth is if our teams were actually well-coached, we'd be winning a lot more games even with the same talent level.
I thought we turned a corner against Rutgers, hoiberg has me nervous after these two clunkers

Because Nebraska's "Bag Man" is handing out Runzas and Valentino's gift cards instead of stacks of cash.

Reactions: Riled Up
ADVERTISEMENT